Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better body pls! A mans phones gotta be street smart too!

Dont need a Kevlar, make it a spillproof unibody. Guess I have to keep dreaming for that to happen.

I read this opinion somewhere and agree with it.

Why doesn't Samsung reveal the specs early and stops people from buying HTC one x?

Probably because this release might have some gimmicky feature, or worse not that huge of an upgrade.

The Nexus S definitely wasn't a huge upgrade was it?

Very skeptical.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I read this opinion somewhere and agree with it.

Why doesn't Samsung reveal the specs early and stops people from buying HTC one x?

Probably because this release might have some gimmicky feature, or worse not that huge of an upgrade.

The Nexus S definitely wasn't a huge upgrade was it?

Very skeptical.

There was talk of Samsung wanting the announcement and launch as close as possible, like Apple does. Also their Note and S2 are still doing really well, so they might not want to reveal the specs and spoil their sales until the launch of the device.

Even if the rumored specs don't seem to be anything ground breaking, the 32nm Exynos quad (which is rumored) could still be more efficient than Tegra3 and also S3 is rumored to have a better 2050mah battery. All this could make it a little better than One X, as right now the biggest complaint of One X is indeed the battery life.

GT- i9300 tops the GLBenchmark scores for handsets, guys check where is HTC One X.
<

728f36d6-a456-81de.jpg

This is going to be a worthy upgrade if its true.

#[member='cooleagle'] I have lost faith in these benchmarks. Lots of these test are made by the people who make the processors. Some of the tests favour some processors over the others. These tests do not give us a clear picture now do they ??

#[member='cooleagle'] I have lost faith in these benchmarks. Lots of these test are made by the people who make the processors. Some of the tests favour some processors over the others. These tests do not give us a clear picture now do they ??

TBH none of the current benchmarks give any clear idea on what will be the real world performance of any handset.

The manufacturer can optimize their processor to give high scores on certain benchmark but it'll very difficult for them to optimize their processor/handset for all the available benchmarks. If they do optimize their product for all the ones available by any chance it'll be Green flag to develop new benchmarks/improve older ones which is always needed to keep them current.

But we can surely take it as another tool to test the handsets which gives us another data point, also by using all available benchmarks to test the handsets we can reduce the chances of getting some manufacturer optimized scores.

But we shouldn't defacto take the scores as the ultimate performance indicator of any handset.
<

So I am just posting all the benchmarks we can gather from different sources to get a little idea about the upcoming device, hope you understand.
<

#[member='cooleagle'] I think we both are on the same page here and its mostly a hit miss of what one expects from a phone.

And as you said one must not take these performance numbers all serious and base their buying decisions on them.

Yeah,sammy are playing to the crowd really.They mostly know that their audience prefer high benches and they wanna beef the specs for that.Dual core was more than enough to be honest.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

An A15 based Exynos 5250 would have been great!

That chipset will launch first on tablets but an A9 based quad core handset is enough as of now because only games/video playback can utilize its full power, for other apps a dual core should be more than enough.
happy19.gif

to hell with the specs, none of the inbuilt apps will be able to use it, including the OS, just give us a better battery tech, it has been ages since that was changed.

to hell with the specs, none of the inbuilt apps will be able to use it, including the OS, just give us a better battery tech, it has been ages since that was changed.

Seconded. Its high time we get better battery lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back