Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
Apr 29, 2010
There is a fat lady clearing her throat at HTC right now.

ps- giving the media a preview before the live event is as dumb a move as i have seen for such a hyped up event

GLEN

Disciple
Dec 27, 2009
Mumbai
the phone turned out to be a big disappointment !!!

i expected a better build quality. plastic for a flagship model seems disappointing and perhaps htc one x would be better having said that the phone dosent look bad its just ok

kreacher

Disciple
Nov 9, 2009
I can't believe they kept the buttons and made it 11mm longer than S2, its not pocketable at all. The camera is disappointing too, that was an area they could improve a lot. Half the services won't work here and same for the voice recognition
sign42.gif

cooleagle

Adept
Sep 20, 2011
'Inspired by nature' is fine (don't know where they used this inspiration) but WTH is 'Designed for humans' ?

Oh you mean you design with better materials only for aliens.
<

Surprise surprise like Apple these guys have focused a lot on the software part this time. S3's battery could be good for a day if their SOC ain't power hungry.

S2 peeps who were looking for an upgrade should let this pass unless you need the latest & the greatest, as most of the features on the software front if possible & supported by the hardware will be ported to S2.

Maybe wait for a better offering a la Note at this year end that is if you still want a Shamsung that is.

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
Apr 29, 2010
Lol they have completely ripped off iphone's camera app feature for feature.

What a farce.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
May 12, 2009
Hyderabad,AP
about.me
UGLY, Uninspiring!! Expected alot!
sad.gif

I Held a few of my friends from buying S2 as S3 was releasing.. Now, told them to get the S2 itself!!

Micro Sim Only may cause problems for those who want to use a Backup Phone! 2100Mah Batter should cut just fine, but I expected 2500Mah Atleast!

Now now,if HTC Launches a 2500Mah or 3000Mah Battery Extension Pack for One X and does it at Service Centers/ Just get to their heads that we need more battery Life, I think MOTOROLA is gonna be the winner this Year..

RAZR MAXX Should be launched soon and they have a Moto Fighter with 3300Mah Battery(Supposedly- RUMOR)..

If thats so, then its Moto's Game this Year..

Now, Samsung has just One Card now.. NOTE 2!!

If Note 2 Uses a Screen of 5.4/5.5" in the same 5.3" Bezel and release it with high res, better Cam, more RAM, better S-Pen and a 3500Mah Battery! Then the game changes!!

Also, they should now concentrate on using Kevlar Materials/Aluminium Body for their phones..

Its about time they understand that we hate those Plasticky Builds!!
<

Whatsay Guys?

seenuguddu

Disciple
Jan 23, 2009
Hi All

Samsung on Thursday unveiled Galaxy S3, its next-generation Androidsmartphone, at an event in London. The phone is powered by Exynos 4212, a quad-core processor running at 1.4GHz. It is expected to become available in Indian in the coming weeks.

The phone has a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 720P, 1GB RAM, 16/23GB storage with a slot for microSD card, 8MP camera with burst mode, zero shutter lag and backlit sensor, 2,100mAh battery, Wi-Fi, 3G and Bluetooth. The phone weighs 133 grams and has a thickness of 8.6mm.

One of the unique features in Galaxy S3 is its ability to track the eye movement of the user. Samsung calls the feature SmartStay and claims it will make using Galaxy S3 more intuitive. The phone also has S Voice, a feature similar to Siri on iPhone, that will help users in doing several tasks through voice commands.

Galaxy S3 runs on Ice Cream Sandwich

http://timesofindia....ow/12987279.cms

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
May 12, 2009
Hyderabad,AP
about.me
Well Benchies are good.. But it takes time to Adjust to the Curvy Design!

I expected a much Better GPU for 720p screen! Considering the fact that Malli-400 was Absolute top class at 800x480!

I am just hoping that it would be good. But Pentile Matrix? Thats bad!!

EDIT: Ook! I take back! Just saw that page on Anandtech.. The GPU looks fine!

But, the Design is Ugly! One X looks Awesome, compared to SGS3.

Hopefully S-Voice and S-Cloud etc will come to the rescue of SGS3.

Cam wise, I think One X is better! Waiting for Full Review now!

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Aug 27, 2007
Pune
www.wrapcode.com
Ooops, a bummer
<

I was actually looking forward for Galaxy S3. Now, I will have to go either with HTC One X or keep the current phone and get The new iPad.

Pat

Skilled
Oct 11, 2007
Mumbai
www.inspeero.com
Totally underwhelming for me too. Looks like SIII is the elder brother of Galaxy Nexus. They look very, very similar in design. Pentile screen, no notification LED? HTC One X is still the phone to beat.

My prediction:

Quadcore Exynos Process running at 1.5 GHz

720p Super AMOLED HD+ (non-pentile) - between 4.5 and 4.7" in size

1 GB RAM

32 GB internal storage + expandable memory support

8 MP Camera with advanced optics (for super high quality pics and videos)

Similar plastic body with a very tiny bezel around the screen

Thin profile - almost same as SII with 4G/LTE support

2000+ mAh battery

Guess I was wrong on the screen part.

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
I think the whole Pen tile drama is over blown, at 306 ppi you can hardly make out. I would anyday prefer the natural black of a Super AMOLED to a SLCD 2 display.

Compared to One X, the S3 is better in all aspects except:

1. Build quality

2. Camera

At least build quality wise, Samsung should have taken into considerations all the complaints of a too plasticky look. However where it scores is the battery capacity, removable battery and Micro SD slot. I feel at the same price S3 is more future proof, but they will need to think twice if they gonna price it over One X.

junk_qwe

Adept
Jul 17, 2006
I actually think that the phone is quite decent. White looks like a plastic toy though but the blue one is better.. And regarding the pentile display I don't think you'd notice the pixels with the ppi on offer unless you went looking for it. They have thrown in a nice notification LED which is nice. Should have put a camera shutter key as well.

All in all happy with the phone. Evolution instead of revolution. Touchwiz looks to be slightly better than the one in S2. If only they had given a dual boot option with pure ICS it'd be a killer.. Also happy with the fact that there is indeed a micro SD slot and a pretty decent looking (in paper) removable battery. Rest assured people will flock to buy this one and devs will have a feast with the hardware on offer..

P.S: Why is everyone moving to micro sim nowadays?
cry.gif

yashvisent

Disciple
Sep 11, 2009
Mumbai
Specs wise S3 looks like a good phone but it all depends on the pricing, as per the rumors if it is priced at more then 40k+ in that case I think HTC and motorolla, OR even the S2 and Note will be better bets.

40k+ is not worth considering the price to performance ratio and above all apple is yet to release iphone 5.

Apple still dominates one of the most stable mobile platorms. Even most of the app developers are making good money on the apple platform then the android.

Status
Not open for further replies.