Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

I had wasted my time watching these

Blood Father : 3/10 : watch it for Mel Gibson. disappointed.
Money Monster : 3/10 : Clooney and Julia Roberts - damn another disappointment. :(
Ice Age : Collision Course : 1/10 : I somehow 'liked' Ice Age till the dawn of the dinosaurs, but the last two are pathetic. This one I couldn't even complete watching.
Just completed Money Monster and was about to start Blood Father. Thank god, saw this just in time.

Udaan [2010] - 8.2/10
One of the few movies to have held me in my seat. Cinematography and acting were top notch.
Glad that Ronit Roy was chosen. He
did ended up with a broken nose after the punch and a torn hamstring while chasing, but he
did his job very well!

Mr. and Mrs. Iyer [2002] - 8/10
The sentiment/religion of humanity is at the base of our existence. Capturing the diversity of India in a bus was a good idea as well.
But Bose's character looked too fairy tale.

Shahid [2012] - 8/10
RajKumar Rao shines brightly in this movie. The real life story of the man is something to delve upon.

The King of Comedy [1982] - 8.2/10

Fabulous! De Niro and Scorcese come together for a spl collaboration.
The type of movie which keeps you interested in dismissing it for a major part, and then comes through.

Bol [2011] - 8/10
Powerful movie. Lot of rough edges, but glad that a movie tackling such topics exists.
Lots of good performances.

Last edited:
Dhoni 4/5
Nicely acted by everyone, interesting story, came to know a few interesting things about captain cool. apart from one or romantic songs enjoyed the movie.

Independence Day: Resurgence - 0/10
Couldn't make it past the 10 minute marker, the constant Chinese product placement and CCP sponsored **** stroking did it for me. Went in completely dark on this one and gave it a shot nonetheless since the first one was senseless fun, this is just another tacked on unwarranted lazy sequel trying to bank on the IP.

Central Intelligence - 5/10
Disappointing, Kevin Hart should stick to stand up specials. I do like the Rock's screen presence in movies but this was a waste of time.

Suicide Squad - 4/10
Poor CGI, wafer thin plot, cringeworthy soundtrack, forced humour, poor casting choices (Will Smith is just being Will Smith, never really liked Leto's Joker costume design and look but Margot Robbie would've been perfect as a darker, more psychotic Harley Quinn alongside Ledger's Joker)

So yea, pretty much another hat-trick of shite movies.

Independence Day: Resurgence - 0/10

So yea, pretty much another hat-trick of shite movies.

Talking of sh*t hat-tricks, I got too. (another after this)
Independence Day : ditto
X-men Apocalypse : 2/10 : Couldn't complete watching even though I was playing games on my mobile. :)
Star Trek 2016 : 6.5/10 : this one was little better. Also, I kind of like Star Trek movies (these new three)

Ek Chalis Ki Last Local : 7/10

Movie starts of really well. The premise is strong. I thought: finally a one-nighter akin to "Is Rath Ki Subah Nahin", but someway down the line the multiple subplots and intertwined threads slowed down the pace. Some scenes are almost Quantinesque, but the story line should have been kept more tight. The diamond in the rough: Rogue cop - Ashok Samarth. What acting he has done, and shows his malice with conviction and style.

Crisp editing, which is rare for Hindi films.

Anyone seen the 2014 movie "Algorithm" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3293462/ - any comments? I saw the trailer and purchased the DVD+BluRay set off their website thehackermovie.com just for the heck of it (to add to my paltry bluray collection) :) The full movie is available officially on youtube too. Comments elsewhere online (whatever few I could find) range from "cerebral" to "bleh".

Doctor Strange --- 6/10

This movie's rating in the media actually shows what has happened to movies today. This year is full of shitty movies BvS, Suicide Squad, Ghostbusters, Central Intelligence etc to name a few. So when a movie like Jason Bourne end up with "mixed" reviews and a mediocre one like this end up with "positive" reaction. People are now starving for things which are not bad.

+ Visuals and thats it.
Acting is okayish. Cumberbatch's performance is more like him playing the character instead of being one with it. Rachel McAdams hardly gets any screen time. Others are also by the numbers
- Comedy - Yes there are some good lines and scenes like the "Mister Doctor" thing but at other moments they just fall flat. One particular instance is built up just for a singular payoff
- The "Sequel" setup - That is my biggest gripe. It comes out of the left field:
So when the last fight starts Mordo is fine with Strange using the eye of Agomoto to turn back time. Then they start fighting but Kaecilius blasts them off. He then encourages Strange to get up to fight again at which point Strange flies off to make a deal with Dormammu. When Strange comes back and turns back the time completely, Mordo's heart seems to have changed. He says "law of nature" has been broken and walks off. If he was not "okay" with the whole thing, why dint he walk off earlier when the eye was first used. Its just a bs reason to setup the sequel

Doctor Strange:

7/10.

Its a hit. Massive hit perhaps. Comedy is good. Lot of cheesy or cliche moments. But the character build up seem to be bit too hurried for me. Just me.
And the resolution during the boss fight seems, too easy.

Back