Reliance Broadnet users, Fight for new plans

Shripad

ex-Mod
Hi guys.

Thanks to fcry64, I came to know about this.

Reliance has updated all their unlimited flat free plans and the new plans are now cheaper. ( this is applicable for wimax as well as fixed line users )

but existing customers are still being charged at old rates. I first confirmed this plans with reliance customer care over phone. When I told them I am existing user and why am i still being billed at old rates, they put my phone on hold and never picked it up again.

Happened 3 times today.

Talked with the reliance franchise locations as well, and they confirmed these plans are now the new flat fee plans and are actually in place from August - september 2008.

I have attached the plan details.

I have mailed reliance asking for explanation and told them I wont be paying this month's bill with old rates or until i get explanation on this.

If any of you are still being charged at old rates, email them at "broadband@relianceada.com" with your user id details and preferably from your reliance email itself. They usually reply properly and quickly to emails and customer support is far better online than over phone.

DO NOT KEEP PAYING OLD RATES.

Attachments

• Flat_free_plan.doc
    37 KB · Views: 270
OMG thanks for pointing this out! The guy who installed the net for me gave me a brochure with 400kbps for 1k and in the bill (and in reality) it's only 300kbps. :O

Mailing them this very instant.

Yesterday found a reliance broadnet brouchure on my door..
all flat fee plans - unlimited
75kbps Rs450
150kbps Rs800
300kbps Rs849
400kbps Rs1049
600kbps Rs1449
1Mbps Rs2249

includes rs50 rental for landline
Rs50 talktime free
call charge Rs1.10 per pulse

I am a bsnl dataone user ...so juz gave a glance at the prices and threw the brouchure away.....prices too high when compared to bsnl

Shripad said:
Hi guys.

Thanks to fcry64, I came to know about this.

Reliance has updated all their unlimited flat free plans and the new plans are now cheaper. ( this is applicable for wimax as well as fixed line users )

but existing customers are still being charged at old rates. I first confirmed this plans with reliance customer care over phone. When I told them I am existing user and why am i still being billed at old rates, they put my phone on hold and never picked it up again.

Happened 3 times today.

Talked with the reliance franchise locations as well, and they confirmed these plans are now the new flat fee plans and are actually in place from August - september 2008.

I have attached the plan details.

I have mailed reliance asking for explanation and told them I wont be paying this month's bill with old rates or until i get explanation on this.

If any of you are still being charged at old rates, email them at "broadband@relianceada.com" with your user id details and preferably from your reliance email itself. They usually reply properly and quickly to emails and customer support is far better online than over phone.

DO NOT KEEP PAYING OLD RATES.

Mailed them. Will not pay the bill till I receive a clarification. Please keep us updated on your status too.:)

Well i was informed about the plan changes via bill and i asked them to upgrade my plan from the 300k to 400k. I was charged at 800 + taxes for the one month when i was still on 300k.

@funky: The fact that they are not picking up the phone is cuz the billing dept hasn't communicated yet with the call center folks and updated them about your issue. These CC folks chicken out when you ask them something thats not in their books. But then Reliance Broadnet CC has to be one the worst in the country. Keep pestering them until you get ur issues solved.

Well I changed the plans some time back.... changed it to 1399 for 600 kbps when the plan was changed....as I kept calling them and asking abt rates reduction compared to BSNL.....

Recently shifted house so i had to let go of Reliance because of no availabilty.

Currently on Airtel 1 mbps unlimited :)......

I contacted CC and they have given me a request number with the standard promise of my issue being solved within the next 48 hrs. My email to them also received the same reply. So now just waiting..........

But they havent said anything about why they didnt contact me about the updated rates or what they may do about the fact that I have paid old rates for the past 2-3 months. And I am guessing that they wont do anything about it in the future either!

buBleZ said:
Thanks for the headsup.. Will mail them rightaway

I already paid bills for August, September & October in the old rates :(

Really thts sad man....:( ..

I have been paying 1399+tax for 600 kbps for all these months....

Well, it took them more than 3 days but finally they did it. 400kbps plan is activated on my account. :clap: :clap: :clap:

All Reliance subscribers, call/email them now!

hi guys,

further updating this....i was informed by CC last week that instead of payin 999+tax for 400k ul flat pm i can pay 4995 incl taxes for 6 months which works out to be 832.50 pm....not bad as compared to monthly.

Hmm I knew about this since Aug... (300kbps to 400kbps). I told them to change my plans too.. and they claimed they changed it too.

Effective download speeds increased last week only though...

Back