Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Haider - 8/10

Found it the weakest among Bharadwaj's bard trilogy. Movie could have been tighter in execution; I found the editing a bit scattered. Haven't read the play so don't know if the pacing is indeed inspired from the play itself. Acting is first-rate from all concerned. Visuals/cinematography is stunning as is the soundtrack and background score.

After watching the movie I can't seem to avoid the feeling that may be Hamlet is too diverse and complicated a play to be summed up in a feature film; more so considering that a marriage of Kashmir's reality of the 90s and the play's central story is no mean feat in itself.

P. S. - When the CBFC certification was shown at the beginning of the movie, the title was displayed as "Haider (Revised)". Does this mean the file was chopped at places?
Could it be the reason why the pacing/editing felt a bit out of place?

Will definitely grab an HD copy once it arrives on trackers to see if it was censored. And yes, for repeat viewing as well. What a trilogy it has been, three classics spread across 10 years!

After watching the movie I can't seem to avoid the feeling that may be Hamlet is too diverse and complicated a play to be summed up in a feature film; more so considering that a marriage of Kashmir's reality of the 90s and the play's central story is no mean feat in itself.

The reason that i avoided reading the novel. Still in two minds about this though.

P. S. - When the CBFC certification was shown at the beginning of the movie, the title was displayed as "Haider (Revised)". Does this mean the file was chopped at places?
Could it be the reason why the pacing/editing felt a bit out of place?

Revised should indicate censorship, but didnt came across any official news.. Did read this:
When a filmmaker makes a movie where the concept of 'Hindustan' has a key role to play, isn't it easier to make something like a Gadar - no shades of grey, the hero effortlessly uproots handpumps and wins against everyone because he's a hot-blooded patriot? If a movie, in trying to tell both sides of a story, has shades of being 'anti-India', it's likely to cause angst as well as censor troubles.How do you walk that tightrope? How does a creative individual work his way around the jingoism of the mass audience?

I'm also an Indian, I'm also a patriot, I also love my nation. So I won't do anything which is anti-national. But what is anti-human, I will definitely comment on it. That is what I have done in the film as well. I am definitely not anti-national, I am only against what is anti-human. I have had not a single objection raised to any scene, any dialogue in my film being cleared (by the CBFC).

Still i think there are incentives to wait for the director's cut (IF that ever happens/is in the pipeline). Very interested in the movie.

Bhoothnath Returns - 7/10
Watched with kids and enjoyed a lot

Total Recall (2012) - 6/10
The ambiguous ending of the original had its own charm. They should have kept it.

saw 1080 rips for the first time on my 48"led and was blown away by the quality!totally worth the extra bandwidth!
-How to train your dragon II-8/10
should have seen this in 3D at the theaters!totally missed it. the sequel was actually as good as the original-now thats pretty rare-good character development, great CG, some real good music. loved it!
-Despicable me II-5/10
almost no story line. seems like was only made to cash in on the originals success. I think this has zero repeat value-unlike the original. The minions are wonderful to watch though.

-Haider-8/10
beautiful tale, great cinematography, and soothing music. can feel the pain of loss of a paradise and the loss for its people. Vishal Bharwadaj you are a master story teller-hats off to you! Irfan touches your "Rooh" and Tabu-oh Tabu!

Anabelle - 7/10.
Had all the right elements but movie was too slow and into story building which could have been better
Some of scary scenes were original and good.

* The Fault In Our Stars - 9/10

It's beautiful romantic movie and i mostly avoid watching romantic type genre but after "The Notebook" this movie is something that i actually find really worth watching which is based on John Green's famous title book, which is of course i didn't read it yet but after watching this movie, I feel like I should grab this book cause story it feels so genuine in their performance of emotion and pain that endeavors to its end, great script and editing plus awesome soundtracks.

* The Grand Budapest Hotel - 8/10

Nicely written, touching performance and cinematography was great also it's great to see Ralph in different good.

* Edge Of Tomorrow 7/10

Movie concept was awesome plus no doubt on Tom's amazing acting and performance which i always enjoys but Emily blunt was horrible, I like Emily but particularly in this movie she feels so off in a character.

* Neighbour 7.5/10

Great comedy flick from Seth Rogen, recommend to watch it if you like his acting, I must say he really nailed it in this movie.

* Sex Tape 2/10 (Don't even bother to watch it.)

Last week watched Enemy - didn't liked much. Felt kinda boring at few times.
Just some story of two similar looking guys...didn't think beyond that untill I saw this video.
Now I got it - good one. :D :D

(video contains spoiler)
[DOUBLEPOST=1413451957][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think everyone would disagree on Emily Blunt part, She was such a badass and on par with Tom Cruise on acting part....
+1

* The Fault In Our Stars - 9/10

It's beautiful romantic movie and i mostly avoid watching romantic type genre but after "The Notebook" this movie is something that i actually find really worth watching which is based on John Green's famous title book, which is of course i didn't read it yet but after watching this movie, I feel like I should grab this book cause story it feels so genuine in their performance of emotion and pain that endeavors to its end, great script and editing plus awesome soundtracks.

My rating of your taste in entertainment is 1/10 on the imdb scale.

I think everyone would disagree on Emily Blunt part, She was such a badass and on par with Tom Cruise on acting part....

Don't get me wrong, Mostly I watched movies of Emily was either comedy or drama so I think that maybe i felt little underperformed about her in Edge Of Tomorrow and honestly it feels like her character little bit fabricated by Tom's spontaneous acting and that makes her look badass, so everybody think she was perfect, then I guess my opinion won't matter.

My rating of your taste in entertainment is 1/10 on the imdb scale.

Really ??
Mostly no one really cares about what is my taste in entertainment on your IMDB scale sorry to say but its your problem not mine.

Back