Samsung Wave S8500 India release

quixand

Skilled
Mar 9, 2011
Goto badaforums.net most of the firmware related problems have solutions/workarounds there.

If still Kies is not working for you then flash your wave with your region's FW. Less pain more gain. Kies is utter rubbish.

sandy453

Adept
Nov 21, 2006
scudmissile007 said:
Guys,PLZ help me to upgrade my wave's firmware to bada1.2 or 2.0.Couldn't upgrade through kies its saying "this device's version cannot be upgraded".My current firmware is S8500DDJH1/S8500ODDJH1.
Read this.

http://www.samsungwaveforum.com/samsung-wave-troubleshooting/attention-indians-'this-version-of-device-can-not-be-updated'-solved/

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pranaywhiz said:
Guys please help! Unable to update on Windows 7 64 and 32 bit. "FirmwareUpgrade has stopped working" message. Uninstalled the antivirus, uninstalled, cleaned up and reinstalled and updated kies several times. Restarted the phone and PC several times but still same problem:mad:. Please help me, somebody, before I die!

Try posting your query in the samsungwave forums. In worst case scenario, get it done from samsung service centre

datta.ca

Disciple
Jul 28, 2009
Hi guys,

I am not able to update the firmware to 1.2 as the firmware update button is grey out in the kies.

Anyone facing this issue? If yes, pls guide to solution.

Thanks,

Datta

panzer008

Disciple
Nov 28, 2008
panzer008 said:
I upgraded Samsung Kies to latest ver........ now when Kies starts it gives "KiesPDLR stopped working"......... when I right click the phone in Kies it show firmware upgrade disabled....... wtf is wrong with Kies....

Anyone getting this error?????........ am on Win 7 x64 fully updated
Just reinstalled latest Kies and worked perfectly on Win 7 x64...... updated Wave to Bada 1.2 without any hassles.....

datta.ca said:
Hi guys,

I am not able to update the firmware to 1.2 as the firmware update button is grey out in the kies.

Anyone facing this issue? If yes, pls guide to solution.

Thanks,

Datta
Just download and reinstall the latest Kies....... tht worked for me.....

U should also be getting the error "KiesPDLR stopped working"....... tht greys out upgrade feature frm Kies....... just reinstall and all will be fine

tommy_vercetti

Skilled
Apr 20, 2006
Mumbai/Bangalore
www.boricha.org
pranaywhiz said:
Guys please help! Unable to update on Windows 7 64 and 32 bit. "FirmwareUpgrade has stopped working" message. Uninstalled the antivirus, uninstalled, cleaned up and reinstalled and updated kies several times. Restarted the phone and PC several times but still same problem:mad:. Please help me, somebody, before I die!
Were you able to fix this, facing the same problem

artikle

Unknown Member
ex-Mod
Jun 25, 2010
tommy_vercetti said:
Were you able to fix this, facing the same problem

I was able to update through Windows 7 32 bit installed on my laptop only while internet is supplied via Wifi. It didnt work when the connection was wired. It was completely random. But Im happy that atleast that worked. :) And good luck with your update. :)

artikle

Unknown Member
ex-Mod
Jun 25, 2010
^ While on a call press the center button which takes you to the menu and from there you can select the messages option. If you want to return to your call, Pull down the notification bar and you can select it from there.

V!bU

Bang Bang Bang!!!
Adept
Nov 12, 2010
Bangalore
For guys those who cant able to update to newer version of Bada please do a Manual Flashing and its too easy, here's the link (News - www.SamFirmware.com) and Please do follow the steps,

Samsung S8500 Flashguide.
How to flash the Samsung S8500 Wave.

Note: When you don't have Boot and Factory files use only your region firmwares!

Tutorial:
1 - Phone, USB Cable, Firmware and Multiloader.
2 - Take out the Firmware and Install Multiloader.
3 - Open Multiloader. Select LSI6410 and check Full Download.
4 - Load Multiloader.
5 - Select Boot and go to the file. (When you don't have Boot files leave this blanc.)
6 - Select Amss and go to the file. (When you don't have Amss files leave this blanc.)
7 - Select Rsrc1 and go to the file.
8 - Select Rsrc2 and go to the file. (Select Always LOW)
9 - Select Factory FS and go to the file. (When you don't have Factory files leave this blanc.)
10 - Select CSC and go to the file.
11 - Select SHP APP and go to the file.
12 - Select FOTA and go to the file. (When you don't have FOTA files leave this blanc.)
13 - Select PFS and go to the file.
14 - Get now your phone and cable. (Leave out Simcard and MicroSD)
15 - Now put battery back in and hold: Volume Down - Camera - Power.
16 - Now your phone will say DOWNLOAD.
17 - Take now your USB cable and plug him in your PC and Mobile.
18 - Wait a couple of minutes. (PC need to fix the drivers)
19 - Now Multiloader will find your Phone click on port search for the safety.
20 - Now click on download. (DO NOTHING YOURE PHONE WILL BOOT AFTER FLASH!)

Finally its done will take around 5 minutes to the MAX :clap:

And while flashing please do use all the files (Totally Seven Flashing Files will be provided which changes according to the region) with the MultiLoader to do a clean Flash :)

tommy_vercetti

Skilled
Apr 20, 2006
Mumbai/Bangalore
www.boricha.org
Vibu said:
For guys those who cant able to update to newer version of Bada please do a Manual Flashing and its too easy, here's the link (News - www.SamFirmware.com) and Please do follow the steps,

[/COLOR]And while flashing please do use all the files (Totally Seven Flashing Files will be provided which changes according to the region) with the MultiLoader to do a clean Flash :)

I did the same thing, worked perfectly fine, seemed a little bit risky but all's well that ends well, GPS is better now, overall a recommended update

V!bU

Bang Bang Bang!!!
Adept
Nov 12, 2010
Bangalore
@Tommy_vercetti: Cool Man and also Standby time will be slightly higher :)

@All: New Samsung Kies version has been released 2.0.0.11044_11

eggman

Adept
Dec 4, 2007
Every day I log into the Samsung App and all i see is themes. New themes. Themes Themes Themes.

I'm f'in tired of it.

The only saving grace are the Gameloft Games. (They are awesome).

Guys download Spiderman :Total mayhem if you haven't already.

It's worth every single penny.

I am willing to pay for good apps and Games, but atleast provide us with some.

Such a great hardware, not a bad OS...but all these is going down because there are no applications to utilize it :(