Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They`re trying to weasel their way out of compensating based on a technicality.

We started the protection service on the 4th Oct ( She claims, even though i got the e-mail from her only about last week )

We screwed up and lost your shipment between the 12th and the 16th.

You did not opt for the Insurance thing, so here have your $100, be grateful and sod off!

I would now personally prefer a service where i know what i am going to pay beforehand rather than waiting for email from SNS etc that customs is X and such. Not really interested in the unpredictability factor.

Just sent a mail to Percy Avari and Nita Kambli (CC to Anuradha) regarding this need there explanation for this........Anyone have there number specially Percy Avari.

I wouldn`t be surprised, if these crooks did this on purpose!

Start this protection service. Notice no one opting for the service.

Why don`t we just b*m f**k a few customers to make the rest opt for it, by claiming we lost your shipments. Wonder, if they really lost the shipments!

Then claim, sorry guys you missed the boat by about 10 days by not opting for protection. Tough luck!

Then send an e-mail. Sorry we screwed you, but we would like to make more money off you. So have this wonderful 10% coupon and be gracious for it!

I wouldn`t be surprised, if these crooks did this on purpose!

Start this protection service. Notice no one opting for the service.

Why don`t we just b*m f**k a few customers to make the rest opt for it, by claiming we lost your shipments. Wonder, if they really lost the shipments!

Then claim, sorry guys you missed the boat by about 10 days by not opting for protection. Tough luck!

Then send an e-mail. Sorry we screwed you, but we would like to make more money off you. So have this wonderful 10% coupon and be gracious for it!

Yeah looks the same to me....

Hello,
Please send us the AWB number. and we shall help you with the details for the same
regards
I am very disappointed with the shop and ship service. I ordered 2 sandisk sansa clip plus players and the total invoice was 60USD. it was charged 1000/- as tax. In the same invoice that custom did, for Iphone 4, 400/- tax, Nexus phone 600/- tax and other phone for some 400/- odd. They are all worth over 25k, and It was assessed at that rate.
I wonder how come a 3k value assessed good can go through 1000/- tax? I want you to please check the same.

Also why did you remove the online payment option?

- - - Updated - - -

it will be approximately 5535 INR
Customs for the new iPad ($499) ?

Hi ShopnShip!

I've similar issue of improper tax categorization leading to escalation of duties even after notifying you guys well in advance proper customs code applicable for the incoming material. I see that you guys only understand phones and not a true logistics company. I refer here two such similar recent cases that has happened with me :

Case-I : Airway Bill No. 9111691352
Item: Mini-PCI COMPEX WLM54G 23dBm 200mW (Mini-PCI wireless card)
1. 25-Oct-12: Notified Anuradha with the invoice of the purchase of a PCI wifi card and that it will hit my US account soon.
2. 25-Oct-12: Anuradha forwarded the mail to Hassan to take care and he asked me for AWB #
3. 25-Oct-12: I intimated Hassan (CC to Anuradha) that the material will fall under 16% (approx) duty structure with details as 85176100 (here) with description "Other apparatus for transmission or reception of voice, images or other data, including apparatus for communication in a wired or wireless network (such as a local or wide area network): Base stations"

4. 27-Oct-12: Package hit my account and I updated Anuradha & Hassan with AWB #.
5. 29-Oct-12: Hassant Sent me an Acknowledgment mail for receipt of AWB#

6. 29-Oct-12: I see in my account that the package marked as "ELECTRONICS"
I instantly wrote to Hassan intimating that the package has wrongly marked and may fall into higher duty bracket.
He wrote back same day saying that he has informed his import team.

7. 30-Oct-12: The package gets cleared by Customs under "ELECTRONICS" and around 30%+ duty category.
I intimated to Anuradha & Hassan & expressed my displeasure of no rectification even after keeping them updated from day 1.
Hassan writes back asking "What is the actual commodity in PCI??"
I do not understand what is his query about now when he was supposed to raise any queries earlier if not understood of the category or package.
Still I replied and referred previous mail where I had intimated them of proper category. I also told them that I'm not going to pay the extra duty for no fault of mine.

