Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update- So at last they had agreed to refund the invoice value for the lost shipment for both me and josejeya26, I had already received the cheque for Rs.5300 and i think the balance of approx 7.5k will be refunded by next week.
josejeya26 I hope u have got the confirmation from Anuradha ?

Yes Bro. Got the confirmation from Anuradha today. Eagerly awaiting the cheques for the whole amount.

@shopandship

How many of my shipments were charged more even after me sending invoices on time and invoice being inside the shipment. Your team only has one answer " customs assessed the value" then why are you you there are a service provider? Your job also includes ensuring the shipments are clearead based on the invoices present in the shipment.

I have left shopandship. If you dont improve ur service you will loose many more like me who has given you more than 40 shipments.

So the SnS T&C have been updated. Some points specially worthy of attention:

Limitation of Liability

In consideration for Aramexs acceptance of Accountable Items and the substantial responsibilities involved therein, the Customer expressly releases Aramex from all responsibility for loss, damage, or other disposition of the Accountable Items. In accordance with this release, the Customer further waives any and all rights of claim against Aramex in respect of the Accountable Items.
Aramexs liability for loss or damage is limited to the lesser of (i) the value of the shipment; or (ii) one hundred United States Dollars (USD 100) or its equivalent per shipment, regardless of the nature of the claim. Aramex shall not be liable for indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, such as loss of profit.
Aramex will not be liable for any penalties imposed or loss or damage incurred due to the Customers documents or goods being impounded by customs or other official authorities, and the Customer hereby indemnifies Aramex against such penalty or loss.
Aramex may add to or change or update these Terms and Conditions from time to time entirely at its own discretion and without notice to the Customer. Any and all amendments to the Terms and Conditions shall be published on Shop and Ship website (Shop and Ship :: Home) and shall be effective on the date of publication thereof. Customer is responsible for checking these Terms of Conditions periodically to remain in compliance with these terms. Customers use of the Account after any amendment to the Terms and Conditions shall constitute acceptance by the Customer of these terms, and Customer also agrees to be bound by any such changes/revisions. Customer is advised to regularly check for any amendments or updates to the Terms and Conditions from time to time, as Aramex shall not be liable to compensate Customer for failure of the latter to do so.
The Account Fee, Shipping Fees and any other related charges stated herein or incidental hereto, as well as the Terms and Conditions are subject to change upon the sole discretion of Aramex at any time whatsoever, and without prior notice to Customer. There will be no refunds for cancellation by the Customer of the Service. Aramex may also change the shipping frequency at any time without providing prior notice to the Customer.
Seeing how inefficient SnS is, specially wrt parcels from UK (they get updated 7-10 days after being delivered to my account !), this is the last time I'm gonna use SnS (as some of my parcels have supposedly reached their warehouse, but no updates). It's just getting worse and worse.

Time to open a dedicated thread with the first post having information about various services available that help us get stuff from USA to India. Also list down personal experiences in the thread (later posts). But the first post should have comprehensive information about the various services and their pros and cons.

And another **** up !

eXes1.jpg

Issues:

1) As you can see in the screenshot, custom duties have been levied even before the parcel has reached Mumbai !
2) On top of that, the value of the contents is 19.9GBP i.e. 1750 INR. Since these are blurays (aka movie DVDs in SnS lingo), taking customs as 30% (they are 28.852% to be exact), maximum customs can be 30% of 1750 i.e. 525 INR. This is Nth time I'll have to fight with SnS guys again for illegal customs.
3) The customs invoice provided in my account is https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvduoe1fw6k592a/DB9097285433.pdf , which is something you can make in Wordpad. Before we always used to get proper Mumbai/Delhi customs receipt (the official government one).
Adding 1, 2 and 3, I doubt I was even charged customs !
Lat shipment with SnS. I will either stick with apna Indian Post for low value shipments or comGateway for higher value ones.

- - - Updated - - -

So the customs document got updated in my account. Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wf7jpzf1tjapit/DDR%20490771.pdf
Mine is the 4th item, valued for 2605. This inspite of me sending the receipts TWICE to SnS and calling Hassan telling him I had sent the receipt (he acknowledged the same) and asking him for one of my missing shipments.

Hi
The customs assesed value calculation is common for all carriers, Not specific to aramex[
QUOTE=iamtheone;1745758]@shopandship

How many of my shipments were charged more even after me sending invoices on time and invoice being inside the shipment. Your team only has one answer " customs assessed the value" then why are you you there are a service provider? Your job also includes ensuring the shipments are clearead based on the invoices present in the shipment.

