Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 : This movie turned out so much better than expected. Good concept, great visuals with serious action. Emil Blunt as the Full Metal B**** was kick-ass.

This is the End - 7.5/10 : This movie is sick!!! And I loved every minute of it. Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Jonah Hill, James Franco playing exaggerated versions of themselves in an apocalyptic setting. If that premise sounds outrageous, wait till you see the movie. The movie is full of gags which are funny as hell. Must watch for lovers of mindless screwball comedies.

How to train your dragon 2 :- 7/10.. Animation, visuals and artwork was awesome, but compared to first one this was way below. But it was a good effort and not like milking the cow.

^I never thought I would like This is the End after I saw the trailer. Now I don't know why I like that movie :p
That's the point. It just cannot be described. But the whole outrageous setting and characters just come together. Watch out for some unexpected but hilarious cameos.

Watched Edge of tomorrow.Liked it.However I have a query regarding the climax.Please dont read further if you have not watched the movie

Cage destroys Omega and in the process he too gets killed.But how can the time be reset again since omega(who resets the time when alpha dies) is already dead.If at all the time is reset,how is it that destruction of omega is not reverted in the new day whereas everything else is reset?

Watched Edge of tomorrow.Liked it.However I have a query regarding the climax.Please dont read further if you have not watched the movie

Cage destroys Omega and in the process he too gets killed.But how can the time be reset again since omega(who resets the time when alpha dies) is already dead.If at all the time is reset,how is it that destruction of omega is not reverted in the new day whereas everything else is reset?
Thats just Hollywood for you. The mushy ending is required. If it was a serious one, not many will like it.
Actually in the source material - a Japanese light novel called "All you need is Kill":
Once Cage (or the protagonist ) tells Rita about the loop, they find and kill the Omega. The loop still doesn't end. Rita hypothesis that she has also become a part of the network and she needs to be killed for the loop to end. So during the last battle she attacks Cage and he kills her ending the battle (but not the war).

Edge of Tomorrow - 5/5

Good action-comedy flick. In fact, when I 1st heard of a timeshiftwallah Tom Cruise movie, I thought it'll be a serious, gritty movie (Minority Report/12 Monkeys). But was I pleasantly surprised! My advice to anyone who's wanting to watch this would be to avoid knowing any more about the plot.

Great performances all round including Bill Paxton. Emily Blunt = Milla Jovovich + better acting. Great concept art & execution for the Mimic & the exosuit. Nice pacing, decent ending.

& probably my most favourite part is it's uncomplicated :). (I enjoy movies like Inception for their complexity. But at the same time, the enjoyment of the movie is marred somewhat because you're taxing your brain. In this case, while a reading of the basic plot might imply a similar mind-bender, it's not the case at all).

@superman
All the assumptions we make as an audience are based on the Prof./Dr.'s theories. Maybe there are other variables which have an influence we don't know about. Or maybe it's just a great big plot hole! Either way, you'll find enough theories on the web.

My simplistic explanation - Omega blood is superior to Alpha blood. Omega blood enters Cruise while he's alive (he's just unconscious). In effect, he is the Omega. He probably now has the ability to go a few hours further back in time. So he does exactly that, kills the Omega & wakes up next morning in the helicopter.

Of course, someone will come along & tear this theory to shreds. (Isn't that what such threads & posts are for?!). & I'm still working on why he would be dazed & confused when he wakes up in the copter.

& now you got me reading on this ending way more than I should.

Other more credible theories sourced from the comments sections on the web-

The mimics are adjusting every time Cage travels back and attempts to make it through the beach. Therefore, when he actually blows up the Omega, they reset him to a point in the timeline where he is not being shipped off to fight. They play
dead the way they let themselves be beat in Verdun so everyone believes that a
happy ending is inevitable- characters and viewers alike!
-justinmarcus
url- http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Edge-Tomorrow-Ending-Explained-How-It-Differs-From-Book-43381.html

Whenever an Alpha dies, Omega resets time to an earlier point when the Alpha is alive, and lets it retain the memory from the previous loop so it can do better in this new instance. After Cage killed the Alpha on the beach and got poured with its blood, he became the Alpha and replaced it in all the following loops. That's why we don't see the Alpha again on the beach in all of the later loops. At the moment "wake up, maggot" the Alpha on the beach dies right away because it is replaced by Cage in this instance. At the end of the movie Cage killed Omega and got the blood too, he then again became Omega and replaced it in the new loop. So when he woke up in the chopper that exact moment Omega dies, because in this instance it is replaced by Cage.

