Should i opt for a netbook or a notebook?

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys, my dear friend needs a book but confused between net and note.:S

Her requirements/priorities--

Browsing, downloading, watch movies, listen music

Programming-- c, c++, vb.net, java, sql, oracle, apache etc..

& last but not least a good lasting battery time.

she is not into gaming but its better to have a low or mid-level gaming support, though not strictly required.

Budget 25-32k

Netbook is preferred as it is lightweight but if the above programming stuff if heavy on it then ultimately have to shift to a notebook.

Suggest accordingly.

True but though her budget is good that doesn't mean she has to opt for a notebook unless those things cant be easily done with a netbook.

Hi..

for your needs you definitely don't need to go for a laptop..i would suggest you consider buying a netbook..fits your listed requirements perfectly..you can find a number of intel atom powered netbooks in the market..a decent one should cost you around 20k.

goodluck.

You should definitely buy a notebook. Netbooks (especially 10.1 inch variety) have too low screen size, resolution and small keyboard size - affects usability significantly.

If ultra portability and ultra low cost are not your priorities, you should definitely buy a notebook, esp now since quite decent low cost notebooks are available around 18K budget.

Netbooks are obsolete, mate. :|

Programming stuff means lots of time in front of the screen, which definitely means your friend needs a notebook, for the bigger screen. Also notebooks are generally more powerful than similarly-priced netbooks and will satisfy her minimal gaming needs.

Can anyone confirm the current prices for the foll books:

hp dm1z
ASUS X42F VX204Ds
Asus X42JY
HP ProBook 4430s
dell vostro 1450

Back