Reliance offering 4mbps Unlimited without FUP for 1100?

iChaitanya

Adept
Apr 10, 2008
Pune, MH
twitter.com
their reply is that they set icmp packet as low priority over data packet.
I don't give a rat's ass about what priority they set. Until 3 days ago, I was able to stream 720p YouTube videos flawlessly on my so-called 4Mbps plan (which maxes out at 3.6Mbps). Now I'm having trouble streaming even 360p videos. WTF? YouTube video info says that it's downloading at 300-500 Kbps. Yaa right, they expect me to pay for 4Mbps but in reality they'll deliver only 300-500 Kbps while streaming. Bunch of crooks and noobs managing entire network! Don't believe a word they say.

cisco_tech

ex-Mod
Aug 25, 2005
Ahmedabad
Totally agree with you mate. They are giving bs reasons. I have already downgraded my plan due to this as i wasn't getting 4 mbps speed according to plan.
Post your ping response to gateway.

JuGGa

ftw !!
Skilled
Sep 16, 2011
New Delhi
You're Literally Scaring me!!

As long as you're getting good speeds and a stable connection, why are you caring for a bill which you don't have to pay? ;) Even they don't care.

- - - Updated - - -
@iChaitanya & @cisco_tech

4 mbps plan is not successful at most places due to whatsoever reasons, somewhere they accept it, like here, somewhere they don't, like at yours place. And there's a great variation in their service from place to place, even in a mere single km; reason apparently being their poor infrastructure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
well i have apply 4 mbps plan at Chennai well it has been improve where i got aveg 55-98 sometime 155 ping via Dota 2, CS go and few games where it is stable sometime the download use full throttle connect up and down.. ( ps i connect around 10 pc via my games cafe) also 3 x ps3 and 2 laptop plus 2 mobile ;) and extra gadgets

iChaitanya

Adept
Apr 10, 2008
Pune, MH
twitter.com
Post your ping response to gateway.
Ping response to gateway is fine. ~15ms.

Problem is somewhere in Mumbai as is evident from this screenie:

Plus, in addition to high ping, there's packet loss. Also, I'm experiencing the following as well:

1) High ping and packet loss, as mentioned above. This is happening frequently now a days.

2) The connection was down for last 48 hours and so was the bundled fixed-line phone!

3) There's disturbance in the fixed-line phone.

4) I'm unable to access Twitter.com during the daytime. Most probably they've blocked it so as to stop frustrated subscribers from voicing their opinions on Twitter.

5) Facebook loads slowly all the time. It doesn't matter whether you on their 1 Mbps plan or their 12 Mbps one, Facebook is damn slow.

6) Not getting claimed speed. I'm getting only 3.2 Mbps while downloading from torrents and 3.5 Mbps while downloading from HTTP.

7) To top it off, the local technician promptly closes all complaints raised by me without even contacting me.

I'll be contacting the Appellate office today. They are my last hope. If they fail to resolve these issues within a week, I'll be disconnecting RCOM and going back to airtel broadband. I really miss airtel broadband. My only complaint regarding airtel is that it's damn costly. But I guess quality comes at a price. airtel broadband service is kick-ass.

H_D

Adept
Jul 2, 2008
Delhi
3 days have passed and i have not received any call from their side regarding availability in my area.

(south delhi)

abracadabra

Adept
Oct 6, 2009
My only complaint regarding airtel is that it's damn costly. But I guess quality comes at a price. airtel broadband service is kick-ass.

Please take a note if you pulling a new connection from Airtel, FUP sucks(which you already might know), Only $martbyte$ will pop to haunt you everytime! As you clearly mentioned service is KickA$$ but at a co$t.

raj_pol

Skilled
Mar 16, 2006
Bangalore
I am using the airtell 4MBPS plan for 1900 + taxes . It is costly but I am happy. I25 GB is enough and keeps me happy enabling me to download what I want or see what I want. Costly but till date good service. If u had unlimited download and you downloaded say 50 TB a month when will you watch the same?

My opinion only and so lets not fight. Peace

abracadabra

Adept
Oct 6, 2009
I am using the airtell 4MBPS plan for 1900 + taxes . It is costly but I am happy. I25 GB is enough and keeps me happy enabling me to download what I want or see what I want. Costly but till date good service. If u had unlimited download and you downloaded say 50 TB a month when will you watch the same?

My opinion only and so lets not fight. Peace

FYI I was not pulling up a fight, i was giving a piece of info.

