Reddit may force 3rd party apps to shut down, asks for $12k api access fees.

https://tildes.net/ is also great alternative. It is only invite only at the moment, though.

The initial alpha test group will be small and by invitation only. I hope to start expanding pretty quickly before long, including giving users their own invites to send out. Send me an email at invites@tildes.net if you're interested in being included in one of the early groups.

everything works just like vanced.
however in the newer yt app , there is an issue ,while using background play if u turn off ur screen the video playback will stop after 5 mins.
Apparently this is also faced by people with premium membership in official yt app.
I use ReVanced Extended.. from the same developer inotia00 in the ReVanced team.
XDA link in signature.
The official reddit app is battery hungry and it's a data mining app. It's even worse than Facebook app.
So, which apps we can use other than reddit official app?
so many ads and promoted contents, too much lag in old devices.

I use ReVanced Extended.. from the same developer inotia00 in the ReVanced team.
XDA link in signature.

So, which apps we can use other than reddit official app?
so many ads and promoted contents, too much lag in old devices.
None. Reddit wants you to only use their app. This is why they are charging such exorbitant fees for API access and after June 30th the current API keys won't work for any app. So all those vanced hacks etc won't work.

Edit:
Infinity for reddit trying to play Russian roulette.

Infinity_For_Reddit/comments/147bhsg

Last edited:
End of Boost for reddit notice.

Edit: Unofficial subreddit migration list.

Using wefwef as a web client on all devices for Lemmy. Works well enough considering the server load.

Boost for Lemmy is in the works as are other reddit to lemmy apps.

Not sure how many users it will attrach if this is what most users are facing today.
1688214809007.png

Not sure how many users it will attrach if this is what most users are facing today.
View attachment 171967

Strange. It's opening for me properly.
img.png

There is a huge number of people coming from Reddit to Lemmy.world so those servers are being bombarded like crazy. These are servers run by individuals in their spare time using their own money for hosting, bandwidth etc so it's not going to be 100% uptime most of the time. I'm happy to be go to somewhere else rather than reddit. Even reddit had such downtimes for hours when it was getting popular or something broke on their system.

I have been an Apollo user on iOS and obviously it got shut down but jailbreak community was fast to respond with a decrypted IPA in which a tweak is injected and one has to create API for themselves individually and use that custom API in Apollo and then (almost) everything is back as before.

Right now I have loaded Apollo and named it Apollo++ on my iPhone and iPad.

Back