Reliance Broadnet users, Fight for new plans

Shripad said:
Hi guys.

Thanks to fcry64, I came to know about this.

Reliance has updated all their unlimited flat free plans and the new plans are now cheaper. ( this is applicable for wimax as well as fixed line users )

On inquiring I was told that ONLY speed is increased keeping the Price same as past.

I was on 600 kbps unlimited plan. I was paying 2051 for the last three months. :mad:

Called the cc and blasted them.:mad: Got it migrated to 1399 plan.:p This new rate will take effect in the next 48 hrs.

Thanks funky for pointing this out. :)

Well I have migrated to 1mbps plan and its now active.

I figured out that talking to customer care about this is pointless. So I went to reliance webworld today and asked an explaination why all current users were not informed. And when a cheaper rate plan came into existence they why are they giving lame excuses like the user did not request the migration.

Also pointed out that their official website still has not updated this info and hence how is end user suppose to know about this?

And what about excessive payment made by current users over last 3 months?

The guy there connected me to the regional manager who promised to look into this and when i told him that i want written confirmation of this complain, he reluctantly agreed. Now I have signed document by reliance which states that I wasnt informed about the plan change and neither it was revealed to the public on their website.

I dont care about the extra 500 bucks to be honest, but I hate to see company trying to bleed their customers as long as they can. I have forwarded the scan of letters to TRAI and CCed it to reliance.

Lets see what happens. If needed I will even go to consumer forum.

Back