Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

Does it have a rubber/silicon/soft coating inside? Can you put up pics plz.

Also what were the damages and where did you order it from?

Ya it has rubber/soft coating inside as well as on the edges so it doesnt scratch the edges at all. Its 2 in 1 case,soft jacket(inside and around edges) as well as metal on the back so double protection. Can post pics tomorrow, not at home now. Now i feel safe having Note in hands and dont fear of it falling at all,gives very good grip.
Got from flipkart for 1199 or you can buy locally from Croma. Screen protector is great too , was thinking of ordering screen protector separately but this saved the money. 1199 well spent:)

Hmm I have limited knowledge on the emmc bug. But would doing a factory reset on a GB based ROM cause a hard brick? The way I see to use even a safe ICS ROM from stock ICS ROM is:

1. Flash to Stock GB ROM.
2. Factory reset
3. Install the ICS based ROM from CWM

Any chances of bricking this way? For the moment I am happy on the stock ICS based ROM, but looking at the AOKP ROM on my bro's phone, makes me want to use it..

Hmm I have limited knowledge on the emmc bug. But would doing a factory reset on a GB based ROM cause a hard brick? The way I see to use even a safe ICS ROM from stock ICS ROM is:

2. Factory reset

Any chances of bricking this way? For the moment I am happy on the stock ICS based ROM, but looking at the AOKP ROM on my bro's phone, makes me want to use it..

As stated before YES. Infact if you plan on installing AOSP/AOKP this is the safest method Period. Again, this is the safest noob-friendly method I came across (yes, my Android knowledge is still also at the nascent stage)

2. Factory reset

Chances of bricks are possible on Custom CF-root kernels and CWM Recovery. There's no harm in wiping or factory reset if you are on stock rom with stock recovery (no root).
Still to be on a safer side, if you are on a ICS Rom. Search and download Abyss 3.9 kernel (GB based), flash it in recovery. Perform all the wipes and install the rom you want through CWM.
There is no risk involved if you are using ODIN.

on another note..(Oops!!!)
Do any of you guys use a belt pouch for your galaxy note?
Any difficulties or problems you face?
any pouch which can accomodate with the tpu case...?

belt pouch users feedback is welcome....
BTW any good belt pouches links...

Check if you have the Brick Bug. Courtesy Chainfire @ XDA

Please donate to him, even if it's as little as 1 USD. Without him, most of Samsung devices would be plain old BORING!

checked and i do have a chip with the Brick bug.
Though i am not moving from stunner rom as its stable uptill now, still hoping samsung will come out with fix.

Where is Samsung's authorised service centre in Mumbai. Its juz been a month I have purchased my phone and battery seems to be draining in 1 hr and the phone seems to be getting too hot soon. So I would like to know what to do? Do I have to change my phone entirely or juz the battery of it?. Need advice guys asap. If I have to change the phone then I am located at sion. So please let me know where I can take the piece and change it? Will they change it then and there at the same time or will they repair it and give it to me or will it take few days to get me a new piece. Need all this information at the earliest.

Also I would like a good protection cover for my phone which can protect my phone against rain water.

^^ Just switch off wifi, 3g and other wireless devices, check for any background apps and kill them all, check ram usage if you cannot find anything mischiveous, then take ot the service center..

had you installed any applications lately?
just do a factory reset as a last resort....

Back