Should i opt for a netbook or a notebook?

rajan1311 said:
i got the X42F for 19.5k which had 4GB DDR3 RAM... whats the difference between the F and the JY?

also, I think the dmz1 goes for around 22-23k..

Can u tell me from where did u got it for 19.5k with 4GB ??

you said your budget is around 30k INR,
I have similiar expectations from my notebook and budget was running little ess ~25000 INR max, so I went for the latest HP DM1-4003 priced @23k, it has everything except a powerful cpu to run netbeans and VS2010 , not even SQL server...
although you can go for memory upgrade to 8gb ram, that will be wise enough to handle all your requirements...and do a little bit compensation......and dats what I am gonna do...wheneva I will get bored of my Desktop..

But let me tell you, in programming you need more ram and better CPU, so better would be if you can catch hold of some core 2 duo or core I3 at same price , with memory expansion capability in DDR3,.......running Netbeans on ATom suxks......even on dual core atoms...I have seen the'm on my freinds lappy which he got free of cost from N*IT institute.....
Dual core amd's are better...still they are'nt meant for running this heavy stuff.........Recommended ones are those with Core 2 duo, or core I3 and anything aboe 4GB ram, that will be enough.....
I can give you some options if you want...as I recently brained out a laptop showroom representative....:p....

hrishi said:
you said your budget is around 30k INR,

I have similiar expectations from my notebook and budget was running little ess ~25000 INR max, so I went for the latest HP DM1-4003 priced @23k, it has everything except a powerful cpu to run netbeans and VS2010 , not even SQL server...

although you can go for memory upgrade to 8gb ram, that will be wise enough to handle all your requirements...and do a little bit compensation......and dats what I am gonna do...wheneva I will get bored of my Desktop..

But let me tell you, in programming you need more ram and better CPU, so better would be if you can catch hold of some core 2 duo or core I3 at same price , with memory expansion capability in DDR3,.......running Netbeans on ATom suxks......even on dual core atoms...I have seen the'm on my freinds lappy which he got free of cost from N*IT institute.....

Dual core amd's are better...still they are'nt meant for running this heavy stuff.........Recommended ones are those with Core 2 duo, or core I3 and anything aboe 4GB ram, that will be enough.....

I can give you some options if you want...as I recently brained out a laptop showroom representative....:p....

Ok thanks. Let me know other options too. as you are willing to tell.

Back