You are located in Banglore and that is good enough for you as the competition in those southern markets is high; and that you have too many ISP(s), That is not the case with where I and iChaitanya reside, competition is low and its least well connected. If you have seen the airtel website with the location PUNE, you'd exactly know what i'm talking about! So please keep the criticism to a healthy level!

iChaitanya

Adept
Apr 10, 2008
Pune, MH
twitter.com
Guys, chill. :)

Please take a note if you pulling a new connection from Airtel, FUP sucks(which you already might know), Only $martbyte$ will pop to haunt you everytime! As you clearly mentioned service is KickA$$ but at a co$t.
I was an airtel broadband subscriber from 2009-2011. I gave up airtel in 2011 because of their PUF - Pathetic Usage Policy. Smartbytes shit wasn't there back in 2011. I've heard that it's bullshit as well.

abracadabra said:
I'm currently on AirtelBB, but have a hard time with their FUP, was looking to move in with Reliance BB.
Feasibility has already been confirmed for me and things have been cleared on that front.

I want to know how is the QoS from Reliance BB, meaning how reliable are they in providing the service, the Up-times? I was looking for the THUNDER 699 Plan, which is a 2Mbps one with no FUP !

Does any LIMIT still apply? Though the customer service person confirmed this "there is no limit mentioned"; but i wanted to know this from a user end..

Other than a bad Customer Service is there anyother troubles from them?
I can understand your misery, bro. This
XK83Bn3.gif
unFair Usage Policy is the reason why I quit airtel two years ago. There's no such thing as QoS in Reliance. If it works, then it works great. If it broken, then your bad luck. Reliance was good during 2011-2013. Currently their whole network in Pune has gone to the dogs. I'm experiencing almost 50% packet (24 hours, 7 days a week) since 2nd week of February 2013. I'm getting 150-200 Kbps speed on my 4 Mbps tariff plan. Their chairman's office has informed me that this packet loss issue (which is city wide) will be resolved by 6th-8th March. I'll be given a rental waiver for the same as well.

Once this issue is resolved, expect full 2 Mbps speed on the 699 tariff plan and about 3.5-3.6 Mbps on the 4 Mbps tariff plan. I suggest you hold your horses until this packet loss issue is resolved. I'll inform you once it's completely resolved. There is no FUP whatsoever. Some guys download ~180 GB per month, that too on the 699 / 2 Mbps tariff plan.

Customer care and the contracted local technicians especially here in Pune are useless. Their Appellate authority and chairman's / SVP's office are your only hope.

Conclusion: Wait till I give you the green signal.

Btw, what's your current tariff plan on airtel broadband?

- - - Updated - - -

iChaitanya & cisco_tech

4 mbps plan is not successful at most places due to whatsoever reasons, somewhere they accept it, like here, somewhere they don't, like at yours place. And there's a great variation in their service from place to place, even in a mere single km; reason apparently being their poor infrastructure.

I was getting about 3.6 Mbps speed on my 4 Mbps tariff plan before this packet loss issue cropped up. Even if I subscribe to their 1 Mbps / 549 tariff plan, I'll still get only 150-200 Kbps due to heavy packet loss. So, it's irrelevant for me. I'm situated exactly 900 meters away from the DLC. No link drop issue. Only issue is packet loss, which'll be resolved soon.

Also AirTel f u p is ass kicker.
haha, true! :lol:

3 days have passed and i have not received any call from their side regarding availability in my area.
One needs to keep pestering them by calling and Emailing repeatedly.

Anyone else getting upto 300KBps additional speed from local peers?
Yes, I've experienced this. It's a nice feature. :)

Reactions: 1 person

yashchitale

Disciple
Nov 29, 2010
In the same boat as you mate. Got the connection back in November 2012. One issue that's always been there was high pings during the day. So i could only game at night and mornings. Link stability and no FUP is awesome. Downloads, streaming was still manageable during the day but VOIP and RTA were a pain. Kept complaining to them. Once a technician came to my place said its a backend issue and went back and next day i got a mail saying my complaint was resolved. Lol. It never got resolved. Finally acknowledged the issue and said it would be resolved by March 6th. Since they said that about a week ago I've been getting better latency but unbearable packet loss(20-30%). Can just about use my internet for browsing. Will ask them for a rental waiver as you did. Thanks for that. I swear if they don't fix the issue by then I am going to do some serious damage. Damn frustrating.

yashchitale

Disciple
Nov 29, 2010
Yes, I am from Pune. Prabhat road area. Everyone I know using reliance in Pune is facing the same issue I am. Problems started in their network ever since they launched these unlimited plans. The excess traffic and that one Mumbai server having ip 220.224.149.90 was the issue from what I could make out of the trace route results on my end and your screenshot.

yashchitale

Disciple
Nov 29, 2010
Lol now they're saying 21st march. Screw this anyways I have exams. good way to get away from the distractions.

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
These morons contacted me themselves and kept insisting I take their 4 Mbps unlimited connection for about 15 minutes, only to tell in the end that my area is not covered. LOL. As ****ed up as Mr. Anil Ambani himself.