Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had updated my S3 to official Indian 4.1.1 through ODIN. I was facing occasion lag but it was very much usable.

Today, I got an OTA update of 45.93MB. Installed it. Hope it will take care of issues.

eb7xpi.png

I had updated my S3 to official Indian 4.1.1 through ODIN. I was facing occasion lag but it was very much usable.

Today, I got an OTA update of 45.93MB. Installed it. Hope it will take care of issues.

eb7xpi.png

Kies not working for update ?

Planning to upgrade tonight.

I tried to update my phone through OTA, but got the 'No update available' message.
But since today I am getting this :
SWUptd.jpg

I think the update will be available soon :bigok:
This has happened to me in previous occasions as well.

I tried to update my phone through OTA, but got the 'No update available' message.

I am seeing this too.
Lets see when it arrives.

If you are 4.0.4, and you are not getting OTA, that sounds logical.

4.0.4 user are already on a stable, trouble free ROM.

Samsung released a firmware 4.1.1 earlier which had some flaws. They suspended distribution. So, the top priority for Samsung was to release a minor update to those who had this problematic 4.1.1 software.

Existing 4.0.4 user should get the trouble free JB 4.1.1 in a couple of days. :)

Booked Samsung S3 Pebble Blue for Rs.29,995 @ homeshop18 under Superdeal offer!

Finally switched after 3 year long usage of Nokia 5800 xpressmusic :)

Guys, suggest any sturdy case as I have a *good* history of dropping phones!

Want to order s3 through Timtara, is Timtara reliable site?

Folks,

I am planning to jump on s3 bandwagon. Rs29900. I heard they delay the delivery like anything. What is the feedback of the forum members here? Can you please let me know?

Thank You

Sunder

is anyone running custom rom? Apparently most of the roms are unstable especially CM10 thanks to Samsung not releasing all the information for Exynos processor which is affecting the performance big time. Can anyone who is using a custom share give a feedback on how well the rom is performing especially camera? The only reason I'm asking is because this is the only thing which is bothering me from picking a Galaxy S3 :/

I updated last night and here in office hence not much to report.

Notification has become better. More details in the Email notifications at the cost of being long.

UI has become more beautiful. Effects and all have been added. Gives the fell of a premium phone.

The more I use the phone the snappier it is becoming. JB was initially a little laggy but more you use more its becoming stable.

Some stock apps have become better.

I updated using Kies so no Idea about the size but it was a big one. There was no loss of data.

Booked Samsung S3 Pebble Blue for Rs.29,995 @ homeshop18 under Superdeal offer!

Finally switched after 3 year long usage of Nokia 5800 xpressmusic :)

Guys, suggest any sturdy case as I have a *good* history of dropping phones!

Nice pricing.... the best is musubo case as it is dual layer..... comes also with screen protector and video stand which is really good for the price.... the video stand is sturdy.... it is sold in all samsung showrooms.... i got it for free while purchasing s3, the cost is around 1300 rs and is definitely worth it....

Can be purchased at flipkart also - Musubo MU S3 Retro Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 | Cases Covers | Flipkart.com

i have installed comics app in my samsung galaxy s3, when i try to download a comic book of 55 pages , its saying "wi-fi -only downloads mode is enabled,you can change this opetion in settings menu." plz help me how to change this setting to download using 2g, or 3g connection as i dont have wi-fi.
plz give detailed step by step process bcoz this is my first foray into android after using symbian for years....................................................
plz help me friends............................................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back