Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

dont be scared, the tax,brokerage and storage is all petty and ignorable, the bulk charges are for shipping and for customs ,should not be more than 1200-1300 per phone

Got the phone today delivered to my office the details for custom duty are below.

Phone value 450$x45.2=20340/-

Fright & INS = 4297/-

Other landing charges = 246/-

total value =24883/-

Furtherr i don't know how they charged 1.3% the total came to:336+50(broker fee) there on 10.3 service tax on brokerage fee.

Total duty paid 391/-

The phone i got is locked 2.2 anyone can help me how to unlock it.

cisco_tech said:
I am more interested in Captivate for its design. but random shutdown problem is backing me off. My budgate is max 15K.
id rather suggest against the captivate coz early batches had issues and should you get one of those your screwed, get the vibrant , much better also since the vibrant is physically a clone of the local galaxy s, obtaining accessories are easy as well. my 2 cents

^^Thanks mate. I would've if i could've. The protector is not for me. So he prefers the one without the hole. Please do let me know if u come across one.

Just bought a Mint Vibrant for 232$ :)

Hopefully, the unconfirmed paypal address won't be an issue. I will be charged customs on 232$ right ? Is it 5.3% or 1.3 % ?

It all depends on the custom how much they value the phone one of my phone was valued at $200 and the recent one was valued at $500.

Hi

Can any one help me source a good condition Galaxy S from US. I will search for the product so that head ache can lie on me.

My paypal account was limited by Paypal when I created it and even after submitting all the necessary documents they did not un limit the account.

Please let me know. I will ofcourse pay you as soon as you make the payment via Paypal (Citibank / Axis / ICICI for immediate transfers )

Cheers.

hey deepak sorry couldnt help you here, my cc jus had to be blocked lately coz i saw some unauthorized txns :( im a man without paypal right now too sob sob

I was wondering if someone gets a beat up and scratched phone from the States. Would the customs ppl still let it pass as new and charge the duty as 1.03% or would there be a problem..??

It is okay for MINT phones to pass throught customs but what about scratched and dented pieces that are NOT in mind condition.
Anyone imported any such phone??..Please post the experience.

Back