Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

PAA-1 Vs SE535

It is fun comparing my two ends of earphones, one is IEM other is earbud, more than that one is $400 other is $20, now for audiophile quality sound description looks elsewhere =P let's start the match, it is exactly the fight between Achilles and Hector, there was no contest, there is nothing Hector can do to survive against Achilles, it is the same case no way PAA-1 is going to beat SE535 on technical and sound skill, so the PAA-1 was crushed by SE535? actually not, in the Troy movie when asked about who is the nicest guy? Hector has plenty of chance to win this one, and my choice would be Hector. In the same way, when a you listen to a song, what will be the music composer intention? Is that you have to see his instruments arrangements ?, how a player played the instrument? What is the tone, timbre, color of instruments used and voices? Big NO, as much as he appreciates the ability off his fans picking the nuances of composition/arrangement, there is a bigger Attribute here, the byproduct of all the arrangements, tune, vocals which is the song's ability to evoke rich feelings that is specific to the genre/movie-context attempted. So back to Troy, fighting is a skill, there is also another attribute to given person, is he a nice guy?, Hector may not posses the skill of Achilles, but he sure is a better man. In the PAA-1 it may not belt out all the bass, mids, lows or show instrument separation, so on of all sound nuances, but it sure gets the byproduct of the song right, you will enjoy the song which is what I call 'fun' factor... big happy man I'm with very well done by HiSoundAudio their entry level earbud.

^^ Formatting, composition, grammar. You killed them all.

Apart from the fact that I have not seen Troy and can make out bollocks of your views. =|

^^ Formatting, composition, grammar. You killed them all.

Apart from the fact that I have not seen Troy and can make out bollocks of your views. =|

in the same way I couldn't get anything you are trying to tell me :D like 'You killed them all' which is meant for bad writing?! 'make out bollocks of your views' what is it?! what I wrote total nonsense and not seeing Troy you somehow able to understand my views!?!...

Still :p Reg. Formatting, composition, Grammar, it was a rundown of thoughts I typed in my phone browser. Also I don't give a damn to English correctness, the languages are meant for communication, as much as well written post can surpass easily any poorly written one, the important point is you get the gist of writing! I'm strong believer of that and what I type is directly blunted! out...one more point of interest reg the subject, no matter how well written if the author is 'Indian' you'll get poor feedback for English, you can see how many amazon reviews telling how poor the English usage is and what the editor is doing for all Indian/Non-US/Non-UK books, you can see the similar comments even for Mahatma Gandhi Experiments of Truth!

This is same way how you experience Music, it can become 'Sound' and scrutinized critically(audiophile with Tera Player!) or stays 'Music' brings out joy/sorrow/emotions/feelings/whatever which a tired poor guy with old FM radio enjoys everyday!
p.s. I'm not arguing are picking a fight just my point of view, I'm glad you are able to voice your opinion albeit ironically in un-English! way

^^ Okay I will put it in the most blunt manner I can without any figures of speech OR English terms thrown in --

"I did not understand any of your views."

Why are you comparing the two IEM's, what music do you listen too, what is the source?

If anyone can make sense of the quagmire that you have belted out, it is you. I cannot take the gist of the the post and hence I said the post is illegible and poorly worded.

It is fun comparing my two ends of earphones, one is IEM other is earbud, more than that one is $400 other is $20, now for audiophile quality sound description looks elsewhere =Plet's start the match, it is exactly the fight between Achilles and Hector, there was no contest, there is nothing Hector can do to survive against Achilles, it is the same case no way PAA-1 is going to beat SE535 on technical and sound skill, so the PAA-1 was crushed by SE535? actually not, in the Troy movie when asked about who is the nicest guy? Hector has plenty of chance to win this one, and my choice would be Hector. In the same way, when a you listen to a song, what will be the music composer intention? Is that you have to see his instruments arrangements ?, how a player (musician) played the instrument? What is the tone, timbre, color of instruments used and voices? Big NO, as much as he appreciates the ability off his fans picking the nuances of composition/arrangement, there is a bigger Attribute here, the byproduct of all the arrangements, tune, vocals which is the song's ability to evoke rich feelings that is specific to the genre/movie-context attempted. So back to Troy, fighting is a skill, there is also another attribute to given person, is he a nice guy?, Hector may not posses the skill of Achilles, but he sure is a better man. In the PAA-1 it may not belt out all the bass, mids, lows or show instrument separation, so on of all sound nuances, but it sure gets the byproduct of the song right, you will enjoy the song which is what I call 'fun' factor... big happy man I'm with very well done by HiSoundAudio their entry level earbud.

