Red Dead Redemption - Discussion Thread

jojothedragon said:
Thanks for the input. GOW3 doesn't have much jagged edges whereas there are many jagged edges in RDR. Well at least they managed to put up some effects in the game that looks quite well in a large display.
if only it was on pc, there would be no more "edges" and the game would look 2 times better and play in 1980*1080 :< *noob runs away*

50% through the game. I think I'd be done with the game by this weekend provided the stranger missions do not hold me back.

Any idea where grizzly bears are found? :ashamed:

Look around Tall Trees & Bearclaw camp. You will find them wandering around. Be very careful when you approach them though, if they hit you, it instantly takes off a good chunk of your health. So don't get into a close encounter. Just use your shotgun and nail them down.

Ummm did this game have glitches? I mean when some levels are loaded textures appear slowly indicating a blank area there. And then just know, I was done with killing Williamson and Allende and the game locked up for about 2 mins until the cutscene ensued. Had to play this a second time only to know that the lock up was temporary. :mad:

^Nope no patches applied. Not sure about the version. Have to check. I am assuming this is the vanilla version.

Didn't run into a single glitch on the 360 version, but I remember there was a huge outburst from people all across about the innumerable glitches this game had, when it first came out. The patches which came out should have fixed these issues.

Tears filled my eyes when

John was shot dead. :cry:

Never expected this would happen. He could've taken down all those guys easily. :(

The last time this happened was when Ethan Mars was shot dead by the cops in Heavy Rain in one of the alternate endings. :cry:

Desecrator said:
He could've taken down all those guys easily. :(

No way could he have taken all those guys alone. There was like a huge battalion out to get him, not to mention, his family's life was at stake as well.

Ethan_Hunt said:
No way could he have taken all those guys alone. There was like a huge battalion out to get him, not to mention, his family's life was at stake as well.
Abigail and Jack had fled by the time the soldiers had assembled outside the stable. Previously when the soldiers where storming the ranch from all the sides, did he not single handedly take down all of them? His uncle was down already after being shot and he did not offer much help either and there were about 30+ of them in batches perhaps? Wonder what prevented him from sneaking out of the stable through the back door. He probably wanted to sacrifice himself to save Abigail and Jack which is understandable but he could have easily taken down those men IMO.

Another downside to the gameplay is John cannot swim! The moment he steps into the water - DEAD! Duh. :\

Desecrator said:
Abigail and Jack had fled by the time the soldiers had assembled outside the stable. Previously when the soldiers where storming the ranch from all the sides, did he not single handedly take down all of them? His uncle was down already after being shot and he did not offer much help either and there were about 30+ of them in batches perhaps? Wonder what prevented him from sneaking out of the stable through the back door. He probably wanted to sacrifice himself to save Abigail and Jack which is understandable but he could have easily taken down those men IMO.

Ross had assembled a huge fleet of soldiers to take out Marston. The first wave was just a warm up for them. Abigail and Jack couldn't have gone very far, as you can Abigail sending Jack back to check on John right she hears a shot and later they mourn at him being shot to death. Even if John had single handedly taken down the first lot, what's to say, Ross wouldn't have had back up fleet? I mean he was a Federal Agent after all. It was inevitable, John had to die. His past would never let go of him. Let's face it, the game needs to have a realistic approach. Part of the feature, which separates this game from having a GTA approach.

Gannu...why u crying :bleh:

I felt that kinda emotion only in Heavy Rain, RDR was not emotionally connecting to me....

Yes Heavy Rain is the only game which touched me a lot.

P.S - HR is not the game which you play it twice.

xXx said:
Gannu...why u crying :bleh:

I felt that kinda emotion only in Heavy Rain, RDR was not emotionally connecting to me....
But when the entire bunch shot him down and he was absolutely helpless, I could not help it. :( :cry:

Ofc even Mass Effect 1 & 2 (the only RPG I have played by far) has had the effect on me. But Heavy Rain was in a league of its own.

Ethan_Hunt said:
^Spoiler warning dude. :p
Done! :ashamed:

I feel like achieving a 100% completion for the game - sometimes the gameplay gets very addictive. The story based campaign should be done in an hour's time tops. The MP trophies cannot be done for obv. reasons. Wonder if I should go ahead or complete the pending backlog. LBP 1 and Siren: Blood Curse. Any pointers? How long would Siren and LBP 1 take to complete?

Personally, I would go with Siren. It's much more engaging.

Andy, do you have Demon's Souls? If not, then planning to get it and dare to play it? I might become "Braveheart" and try it after KZ2. So want some company to try it out. :p

Back