Samsung's new phone..competition for ngage

IceFusion

Skilled
Mar 15, 2005
New Delhi
www.karanbajaj.in
Samsung showed the B5200 entertainment phone which has a 3 inch LCD screen!

It also features:
• QVGA 240×320x262K
• Special buttons for games and a motion sensor
• 2-megapixel camera
• MP3 player
• Bluetooth
• Ability to watch T-DMB programs and play 3D games

Lookin Good..:hap2:

Source :http://www.indiagsm.com

Blade_Runner

Skilled
Feb 12, 2005
www.techenclave.com
Bah another gaming fone. When are fone manufacturers going to realise that gaming is a platform, a coming together of software and hardware. If the software is scarce the fone is going to fail for sure. The first thing fone manufacturers should do is create a standard platform/api for this and then go about the rest of the things.

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
May 21, 2005
Chennai
honestly, competition for the ngage? nokia themselves deemed it a failure...so being a competitor is not saying much.

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
May 12, 2005
But ngage was atleast affordable by the masses, i don't think this one's gonna be.

Params7

Skilled
Mar 18, 2005
it isn't, did Ngage have a 2mp camera? :p

And i'll agree with Blade. Besides, the W900i has Nvidia GoForce chip putting it almost on the same level of Ngage and handhelds.

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
May 12, 2005
Blade_Runner said:
Bah another gaming fone. When are fone manufacturers going to realise that gaming is a platform, a coming together of software and hardware. If the software is scarce the fone is going to fail for sure. The first thing fone manufacturers should do is create a standard platform/api for this and then go about the rest of the things.

Ngage has got quite a lot of software for it, including some very big titles like Splinter cell, CMR 2005, tony hawk, cod, etc but the real prob IMO with it is the screen's too small to enjoy the games, maybe this one's can fix it with its big 3 inch screen.

Blade_Runner

Skilled
Feb 12, 2005
www.techenclave.com
Hitman said:
Ngage has got quite a lot of software for it, including some very big titles like Splinter cell, CMR 2005, tony hawk, cod, etc but the real prob IMO with it is the screen's too small to enjoy the games, maybe this one's can fix it with its big 3 inch screen.
Yeah i know. But thats why the post. What i meant was that manufacturers should stick to one platform for e.g. Mophun, Symbian and create games around it. The fones can be differentiated by other factors such as features and faster hardware.