8. 31-Oct-12: Wrote to both Hassan & Anuradha couple of mails since morning today asking for updates, but no response.

SnS please note, I'm not going to pay a single penny extra, so you need to rectify you act before sending the delivery boy at by door steps asking me for the reimbursement. The actual duty should come around Rs 910 (approx) and not Rs 1558 as mentioned by you.

Case-II: Airway Bill No.9109525121
Item: Sports Resistance bands with instructions on DVD.
Month: Sep 2012.

Same communication happened, I intimated well in advance that a proper customs category should be 95069190 "Articles and equipment for general physical exercise, gymnastics or athletics: Other" with attracts 16% duty, but you guys had put it in DVD category with 30% duty. Later you waved that extra duty for me and took corrective steps on time, very unlike this time.

SnS, I fail to understand, why is that you guys cant take care of proper duty categorization specially when intimated in advance ?

EDIT: 01-11-2012 SnS has said they will rever back with updated duty by EOD.
EDIT: 02-11-2012 I refused to take the delivery of the shipment by paying incorrect duty yesterday evening and still await SnS to revert back on corrected duty.
Sent them another reminder mail today morning. Dont know why they attempted to deliver when I told them that I'll not accept the package
with absurd duty structure.
EDIT: 03-11-2012 Spoke to Anuradha on phone, she was extremely polite and accepted the technical glitch in their system of incorrect categorization. She has assured a favorable resolution by today or Monday.
EDIT: 03-11-2012 The issue has been closed & I've received the shipment. Thank you Anuradha for reviewing the duty and closing the issue. We need a mechanism so that the duty categorization at the source country happens properly in consultation with the buyer, I for one dont mind waiting couple of days more so that I pay proper duty rates.

got an iphone through sns. Invoice forwarded for customs was 385$. The value assessed was Rs. 30,000 and total customs was Rs. 730

Why was i charged for Rs. 30,000 when invoice clearly says 385$?

Kindly explain this.

HI!
Hope all is sorted now:)
Apolgies for this inconvenience[

Regards

QUOTE=vbhoj74;1741933]Hi ShopnShip!

I've similar issue of improper tax categorization leading to escalation of duties even after notifying you guys well in advance proper customs code applicable for the incoming material. I see that you guys only understand phones and not a true logistics company. I refer here two such similar recent cases that has happened with me :

Case-I : Airway Bill No. 9111691352
Item: Mini-PCI COMPEX WLM54G 23dBm 200mW (Mini-PCI wireless card)
1. 25-Oct-12: Notified Anuradha with the invoice of the purchase of a PCI wifi card and that it will hit my US account soon.
2. 25-Oct-12: Anuradha forwarded the mail to Hassan to take care and he asked me for AWB #
3. 25-Oct-12: I intimated Hassan (CC to Anuradha) that the material will fall under 16% (approx) duty structure with details as 85176100 (here) with description "Other apparatus for transmission or reception of voice, images or other data, including apparatus for communication in a wired or wireless network (such as a local or wide area network): Base stations"

4. 27-Oct-12: Package hit my account and I updated Anuradha & Hassan with AWB #.
5. 29-Oct-12: Hassant Sent me an Acknowledgment mail for receipt of AWB#

6. 29-Oct-12: I see in my account that the package marked as "ELECTRONICS"
I instantly wrote to Hassan intimating that the package has wrongly marked and may fall into higher duty bracket.
He wrote back same day saying that he has informed his import team.

