Reliance offering 4mbps Unlimited without FUP for 1100?

Can anybody tell me, who in Delhi(West) facing some sort of packet loss & frequent disconnection ?

Torrents are paused when connection is lost/reconnect because of Login page.

Also whom to contact directly, please give me direct no. or email id to contact.

Ladies (if any!) and gentlemen, I present to you my "thunderous" 4 Mbps plan:

8BGNh4a.png

Better opt for dial-up than opting for Reliance broadband. Entire Pune city is facing this slow speed/packet loss issue since last 2 months, but they're simply not interested in fixing it.

I've already applied for YOU broadband. Let's just hope they cover my area.

RCOM policy: NO rental waiver for slow speed / packet loss issues. Rental waiver will be given only if your connection is totally down, that too for 72+ hours. I have limited options in my area. :(

Disconnect the Connections All ya folks who are facing problems with Reliance and Management will Rectify that problem in 1 year.;)

I'm haven't encountered any issues with speed recently (I'm on the 2 Mbps plan), but I have been facing issues with DNS pretty consistently for over a year now. Every 10 mins or so, pages stop loading. Running the connection diagnostic tool usually fixes this temporarily. It gets really irritating sometimes. Torrent speeds are always fantastic, but surfing and direct downloads can suffer sometimes. The techs at Reliance haven't been able or willing to fix this.
Anyone else facing this issue too?

Ladies (if any!) and gentlemen, I present to you my "thunderous" 4 Mbps plan:

8BGNh4a.png

Better opt for dial-up than opting for Reliance broadband. Entire Pune city is facing this slow speed/packet loss issue since last 2 months, but they're simply not interested in fixing it.

I've already applied for YOU broadband. Let's just hope they cover my area.

RCOM policy: NO rental waiver for slow speed / packet loss issues. Rental waiver will be given only if your connection is totally down, that too for 72+ hours. I have limited options in my area. :(

I'm haven't encountered any issues with speed recently (I'm on the 2 Mbps plan), but I have been facing issues with DNS pretty consistently for over a year now. Every 10 mins or so, pages stop loading. Running the connection diagnostic tool usually fixes this temporarily. It gets really irritating sometimes. Torrent speeds are always fantastic, but surfing and direct downloads can suffer sometimes. The techs at Reliance haven't been able or willing to fix this.
Anyone else facing this issue too?

same issue even i got low speed due to DNS issue but i get max speed 4 MBPS in torrent and website is not loading property...

1. what is the total installation cost + security deposit + any hidden charge i need to pay them for getting the connection?
2. and rental needs to be paid in advance or after month completion?
3. and is this connection broadband only or do they force you to get telephone connection too,which means extra charges due to telephone fixed charges?

1. what is the total installation cost + security deposit + any hidden charge i need to pay them for getting the connection?
3. and is this connection broadband only or do they force you to get telephone connection too,which means extra charges due to telephone fixed charges?

1.Installation cost was a Rs 600 cheque at the time of registration thru a local reliance connection provider

2.Once you get your connection you have to pay 2 months advance rental of something close to 2k if you're on the 4mbps connection, after that it's month to month.

3.You can choose to get only the broadband, I don't remember reliance forcing me to get the telephone line, but I'm thinking of getting it since I don't have a fixed line phone in my home.

Some tips - I suggest you keep a backup connection just incase from another ISP because with reliance its headache right fro the start to the point when your connection goes down, it takes days until something is even done about it.
I have a mini directory of reliance engineers and local contacts when it goes down.
The CC is completely useless, they only do something when you angrily yell at them on the 3rd day of your connection being dead. Threaten them with complaints to trai or say you wont pay the bill :)

Lastly you might wanna get well acquainted with all the people you have to deal with, that means you gotta pay them something to expedite the installation of your connection. I had to wait for 2 weeks to get my connection, I used to call the local engineers, Reliance CC everyday till someone finally showed up. even after all that I had to pay the engineer something to get my line installed. They are very helpful when your connection goes down since they know what's happening locally.

Bottom line - The connection works as advertised but there are some issues like slow dns servers so might wanna switch to Google's dns's from time to time. HTTP download max at about 500+ kbps, torrents can be a tad slower. Streaming sometimes is slow but mostly works great. I average about 250gb in downloads each month...with no data cap or speed reductions the 4mbps for the price is probably one of the best connections in India. Now only if reliance got their shit together.

We are good in kolkata we have so many ISPs we don't care abt reliance or bsnl or mtnl .. We have alliance broadband.... wish net broadband.... And sify broadband these 3 are ruling our state with awesome peering in torrentz and youtube can watch any video on YouTube without any buffering and dwld speed in torrent is 1-2mbps if proper peering is thr and we pay Rs 560 for 768kbps connection :p

@zibalingz: Just goes to show how CC can vary in different areas. Your experience with Reliance almost completely mirrors mine with Tikona, wheras my time with Reliance customer has been (mostly) smooth sailing.

Last edited by a moderator:
After disconnecting Failtel, i was new to Reliance, they called me & came to my home for visit & location check.
To avoid installation charges, i asked them should I make half-yearly payment ?
They agreed & it saved me 600 bucks.
Paid only 549 X 6(months) + service tax ~ 3750rs by cheque.
6 months are not over, so just got first bill with -ve amount.

Till then, speeds are consistent in Torrent downloading & few direct downloads.
I get 100 - 110kbps in my 1Mbps plan.
Ping sucks & website are slow to load due to DNS issue(half of the time).

Overall: It stopped my online gaming habit(which is good for me :p )
Now movies, TV series in HD are good to go via pirateb*y.

Edit: I am from Delhi Region.

Till then, speeds are consistent in Torrent downloading & few direct downloads.
I get 100 - 110kbps in my 1Mbps plan.
Ping sucks & website are slow to load due to DNS issue(half of the time).

Yep. This is the main problem with a Reliance connection. There is always an issue with DNS - I usually have to refresh the DNS every 15 mins or so - that they do not seem to be able to..er..resolve. No complaints about torrents. Using Google/OpenDNS can help, but then it is a pain to switch back to the Reliance DNS just to log-in.

I am shifting to my new flat on nagar road and I just called them up to check the feasibility in my area.
Dumb A$$ CC no. Even when I selected English lang they diverted me to Hindi CCE. She totally refused to listen to me when I was speaking Hinglish. I cut the phone tried again. Damn luck it connected again to the same girl Vidya. This time also she refused.... I cleared my throat and gave her some nice lecture and tried calling again.... this time got thru..... Arrogant retards.
Service providing companies behave as if they are doing a favor on the cust. That gal will not forget me atleast for this wknd.....

I currently have ICC internet but they charge too much. Rs1235 for 1mbps. I am in a dilemma whether to switch the connection and gamble for some other ISP or better stick to ICC and pay more.... they do have down times but its just for a couple of hours..... speed is good, pings are decent.....Can manage to play 1 youtube vdo at 320kbps.

Back