I have left shopandship. If you dont improve ur service you will loose many more like me who has given you more than 40 shipments.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Alekh
we are a multinational company and we do not engage in any illegal customs. any such activity and follow all standard procedures
It takes only one day from ,london to reach mumbai and has been cleared with right processes
the duty is always charged on the customs assessed value and not on the invoice value
the BILL of entry which is a legal doccument,from 983 it has been cancelled to 751 duty+broker fee
2605 is the assessed value and not the invoice value, if the value of 29 GBP was taken, your assessed value would have been 3100

QUOTE=alekhkhanna;1747604]And another **** up !

eXes1.jpg

Issues:

1) As you can see in the screenshot, custom duties have been levied even before the parcel has reached Mumbai !
2) On top of that, the value of the contents is 19.9GBP i.e. 1750 INR. Since these are blurays (aka movie DVDs in SnS lingo), taking customs as 30% (they are 28.852% to be exact), maximum customs can be 30% of 1750 i.e. 525 INR. This is Nth time I'll have to fight with SnS guys again for illegal customs.
3) The customs invoice provided in my account is https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvduoe1fw6k592a/DB9097285433.pdf , which is something you can make in Wordpad. Before we always used to get proper Mumbai/Delhi customs receipt (the official government one).
Adding 1, 2 and 3, I doubt I was even charged customs !
Lat shipment with SnS. I will either stick with apna Indian Post for low value shipments or comGateway for higher value ones.

- - - Updated - - -

So the customs document got updated in my account. Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wf7jpzf1tjapit/DDR 490771.pdf
Mine is the 4th item, valued for 2605. This inspite of me sending the receipts TWICE to SnS and calling Hassan telling him I had sent the receipt (he acknowledged the same) and asking him for one of my missing shipments.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
In case , you have sent the invoice on time before shipments land into india(within working hours) and aramex team misses to submit the invoice to customs,we will surely refund the excess to youQ
Please note: if the customs have reassessed the value, we wold not be able to assist in that case
Please advise the AWBs in which you have this issue. will have it checked

UOTE=iamtheone;1745758]@shopandship

I have left shopandship. If you dont improve ur service you will loose many more like me who has given you more than 40 shipments.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

the insurance is a benefit ectended to you at an extemely low price, which no other company provides
shopnshipindia
Before you were providing refund if the product was missing , why now this insurance stuff ?
I heard many people got refund when the phones were missing in the parcel , or parcel is completely lost .

Why now insurance ? You said its your responsibility to deliver the items when we joined the SNS years back ........

- - - Updated - - -

A kind clarification from the SNS team for all your duty related issues
if the invoices are sent by you during working hours before the shipment recahes india, and if the Aramex team misses to submit the invoice to the customs, we take the responsibility and will refund you the excess charge
This will not hold true if the customs reassess the shipment/considers the market price

Dear Alekh
we are a multinational company and we do not engage in any illegal customs. any such activity and follow all standard procedures
It takes only one day from ,london to reach mumbai and has been cleared with right processes
the duty is always charged on the customs assessed value and not on the invoice value
the BILL of entry which is a legal doccument,from 983 it has been cancelled to 751 duty+broker fee
2605 is the assessed value and not the invoice value, if the value of 29 GBP was taken, your assessed value would have been 3100

Hi
In case , you have sent the invoice on time before shipments land into india(within working hours) and aramex team misses to submit the invoice to customs,we will surely refund the excess to youQ
Please note: if the customs have reassessed the value, we wold not be able to assist in that case
Please advise the AWBs in which you have this issue. will have it checked
I sent the invoice the moment I was contacted by Aramex (Hassan).

EzjtD.jpg

Here is the attached email. Also at the 29GBP part, I suggest you either read the email AND the invoice I sent you or have a chat with Hassan on the telephonic conversation I had with him.
My TOTAL order was worth 29GBP, which was sent in 2 shipments, out of which ONLY 1 has been updated in my account. I'm assuming this is the one with higher value and had sent you the appropriate invoice i.e. the 19.9GBP one. So again, it's NOT WORTH 29GBP, it's only worth 19.9GBP if it's the bigger shipment (and worth 9.95GBP if it is the smaller one). I hope I mad myself clear enough. The customs assessed value is WRONG AND I'M NOT PAYING IT. KEEP THE ****ING SHIPMENTS IF YOU WANT !

@shopnshipindia:

Please, when you get time, can you reply to my 2 PMs, requesting quotes. I would really appreciate it, cause the device stocks are low; and I want to procure urgently.

@alekhkhanna: customs is a hit and miss scenario depending on assessing officers mood. sns or any other shipper cannot do anything about the same. You should blame the indian customs and their babus.

Last edited by a moderator:
@alekhkhanna: customs is a hit and miss scenario depending on assessing officers mood. sns or any other shipper cannot do anything about the same. You should blame the indian customs and their babus.
Then what's the use of providing a flat customs slab ? What is the use of sending invoices ?
4 other of my parcels, outside SnS, came through the same customs, i.e. Mumbai, with NO import fees. And they came at the same time as my other SnS shipments. Funny thing is they were of a higher value than what SnS was carrying (for me).