Another popular argument on the internet now is that Cage didn't lose the power to reset. The final battle is too perfectly executed for the first timer, considering how many times he had to die and learn on the beach. (One can argue that he was a rookie back then and he is 100 times better than a veteran now, but this is still the boss fight we are talking about.) Some people say there are scenes such as putting one grenade in the crack to close the hole and keep outside mimics from entering Louvre, and shooting to the top of the aircraft killing mimics up there blindly. He didn't die right away when the Alpha stabbed him, not until he got bathed with Omega and then drowned. So he didn't reset back to the beach Alpha's saved game. He reset back to the Omega's saved game which is earlier.

A tiny detail is the reset time is not exactly the wake up time, not necessarily. It could be minutes or hours earlier. Before "wake up, maggot!" he was out for who knows how long. He only gains conscious and is aware of the new loop when he is awake. Similarly the last reset he was asleep on the chopper, the reset time point from the Omega could be earlier than the time he wakes up.
-alex
url- http://www.mtv.com/news/1841519/edge-of-tomorrow-ending/

Hth!

Last edited:
How To Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.7/10
Really did surpassed expectations. Even with badly scratched 3D glasses, i wasnt complaining much.
Last half an hour really delivered the knock out punch.

Was surprised how much they crammed in less than 2 hr movie.

How to steal a million - 7.4/10
Sweet Ms Hepburn's nice little movie. Good + Light fun.

We are the millers - 6/10
Never really hit the crescendo it promised. Cast performed admirably, but maybe the director was lousy.

Well, here's a strange query - have anyone watched the Twilight Series?

My teenage niece is asking me for the movies and this time she had even sent me a pen drive to copy the movies into.
But, since I haven't watched the movies myself, I just wanted to know if the movies are recommended for a 15 years old?
(I just don't want to in some awkward position in front of her parents. :D)

Well, here's a strange query - have anyone watched the Twilight Series?

My teenage niece is asking me for the movies and this time she had even sent me a pen drive to copy the movies into.
But, since I haven't watched the movies myself, I just wanted to know if the movies are recommended for a 15 years old?
(I just don't want to in some awkward position in front of her parents. :D)
Yes, completely OK for a teenager for watch. And if you don't give it to her, she will just get it from somewhere else. You'll be forever uncool uncle in her eyes :p

Hehe I was just going to write that.

It's a bad series pretty sure she'll grow out of it eventually, but no use keeping teenagers away from Pop culture.

You can slip in a nice movie from the top 250 IMDB just to keep the bad taste in check :)

So, before starting, I would say, I respect our soldiers. But this movie was the worst of all. Some facts:

- Had Sonakshi Sinah - pretty self explanatory.
- Akshay's smiling face is getting much more annoying than funny.
- Akshay's previous movies were most of em flop, with some expections and this was as expected was the same.
- I watch alot of Hollywood movies and shows and I know we can't ever compare bollywood to that, but there has to be a standard maintained. This movie looks like producer gave crores to the cast and movie was with may be like 20lakh budget. With DIA and secret agency stuff, I was expecting some tech stuff. All I got was a GPS tracker, ya ****in' kidding me?
- No idea why even the love story in this was necessary.
- Akshay's acting was so 3rd class here. Just FYI, I'm a huge fan of him from movies like Welcome, and Humko Deewana Kar gaye and many more.
- Many unexplained scenes were there, though don't have the movie now and I'm not at all interested in downloading it, so little hard to tell. May be you guys can tell me some scenes, I'm sure I'll be able to recognize the moments.
- This shitty movie earned it's spot in 100 crore club just few days back, lolwut?

Now, I generally lurk around computer and mobile sections here in this forum, but had to make this thread just coz the movie sucked donkeyz balls according to me, but I was talking to couple of friends in college today and they loved it. They don't watch much Hollywood stuff so may be that's it? Anyways, just wanna know the forum members reaction to this movie. Any views?

Back