Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many updates rolling out but no signs for India yet. Not to sound critic but even Pakistan and Afghanistan got their update almost a week ago. We are a big market, wonder why the fact is ignored. :annoyed:

But no worries now. I am Sotmax, rooted with some mods for productivity; good battery life. And the best part - everything is Official. So if (God forbid) anything happens, there should be no issue of warranty.

Got 4.1.2 today OTA, did anyone else get it ?

Multiwindow is pretty nifty, with it supported all apps out of the box

I am seeing "Access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. try it later."
Hope to see mine soon. :)

Sold my s3
I came from s2 to 4s then s3 but what I felt s3 was not at all the powerhouse I expected
It was slow
Now got note2 and that is fast. ..
2gb ran really makes a lot of difference and battery is super

So all in all disappointed s3 owner moving to note 2 community

Got 4.1.2 today OTA, did anyone else get it ?

Multiwindow is pretty nifty, with it supported all apps out of the box
Already on 4.1.2 for a very long time now. Custom ROM ofcourse. Trying Dual boot (Siyah Kernel) with secondary ROM being CM10.1 (4.2.1)
Working exceptionally well.

LOL ayaskant , 2 friends brothers just bought phones, S3 and note 2 , first impression was wow how big the S3 is ..... then when i saw note 2 i thought wow this isnt as big as I thought it would be. It was just preconcieved notion on my part I guess reading forum and hearing ppl talk. Both phones are about the same size if you could live with one you could live with the other :D

Imo Note 2 > S3 and not by any small margin. My advice to people spending this kind of money is get note 2 , 2GB ram 3100 mah battery cant beat that. Or wait for new phones with better specs and 2gb ram but dont buy S3 :p (Speed wise and browsing and all that both came across the same but the wifi on which i used is .75 mb line, maybe the touch on the note is a tad smoother)

With no live wallpaper all power saving options on, browsing on wifi, no gaming my friend can use the note 2 for 3 days on a single charge easy. Wish I could afford Note 2 :p

Not about touch bro
The s3 struggles in multitasking
Is crippled due to touchwiz eating up all the ram
Free ram is mostly 100mb after opening 2-3apps
Note 2 is a champ there

And about smoothness , you can't judge without installing a lot of apps
And battery backup is phenomenal, haven't used razr maxx but this is too good to be true

received my OTA update.
Well, I kinda liked customizable notification bar.
multi window, though looks great, not much of my use.
Gallery makeover seems nice.

rest, I need to see more.

is there any Panorama App in Android like Photosynth in WP ?
The panorama created by Photosynth is really awesome as it stiches from 360° horizontal & 360° vertical - capturing entire room (say) in one photo.

Guys, before the 4.1.2 update the total ram used to show as 768mb, now post update (4.1.2) it shows as 832mb, does the total available ram vary based on usage upto 1GB?

Dark Holo Cards Launcher mod looks sweet, just done with its setup... Have a look :) ...

Screenshot_2013-02-05-19-03-38.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-19-03-43.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-19-03-51.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-19-03-59.jpgScreenshot_2013-02-05-19-04-07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back