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ SnS duty is to collect the invoice from you and present it to the customs officials if the shipment is not carrying an invoice. That's where their responsibility stops. Then it is solely assessing officer's evaluation in coming up with the customs and they don't follow the guidelines strictly.
For your example you are just lucky in one and not in the other.
This is a risk you have to live with if you are importing into India.

alekhkhanna: customs is a hit and miss scenario depending on assessing officers mood. sns or any other shipper cannot do anything about the same. You should blame the indian customs and their babus.

Then how come other such services and ebay global easy buy have a final amount listed which includes customs as well ? They do have customs calculated already right and i am sure they don't ask you more than what they had quoted at the time of planing an order.

Then how come other such services and ebay global easy buy have a final amount listed which includes customs as well ? They do have customs calculated already right and i am sure they don't ask you more than what they had quoted at the time of planing an order.

They charge you the max customs amount possible, if duty isn't charged its their profit, your loss.

They charge you the max customs amount possible, if duty isn't charged its their profit, your loss.

Ok but it still leaves out the unpredictability. You can always assess the total cost of the product (incl shipping, customs etc) from a service which gives you a definite number to SNS by speculating what you might be charged customs and decide yourself which service you want to take.

If somebody "actually" pays the Customs duty uncertainty will be there. Try getting something shipped from Amazon USA to India. They'll charge you an amount called "import fees deposit" when you make the payment which will be the max amount regarding duty. If customs charges lower duty on the shipment Amazon refunds the difference to your account.

Most smaller courier companies actually don't pay customs duty. They just get the shipment cleared using false declarations or bribing the customs officials. Ebay global uses service of these smaller companies. Ask for a copy of customs duty receipt from ICCworld/Ishopinternational - they will be never able to provide one but SnS will provide you the copy of bill of entry where you can see how much value and duty SnS people put there and how much customs actually charged. In many cases you can see that customs had stricken down value written by SnS and put "fair market value" of the item on the invoice. Also, you can ask for the actual payment slip of the duty at the bank so that you can know that SnS actually did pay the duty to government.

You may actually buy a Galaxy S2 for 150 USD from USA. Even if your invoice mention the value of 150USD the customs people are free to assess the value as 500 USD (25000 Rs) which is the MRP of galaxy S2 in India.

Try using service of Fedex / DHL. They offer superfast delivery and to keep their delivery timeline they proactively pay duty. I never received a duty free shipment through DHL / Fedex. One of my free sample (actually free) costing 500 Rs max was charged Rs 700 by DHL (400 as duty and 300 as handling charge).

I'm not advocating for SnS. Like most users here I'm also super annoyed by the careless attitude of SnS and also their slow speed. But good things are to be pointed out.

PS: My work involves dealing with customs everyday. So, I know how people cheat to avoid duty.

^^ SnS duty is to collect the invoice from you and present it to the customs officials if the shipment is not carrying an invoice. That's where their responsibility stops. Then it is solely assessing officer's evaluation in coming up with the customs and they don't follow the guidelines strictly.
For your example you are just lucky in one and not in the other.
This is a risk you have to live with if you are importing into India.
I don't think it's just that. Having received some items via DHL from US, the customs charged are exactly what they should be, and always on invoice value. How come DHL avoids these "customs officers evaluation" ?

If somebody "actually" pays the Customs duty uncertainty will be there. Try getting something shipped from Amazon USA to India. They'll charge you an amount called "import fees deposit" when you make the payment which will be the max amount regarding duty. If customs charges lower duty on the shipment Amazon refunds the difference to your account.

Most smaller courier companies actually don't pay customs duty. They just get the shipment cleared using false declarations or bribing the customs officials. Ebay global uses service of these smaller companies. Ask for a copy of customs duty receipt from ICCworld/Ishopinternational - they will be never able to provide one but SnS will provide you the copy of bill of entry where you can see how much value and duty SnS people put there and how much customs actually charged. In many cases you can see that customs had stricken down value written by SnS and put "fair market value" of the item on the invoice. Also, you can ask for the actual payment slip of the duty at the bank so that you can know that SnS actually did pay the duty to government.

You may actually buy a Galaxy S2 for 150 USD from USA. Even if your invoice mention the value of 150USD the customs people are free to assess the value as 500 USD (25000 Rs) which is the MRP of galaxy S2 in India.

Try using service of Fedex / DHL. They offer superfast delivery and to keep their delivery timeline they proactively pay duty. I never received a duty free shipment through DHL / Fedex. One of my free sample (actually free) costing 500 Rs max was charged Rs 700 by DHL (400 as duty and 300 as handling charge).

I'm not advocating for SnS. Like most users here I'm also super annoyed by the careless attitude of SnS and also their slow speed. But good things are to be pointed out.

PS: My work involves dealing with customs everyday. So, I know how people cheat to avoid duty.
Interesting to hear. Thanks for sharing !
Since you deal with customs, I've a query. Whenever I've received ANY item via Delhi customs, invariably it has been duty free whereas it's totally opposite for Mumbai customs. Any particular reason for this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back