Samsung Wave S8500 India release

escaflowne said:
What is this icon (Top-left corner)

This icon comes when you have set any email account with Active Sync (Exchange Server) may be gmail.... This shows that push mail is enabled....
Normally its in 2 colours when sync is on then its red and when idle its blue... not sure why your is in this colour....

For RECOVERY MODE

1. remove sim, memory card

2. try recovering from Kies as per instructions

hope this helps :)

If u face this then u can basically go on and try other firmwares coz u need to do same steps with Multiloader :)

PS : Reports are that with Bada v1.0.2 there are minor issues of lag with pinch zooming in high quality pictures ... someone confirm this ?? And importantly, Bada v1.0.2 has almost no lag/stuttering with long lists like in music players/contacts :)

^^ remove both sim and memory card, then boot into recovery mode on the phone, i.e. press vol -, camera and power on .. the red green mode :) ... now launch kies, and click on firmware upgrade ... it should say "recovery required" .. press recover, and next next next ... it shud reflash with the latest downloaded firmware ...

download kies from samsung website. The version that came on the cd did not work for me and also did not update to the latest version.

but after downloading the 150meg kies setup from samsung's site and installing it manually everything seems to be working ok now

Twice i got error in upgrade stage of firmare installation i think there is some prob wit samsung server . wil try tomorow

deathvirus_me said:
^^ remove both sim and memory card, then boot into recovery mode on the phone, i.e. press vol -, camera and power on .. the red green mode :) ... now launch kies, and click on firmware upgrade ... it should say "recovery required" .. press recover, and next next next ... it shud reflash with the latest downloaded firmware ...
Yes I did exactly that. The problem is Kies is not detecting Wave ...keeps on saying, 'connecting please wait'. I have the latest Kies from their website.

^^ dont wait for device to connect .. just plug in phone after u put it to recovery mode .. kies will not detect the phone if its in the red-green mode ... then simply launch firmware upgrade tool and it shud detect recovery ... then simply press next ...

Kies is recognizing my phone but when I click on Samsung Apps in the kies I get this strange message "This mobile phone is not supported by samsung apps"

and I am not able to install any new apps. Is anyone facing same issue?

Also while upgrading it shows new firmware is available in the pop-up but when I click on it shows message as "The device does not support Firmware Upgrade"

Is any one facing this issue?

deathvirus_me said:
^^ dont wait for device to connect .. just plug in phone after u put it to recovery mode .. kies will not detect the phone if its in the red-green mode ... then simply launch firmware upgrade tool and it shud detect recovery ... then simply press next ...
When I do that it was saying 'no device connected'. Nevermind I went to service center and they loaded a Korean JG1 version(What a service!!!). Now my samsung apps wont work as it is set for India and the firmware is Korean. Now will load the Indian JH1 using Kies again. Hoping that nothing goes wrong again.

^^ works fine here :) ... i think u're problem must be network specific !!@!@

Also, i haven't faced problems with this phone till date, except stuttering with long lists :p ... i made sure the screen stayed at 5/10, and their was a proper gprs access .. on Airtel is the 99 plan :) ...no issues with facebook,twitter sync ... no issues with any apps .. no issues with wcg thru asphalt :) ...

Activation for Route66 navigation is not happening. When I to navigate it asks for activation and then asks me to buy the licence and enter the voucher code. I thought 30 days free navigation was enabled with every Wave. Anybody who has managed to activate navigation here?

Back