Samsung Wave S8500 India release

L33TWiZaRd

Disciple
May 24, 2009
It's upto you. Pretty sure both way works. What is important are the no. of initial complete discharge/recharge cycles you go through.

vajm1234

Disciple
Aug 9, 2006
kcube said:
anyone tried the tv out function?

i badly want to edit my office files on wave.

also wonder why large pdf (53 MB) cannot be opened.

also there is no scrolling of the filenames if they go out of the screen (it should be smooth pixel scroll & not letter scroll)

these small issues needs to be ironed out. then only little by little the os will get refined & polished.

hope it is done in the next release.
guys bumping the ques please let us know if such issue exists

@kcube -- can u please show us a video for the 3rd issue there or explain a lil bit more ("there is no scrolling of the filenames.....")

i hate bugs like these DAMM!

EDIT: 1) is there an alternative for the full office reader to editor in wave

2) can we choose 7 different wallpapers for 7 screens out there

i badly wanted the samsung galaxy s for the live wallpaper and the android os but wave has the camera LED + tv out which makes me thinking and there is a straight 10K difference

plus i must admit apple iphone4 has the best construction undoubtedly it feels expensive + its pixel density somehow noticeably good which make the screen sharp, very sharp not to mention the camera.

sg3707

Adept
Nov 19, 2009
How is the sound quality of the player in wave. Is it as loud as Nokia N91.
Asking because bought Samsung P3 quality is good but the max volume is not loud enough outdoors.

HoliC

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
Got the metallic black wave today... 17.8k .... stocks seem very limited.. had to go to 3 -4 diffrent shops.. all were outta stock..

anyways i got the July manufactured piece.. ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hey guys..

How do i change the message storage to Mem card ???

And also how to transfer contacts from my n73 to wave ???

HoliC

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
^^ dude there is no option to change the Storage of text messages to mem card..

All i could find was only to phone mem.. which has 1300 limit..

How do i go about this issue ??

kcube

Disciple
Apr 9, 2010
^ when u r in 'messages' press the 3 dots at the bottom - select 'backup text messages' - select 'phone to memory card'. This will save the messages to the root of memory card in .vmg format. 1 message is saved in 1 file. these can be read in the phone. also we can restore any of the messages back to the inbox.

yes but the limitation for text messages for all (inbox, sent, outbox, etc) is 1300. that cant be changed. nor can the default memory for messages be changed to memory card.

HoliC

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
One more query..

I transferred wallpapers and mp3 songs from my pc to mem card of wave..

Then when i set one of them as the wallpaper and ringtone of wave.. a duplicate copy of the file is made in the fone memory.. ???

What can be done for this..

Also - How do i exit from the apps.. i cudnt find any option to exit... everytime i have to hold on to the menu key and then end all apps from there..

Did you guys get a leather pouch with the fone ??

Thnks.

L33TWiZaRd

Disciple
May 24, 2009
Just hit the end call button to exit an open app.

How have you guys protecting your wave? I'm yet to find a cover or a shell for it :(

soumalidon

Adept
Dec 18, 2007
^^ im jus using the cover it came wit along with a screen guard and yes the phone creates a copy of the wallpaper in phone memory if the image is frm the mem card. No way to stop that.

HoliC

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
Im just waiting for gadgetshieldz to come with a full body cover... really cant afford the zagg ones..

BTW - can anyone tell me some good apps...

also i installed the battery check app .. and its showing 55% with 140 hrs standby.. i havent charged the fone yet ... so it seems i got a decent battery right ???

Should i wait for the battery to discharge completely before i charge it fully for the first time ??? or should i just charge it overnight irrespective of the charge remaining/.. ??

soumalidon

Adept
Dec 18, 2007
the battery check app is not very accurate, dont rely on that. Use the inbuilt battery check (Settings>About phone>System info>Battery) . You can charge the phone now without waiting for it to discharge.

HoliC

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
kanishk619 said:
I called T-Mobile today complaining about the poor battery life on the Wave. I was told that the Wave is operating in the wrong mode which is what is making the battery drain down so fast. Mine was just about lasting 36 hours!

Anyway, was told to key in *#8740# when you do this you will see a message saying something like "AP UART mode enabled" if you key in the code again this will toggle the phone into "CP UART" mode. You should be in AP mode to extend battery life. Just key in the code again till the phone says "AP UART mode enabled"

I've only just tried this today so its too soon to comment on battery life but I thought I would share with everyone.
My fone was already on the AP-UART mode..

Reading elsewhere i found that the difference between the two is of quality..

Cp mode provides Hi def quality to the screen and fast internet

and Ap mode gives low def and slower internet..

can anyone confirm this ????

Another thing..

My fone already on the DDJF2 firmware.. and it says no firmware update available on kies..

WHat is the latest firmware version and do i need to upgrade to it.. ???

yogi7272

Adept
Aug 2, 2006
Guys, can you pls post what issues you are facing with particular firmware version so that I can check whether those are sorted out in XXJH1 version or not ?

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
@yogi7272

1 ) I know it is silly but are there smileys in the messaging,,,?

2) And does the same error come in the internet browsing telling that the page is too large to open?