Reliance Jio Rollout

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore
So March has come and still no word on public roll out. My guess is they'll probably push the public launch to Oct-Dec. :/

Harpy.eagle

Adept
May 22, 2008
So March has come and still no word on public roll out. My guess is they'll probably push the public launch to Oct-Dec. :/

You got that partly right. Only missing info is, year of launch which is 2050.
Jio has done nothing till now for common public other than consuming tons of bandwidth, giving something to discuss and post on blogs and earn through ads.

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
Mar 25, 2010
You got that partly right. Only missing info is, year of launch which is 2050.
Jio has done nothing till now for common public other than consuming tons of bandwidth, giving something to discuss and post on blogs and earn through ads.
I disagree. While I agree that JIO has done nothing for the public, I believe the Ambanis have a grand opening in mind. They could have launched it in particular circles like airtel did just for the sake of it, but they chose not to, instead they chose to roll out pan india at one go. I can say personally having witnessed the grand employee launch and having used JIO services since january, that people are going to love it. I do work for Reliance, Just not for JIO

Sobirvs

Skilled
Mar 20, 2013
Chrome
I disagree. While I agree that JIO has done nothing for the public, I believe the Ambanis have a grand opening in mind. They could have launched it in particular circles like airtel did just for the sake of it, but they chose not to, instead they chose to roll out pan india at one go. I can say personally having witnessed the grand employee launch and having used JIO services since january, that people are going to love it. I do work for Reliance, Just not for JIO

what pan india? afaik, the roll out will be like this, - first tier 1 cities and then later on others. should take around 2 years for pan india. it's not gonna be in one go.

vaibhavyagnik

Adept
Mar 25, 2010
what pan india? afaik, the roll out will be like this, - first tier 1 cities and then later on others. should take around 2 years for pan india. it's not gonna be in one go.
The network coverage is certainly there. I do not see a reason why they cannot. Which area are you from, I will look up if your area has coverage. Initially the coverage might not be as good as other major like airtel, because airtel has been in this field for a very long time.

Ra.hul

Disciple
Nov 6, 2006
Vapi
Well I been using jio since four months and I can say currently its coverage is 90% of what Vodafone have, sometimes I see places where only Jio work. As soon as they deploy 850 MHz I bet no operator can beat jio

sharktale1212

Skilled
May 27, 2008
The network coverage is certainly there. I do not see a reason why they cannot. Which area are you from, I will look up if your area has coverage. Initially the coverage might not be as good as other major like airtel, because airtel has been in this field for a very long time.
Bangalore - CV Raman Nagar? :)
The problem is many people have been seeing Jio's rollout being pushed for quite sometime. So some degree of criticism is expected.

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Mar 13, 2009
Pune
can you do a lookup for Pune 411014.

vaibhavyagnik

Adept
Mar 25, 2010
Bangalore - CV Raman Nagar? :)
The problem is many people have been seeing Jio's rollout being pushed for quite sometime. So some degree of criticism is expected.
On 3 parameters, Excellent, good and satisfactory, CV Raman Nagar is Good coverage area

can you do a lookup for Pune 411014.
Excellent to good coverage

If you guys have 4G phones you could just search for networks in your area, you would see IND-JIO or similar in the list of available networks

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Mar 13, 2009
Pune
On 3 parameters, Excellent, good and satisfactory, CV Raman Nagar is Good coverage area

Excellent to good coverage

If you guys have 4G phones you could just search for networks in your area, you would see IND-JIO or similar in the list of available networks
Thanks, I can already see the JIO network long back. I was more interested in knowing if broadband will be available here and the plans for my area. I believe some member had access to this information earlier in the thread.

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
Yeah I would also like to know whether Fiber coverage will come to Pune in the 411013 area (Wanowrie/Hadapsar) - if anyone knows?

multi

Adept
Feb 11, 2007
You /me /we must not expect miracle happen in just seconds, it's network,created by huge investment, don't they know what is pro & cons for delay & every expectation.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Nov 30, 2011
Pandora
Got this message from Idea just now.
Dear Customer, You can now enjoy 4G speed even without a 4G handset, by availing special benefits on our high speed Mi Fi
I didn't know about the MiFi till now. Well played.
Some old news articles
Reliance Jio will offer a cheap MiFi device and 10 GB of data for Rs 700, even as it prepares to launch commercial services by early March
http://telecom.economictimes.indiat...g-data-mifi-device-for-rs-700-report/50506843

Idea Cellular 4G: All you need to know about plans, content services, and smartphones
http://telecom.economictimes.indiat...ans-content-services-and-smartphones/50305994

Last edited:

Channu

Adept
Mar 11, 2007
I was in a very remote area of Kashmir where hardly network was present except Jio !! It was unbelievable.... 4G network where regular signals were also not available. I for one, m really having very high hopes. Charge me Rs 2000 or even Rs 3000 and give me 100 GB of mobile 4G data :p

vinukm

Disciple
May 15, 2008
Bangalore
I don't see any reliance JIO network in my place in Bangalore .. Surprised my area happens to be close to IT hub and also within city limits.

vaibhavyagnik

Adept
Mar 25, 2010
I don't see any reliance JIO network in my place in Bangalore .. Surprised my area happens to be close to IT hub and also within city limits.
your area name and pincode? banglore is pretty much good average everywhere