Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

Lot of things not working in the final builds as well, no Page Buddy, no Notifications Panel customisation, no AirView(cannot affect Note2 sales you see), no Smart rotation, overall an okayish build.

Jelly Bean update now available for Samsung galaxy Note.

Can anybody tell me how to do update it as 1 of my friend wants to do and do I have to take backup before doing it.

owner of g note 1
next upgrade ??

i mean what can my note doesnt do what now phones do ??
i run pure cyanogen 4.2.2 and all is amazing

owner of g note 1
next upgrade ??

A different query..

What are you expecting any current phone to do what your Note 1 does not do ? Also is the supposedly new feature that important for you to warrant an "upgrade" ? Like the eye scrolling stuff in S4 which might come to note 2 and s3 as well. Now if that saves your life then get a new device for the eye scrolling or that s health and such stuff.

But if you just want to "upgrade" for the sake of it since you have a feeling that you and your device will become obsolete since there are new devices in market then by all means you should not think and just get a new device.

Personally i would not change device if i was a note 1 user. But then it is personal opinion.

i m not rich ............ i bought note 1 coz it was revolutionary for me .......... in terms of display size and portability
i wont spend double money to get same thing with less screen estate and faster speed ,,,,,,,,,
wait for note 3 or s5 for me it is :)

@hbksabhi

Did not mean to demean or demotivate you and i know it is personal opinion and choice for everyone but you see these days with new models of the same phone (in this case note) coming every year with just spec bumps and few new software features that one might never even use, people get awestruck seeing those big screen and those useless benchmarks and then generate a want in them to buy the new device even when the older one is perfectly capable and will still be for next few years.
Since everyone is having it, i also want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
owner of g note 1
next upgrade ??

Actually nothing. Since you seem to be running CM you could pick up any other phone with better CM support than a Samsung. Things are broken here and there (at least they were in CM9) I'm enjoying a TW based Custom Rom on my Note (Alliance) and after buying a new battery the other week there doesn't seem to be much reason for me to upgrade.

Honestly speaking, how many of the Note specific features do you guys use?

Actually nothing. Since you seem to be running CM you could pick up any other phone with better CM support than a Samsung. Things are broken here and there (at least they were in CM9) I'm enjoying a TW based Custom Rom on my Note (Alliance) and after buying a new battery the other week there doesn't seem to be much reason for me to upgrade.

Honestly speaking, how many of the Note specific features do you guys use?

I DONT USE ANY FEATURES OS SPEN

only web browsing on huge beautiful screen and thats it n social networking too

Back