7. 30-Oct-12: The package gets cleared by Customs under "ELECTRONICS" and around 30%+ duty category.
I intimated to Anuradha & Hassan & expressed my displeasure of no rectification even after keeping them updated from day 1.
Hassan writes back asking "What is the actual commodity in PCI??"
I do not understand what is his query about now when he was supposed to raise any queries earlier if not understood of the category or package.
Still I replied and referred previous mail where I had intimated them of proper category. I also told them that I'm not going to pay the extra duty for no fault of mine.

8. 31-Oct-12: Wrote to both Hassan & Anuradha couple of mails since morning today asking for updates, but no response.

SnS please note, I'm not going to pay a single penny extra, so you need to rectify you act before sending the delivery boy at by door steps asking me for the reimbursement. The actual duty should come around Rs 910 (approx) and not Rs 1558 as mentioned by you.

Case-II: Airway Bill No.9109525121
Item: Sports Resistance bands with instructions on DVD.
Month: Sep 2012.

Same communication happened, I intimated well in advance that a proper customs category should be 95069190 "Articles and equipment for general physical exercise, gymnastics or athletics: Other" with attracts 16% duty, but you guys had put it in DVD category with 30% duty. Later you waved that extra duty for me and took corrective steps on time, very unlike this time.

SnS, I fail to understand, why is that you guys cant take care of proper duty categorization specially when intimated in advance ?

EDIT: 01-11-2012 SnS has said they will rever back with updated duty by EOD.
EDIT: 02-11-2012 I refused to take the delivery of the shipment by paying incorrect duty yesterday evening and still await SnS to revert back on corrected duty.
Sent them another reminder mail today morning. Dont know why they attempted to deliver when I told them that I'll not accept the package
with absurd duty structure.
EDIT: 03-11-2012 Spoke to Anuradha on phone, she was extremely polite and accepted the technical glitch in their system of incorrect categorization. She has assured a favorable resolution by today or Monday.
EDIT: 03-11-2012 The issue has been closed & I've received the shipment. Thank you Anuradha for reviewing the duty and closing the issue. We need a mechanism so that the duty categorization at the source country happens properly in consultation with the buyer, I for one dont mind waiting couple of days more so that I pay proper duty rates. [/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

Mostly for mobiles the customs value it at the MRP
Please email us teh AWB number so that we can send you the Bill of entry for the same for further clarity

Regards
QUOTE=itzmydamnlyf;1743233]got an iphone through sns. Invoice forwarded for customs was 385$. The value assessed was Rs. 30,000 and total customs was Rs. 730

Why was i charged for Rs. 30,000 when invoice clearly says 385$?

Kindly explain this.[/QUOTE]

"Mostly for mobiles the customs value it at the MRP"

you mean to say, the invoice i send you for customs doesn't count? o_O

- - - Updated - - -

"Mostly for mobiles the customs value it at the MRP"

you mean to say, the invoice i send you for customs doesn't count? o_O

Stopped Using their Service since last 6 Months
Imported 150 packages Via Them All Pain in A$$,these guys are Horrible in terms of customer service and they always have issues with customs,you send a invoice or u dont hardly matters...
Import Stuff In $ Rate and Pay Customs in MRP Price lol ,where is this mentioned in the Custom Rules and regulation Books..
Imported a Infuse And paid 1500rs customs for a value of 250 $ and 616 Shipping that was last import and was out it...

You Guys really rock :lemmings:

^^^^ I totally agree with u.......Which company senior head confirms u that they will refund u the whole amount for the damaged/lost parcel and later they come up with things like you have not opted for the protection service so we are not gonna refund u the money, To add they assured that they will refund the 100$ 2 weeks back i am still waiting for that 100$.

shopnshipindia
Atleast reply to my and josejeya26 post here, Do u guys have anything to day about this, You guys are really going down the drain
lemmings.gif

100 $ refund is taking 2 weeks
How about if u had insured the package it might had taken 20 weeks for the refund,every thing goes on dead ears l
loosing a single Customer hardly matters to them as they have high scale Business in UAE Which the rely on and Milk tons of Money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back