Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

dafreaking

Skilled
Jun 23, 2007
speaker sound is ok brother.the main problem i am having is with the battery.it is giving me approximately 16 hours at full charge with light usage.usage is mostly limited to browsing and playig games.

How much do you browse and what games and for how long. Browsing and gaming arent kind to the battery.

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
speaker sound is ok brother.the main problem i am having is with the battery.it is giving me approximately 16 hours at full charge with light usage.usage is mostly limited to browsing and playig games.

That's a fantastic return for what you're usage is! Browsing if over gprs or 3g will literally eat your battery and no 2nd guesses on gaming. That kills the battery! 16 hrs is really good for those

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
Apr 29, 2010
That's a fantastic return for what you're usage is! Browsing if over gprs or 3g will literally eat your battery and no 2nd guesses on gaming. That kills the battery! 16 hrs is really good for those

apologies,i wasn't clear in my previous post.

i am just browsing an hour or two and playing games just for about 30 mins.rest of the time the phone is on standby mode;i do recieve 4 or 5 calls at a average in that period.

i will do a comprehensive watch today and post back.cheers fellas.

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
apologies,i wasn't clear in my previous post.

i am just browsing an hour or two and playing games just for about 30 mins.rest of the time the phone is on standby mode;i do recieve 4 or 5 calls at a average in that period.

i will do a comprehensive watch today and post back.cheers fellas.

Which stock rom are you on? Use CPU Spy to check phone CPU status during standby. It should be in Deep Sleep mode

Deb0

Disciple
Jun 19, 2009
Please describe your typical usage. Mebbe the "new phone syndrome" is eating your battery.

The low speaker sound is more a result of the placement of the speaker (back of the device) Unless of course you have another issue

yea i think u were right, i was doing whole lot of things ..its kinda stable now ..but have to charge every night & even sometimes in lunch time, i hoped 2500 mah battery would last more, taking off the "use packet data" greatly saved the battery & automatic sync thing.

can u guys suggest any app to save more battery & kill the unwasnted apps running on the background

ayaskant12

Adept
Dec 22, 2009
hey fellow note users

Please tell me the latest and best custom ROM

Don't have browband to try all the roms these days

Please reply guys

dafreaking

Skilled
Jun 23, 2007
Guys still on Gingerbread, what ROM/Custom ROM are you using? Been using Darky 3.3 and even though performance is decent its started acting up a bit. Frequent random reboots, etc. I don't want to wait for ICS and would rather flash an updated ROM right now.

Tks

Anshul

Disciple
May 30, 2007
Using rocket rom v22 with speedmod kernel and the ICS theme for rocket rom. Go launcher is fractionally slower than Touchwiz so I just stuck with the latter.

Even my iPhone 4s mates can't believe how well it handles everything you throw at it. HD movies, photos, heavy browsing etc etc

hide0us

Disciple
Jul 18, 2010
Guys still on Gingerbread, what ROM/Custom ROM are you using? Been using Darky 3.3 and even though performance is decent its started acting up a bit. Frequent random reboots, etc. I don't want to wait for ICS and would rather flash an updated ROM right now.

Tks

Kingdroid 7(LC1). Awesome battery life and fully functional rom.

ayaskant12

Adept
Dec 22, 2009
Will wait for your thoughts

Still waiting to jump

This is thephone which id running on stock for the longest time

Almost a month now!!!!

dafreaking

Skilled
Jun 23, 2007
Will wait for your thoughts

Still waiting to jump

This is thephone which id running on stock for the longest time

Almost a month now!!!!

I believe stock LC1 + A good kernel like Franco will give almost similar (great) performance. Franco has a new test kernel out which is apparently giving stellar results. On AbyssNote 4.2 at the moment. Will switch to Franco when he releases a new 'proper' build.

hide0us

Disciple
Jul 18, 2010
I did run franco's new test build for 2 days. The kernel isnt what i would call a consistent one. Waking up had issues but i never encountered any artifacts or 'salads'. There was a serious lag while receiving calls and the way the proximity sensor worked. Battery life was good though.

Switched back to Abyss. For now, its a keeper.

frankmehta

Adept
Nov 21, 2005
Mumbai, India
Guys I am RUNNING CYANOGENMOD 9! WITH EVERYTHING WORKING! I was one of the few lucky ones to grab the ROM from xda three days ago, when it was up for download. It's a BEAUTY. The MOST stable ROM ever. Never going back to Gingerbread. Everything JUST works. CM9, WOW!

I dunno if I have the permission to host it, and I won't until I get permission from the CM team. Hence no requests to host it please. Sorry :-(

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
Guys I am RUNNING CYANOGENMOD 9! WITH EVERYTHING WORKING! I was one of the few lucky ones to grab the ROM from xda three days ago, when it was up for download. It's a BEAUTY. The MOST stable ROM ever. Never going back to Gingerbread. Everything JUST works. CM9, WOW!

I dunno if I have the permission to host it, and I won't until I get permission from the CM team. Hence no requests to host it please. Sorry :-(

Been busy and not followed this. So, everything including camcorder, proper usb mount, S-Pen functionality works? And why was it taken down?

frankmehta

Adept
Nov 21, 2005
Mumbai, India
Been busy and not followed this. So, everything including camcorder, proper usb mount, S-Pen functionality works? And why was it taken down?

Camcorder, video recording, USB mount, everything! Only thing they haven't worked on is S-Pen, because that's proprietary Samsung stuff

EDIT: Sorry, video recording doesn't save still. My bad!