Samsung P2350 23" Full HD Monitor

Hey guys, this is my first review ever, so pardon my mistakes if any!

Well, I was in a lot of dilemma as to which monitor would suit my budget of 12k best. The confusion initially was between the Dell 2209W, Benq G2412HD, Samsung 2233SW and the Dell 2409. I'd been to a couple of stores to check out the Dell and Samsung. Wasn't really blown away by either of the monitors considering I was upgrading from a 19" Viewsonic VA 1912WB. Then saw that Samsung had released a new series of monitors - so called Lavender series. Saw a few images online and the Specs were pretty impressive too. So i decided to take the risk as no proper reviews were available online.

Here are the images of the packaging. The accessories included were only a VGA Cable, Power Cable, Manual and the Driver discs.

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

[BREAK=Controls & Specifications]

Here are the impressive specs of the monitor, have copied it from the Samsung Website:

Specs.jpg

The monitor controls are done not by ordinary buttons, but feather touch buttons. The button LEDs light up on the slightest touch. The LEDs also switch off automatically after a few seconds. Brightness of the LED can be adjusted too. They need a little getting used to, coz finding the right point can be tricky at the start. The exterior panel is glossy with ToC(Touch of Color) finish as can be seen in the images.

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

[BREAK=Images and Video]

Here is how the monitor looks in real with HD Wallpapers. It is great to say the least, especially at the given price point. Color reproduction is pretty accurate and the viewing angles are not too bad either. The vertical viewing angles aren't all that great just like the other monitors in the same price range. HD content is a treat to watch. Plain text is also very crisp and causes no strain on the eye.
Let the pics do the talking!

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Here's how good the side viewing angle is:
IMG_0425.jpg

And recorded a small video of the GI Joe Trailer. Recording quality of the Canon S5IS is very mediocre, but u can still see how crisp and vibrant the video looks. (Please try and view the HQ version).
YouTube - GI Joe Trailer(PART)

[BREAK=Final Verdict]

If you're on a tight budget and cannot afford an IPS panel monitor, you're next best bet would be the Samsung Lavender series monitor. The total price I paid for it was Rs. 11,900 inclusive of tax in Bangalore.

PROS:
1) Very high Dynamic Contrast.
2) Fast 2ms response time is great for gaming and fast moving images to avoid ghosting.
3) Can differentiate between all degrees of blacks. Not so with the degrees of white. Have to turn down contrast and it gets better!
4) More features compared to any other monitor at the same price range.
5) Amber color blended into Samsung’s piano black bezel frame gives it a classy look. (Just like their HDTVs )

CONS:
1) Slight backlight bleed on the top and bottom edges.
2) Magic Color has a variable result, making certain videos look good and the other not so good :p
3) No DVI Cable Included.
4) Lacking HDMI Input.
I would certainly recommend anyone to buy this monitor as it adds class n quality to your desktop without much compromise in performance! As far as the After Sales Service is concerned, Samsung is great without doubt. From what I could comprehend after reviewing all the monitors, the Samsung Lavender Series would beat the 2233SW, Dell 2209W and the BenQ variants with ease.
P.S: Pictures taken with a Canon S5IS

sathyanaidu said:
m4n4v, only we Indians are not getting FullHD, please stay away from Samsung monitors :|

i know......after my "past experiences" i try to keep away from samsung monitors :)

Well now am clear about the HD part :).....but why no HDMI ports in these Samsung monitors, unless its a cost cutting technique.

yes cost cutting and also there is no diff in image quality between HDMI and DVI, HDMI jus has an audio channel. Since its a monitor not a TV most people would connect to a PC and well people have sound cards etc for sound anyway so it makes no diff that a HDMI input is missing. :)

one of the main reasons why im buying this is because i want it to double as a monitor for my pc as well as my xbox 360 console. So do you think i could run my console on this if i used a DVI to HDMI converter(if something like that exists), would there be any loss in quality if i connect it like this, or any compatibility issues ? Any other Full HD monitor options out there that you would recommend ?

Thanks.

hello guys..

I'm going to buy a monitor in 2-3 days...nd i'm getting

> Samsung 2233sw @ 8.7K
> Samsung p2350 @ 10.7k

I am a little confused. what do you think will be a better and wise choice...?

thanks

So.. the hunt has finally been ended guys, with my new purchase of the "SAMSUNG P2350".
The 23", matte screen, classic black monitor. With touch sensitive buttons.. and a sheen sleek body..
apart from the design and built, the monitor has a 2ms respomse time and 50,000:1 contrast ratio as stated by the company. the picture quality and the screen size is briliant (almost to drool over). For me a person who used to have a SAMSUNG 17" monitor, this purchase is the best. Hava a look at the pictures for some visual impact..

60743757.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

11798763.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

48469869.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

51656833.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

28022932.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

47468491.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

68442325.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

82504308.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

So.. the hunt has finally been ended guys, with my new purchase of the "SAMSUNG P2350".
The 23", matte screen, classic black monitor. With touch sensitive buttons.. and a sheen sleek body..
apart from the design and built, the monitor has a 2ms respomse time and 50,000:1 contrast ratio as stated by the company. the picture quality and the screen size is briliant (almost to drool over). For me a person who used to have a SAMSUNG 17" monitor, this purchase is the best. Hava a look at the pictures for some visual impact..

60743757.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

11798763.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

48469869.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

51656833.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

28022932.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

47468491.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

68442325.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

82504308.jpg

Shot at 2010-03-08

Thank You guys for all your suggestion... You are great ppl out there to help...

:hap2:

Bluffmaster said:
Is the Samsung 2450 available in India?

No....If it is available or any 24" from samsung I will be first buyer.

Samsung please release one 24" monitor for india...if you get free time after gigantic lakh rupees LED TV.

And please also put a HDMI out,coz in my place anything not include in the box is not easily available...in this case DVI-to-HDMI converter...and any 24" takers can easily bear the extra bucks for such nice option/convenience.

Samsung India....Am I asking too much ?

@kartikkapo congrats for your new acquisition ....and your desktop looks cool & giant in 3rd pic...do u using MS Basic 1.0A kbd ?

Back