Samsung Wave S8500 India release

yogi7272

Adept
Aug 2, 2006
@sujithbvm - 1) - Still no smiles in messaging application :'(

2) Never had this "page is too large to open" error. Which site you'r trying to open ? :cool1:

yogi7272

Adept
Aug 2, 2006
@soumalidon- messaging is very fast. No lag at all. 720p video still has the same low compression, with 1 minute of video consuming 88mb. Trying to find out if there is any improvement in still image capture :crazeyes:

kcube

Disciple
Apr 9, 2010
vajm1234 said:
@kcube -- can u please show us a video for the 3rd issue there or explain a lil bit more ("there is no scrolling of the filenames.....")

i hate bugs like these DAMM!
I'm posting these images for u to understand what I meant.
2m80d94.jpg

ms0m0l.jpg

20tkp3n.jpg

Apart from this, I would like to have Swype input method for bada, a automatic call recording without beep & lifetime free navigation app with voice guidance.

Love to have message storage directly on memory card, increasing capacity of text messages (from the default 1300) & an backup/restore application to save the messages in text or html format.

yogi7272

Adept
Aug 2, 2006
Good news for all you guys ( bad for me ) - Samsung is coming with DDJH2 firmware update in a week's time. Now I dont have full indian firmware and cant come back to official indian one. Lets see if I can find some way to do that.

HoliC

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
HEy..

I didnt get to 'first full charge' my fone yesterday.. damn had an 18 hour power cut...

But one good thing was my fone was on standby for 12 hrs.. and the battery stayed same at 41% even after 12 hrs.. its good right..

Now 2 hrs a ago i started charging it and it showed 30% after a day of minimal usage..

Ok now for how long should i charge it.. till it shows battery full or just keep it on for 6 -7 hours even if the battery is full ???

L33TWiZaRd

Disciple
May 24, 2009
Till full charge bro, the battery is fine as long as for the first half dozen times or so you charge and discharge the phone completely.

I'm getting 2+ days of battery backup.... :D (Music/lots of sms'ing, some gaming and more music.....and a few calls of short duration too)

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
^^ Dhanan ..there is no way to make them small but i noticed one thing that the new widgets which are made now are far smaller in size..

I think samsung took care of that problem

escaflowne

Adept
Jan 28, 2006
sujithbvm said:
^^ Dhanan ..there is no way to make them small but i noticed one thing that the new widgets which are made now are far smaller in size..

I think samsung took care of that problem
Who told you that that widgets size cannot be reduced.Open the widgets in winrar.replace the png files with the size you want.don't go for very small size choose a medium one say 72X72 and edit the size in xml and html files.Now you have a size reduced widget.:)

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
@escaflowne

Can we reduce the size of the pre installed widgets which came along with the wave...?

I was talking about widgets like Daily briefing and all whose size covers the full screen of the wave...