What are you comparing. The fighting skill of two mythical characters against the backdrop of an IEM vs. Earbud? And if you are comparing at least list the points cohesively.

^^ I can't agree more! it was a utter nonsensical rant! the thread was named as rants and my post can be considered as one of the silly example of that. I was so impressed with PAA-1 and then I started typing those, but there was disclaimer it was a fun comparison, never told it was anything other than that particularly it is not analytical comparison of sound signatures. So what is the Gist (if any)? We were so consumed by Sound analysis and constantly in the hunt of better source and gears we lose track of enjoying the Music and experiencing the benefits...also the magic lure of Higher end DAPs/Gears blind us and they take center spot in our mind which originally belongs to Music, which can be experienced by inexpensive gadgets (earbuds to fm radios) not only by Hi-Fi sources...my recent purchase of Clip+ & Paa-1 made me realize this more than my expensive gadgets...

Santoshr
Totally agree mate , there used to be times when i used to download .rm format (with a dialup this is the best format ) 500 kb audio files and still enjoy my music . Then i learnt about bitrate started downloading better quality songs , used to use EP630 and HD202 and was very happy with the audio setup . Then i stepped into the upgrade every 6 months world ,buy lot of things not satisfied by most of the things end up with a cash loss . From all my endeavors which i may still continue i can conclude that music sounds best when you are tired and want some relaxation from music or particular situations , otherwise even a 1000$ headphone may not satisfy you .

my recent purchase of Clip+ & Paa-1 made me realize this more than my expensive gadgets.

Thank you, this made sense.

Even the other paragraph will make sense, I do not want you to do a critical analysis but at-least frame and compose the words in such a way that I don't have to rack my brain to understand what you want to convey.

07#3rw153 3v3ry0n3 c4n 7yp3 l1k3 7#1s 4nd n0 0n3 c4n s4y 4n7#1ng. Capisce.

Was about to buy the LCD2 Rev2.....ditched that plan and came ever so close to buying the JH-13s again. There's a sale on and I reached the check out stage on the JHA site before sanity prevailed. Must resist .....only 3 days of self control needed :|

FYI for those of you who are interested....a friend mentioned something about hifiman bringing out two new iems......didn't see anything on their webpage though.

I listen to anything that I like :) Really don't have particular affinity to a genre but honestly I'd like IEM that gives decent bass punch, sparkle and bright treble sound. I thought of M4 from MP4Nation but paypal is giving hard time removing limitation. Its been 18 days.

And finally there is no limitation on paypal account. I'm thinking buying off MP4Nation. I'm confused between M4 and R1. Which one you guys should think be good value for money.

I have got sony Mh1C one month back after reading so much about them in head fi. Initial impressions are okish and the fit is worst. So after using for 30 mins or so i kept them aside. 2 days back when i am cleaning my desk i stumbled upon them again. Thought of trying for considerable amount of time. As my cowon J3 is not with me i need to use note 2 as my music source. after spending more than 12 hours or so i have all praises for this Budjet IEMs. No wonder these receive that much hype from head fi. I believe burning in did the trick. They started sounding better hour by hour. The bass is so tight and very sweet to listen. The treble mids sound stage everything is so musical atleast for a non audiophile like me. I am eager to try these with my J3 instead of Note 2. Infact i find these IEMs better than M2 and sunsrise Excape IE in terms of clarity and seperation. bass levels are on par with M2.I am so happy with these IEMs now i once thought i wasted 1300/- for just to test a hyped IEM. Now no regrets.Moreover these has built in mic which makes a perfect match for my Note 2. BTW note 2 seems to have good built in DAC like i9000. Now Mh1 is my main IEM:D

IEMs i own which are less than 2000 are tekfusion twinwoofer, sennheiser Cx180.Compared to them MH1C wins hands down. But these definitely has a bad fit. So for office use where you sit at a place these might be good.

Hey guys what could be good option for IEM under 2k?

Hello Pranay i definitely recommend these if fit is not an issue. I bought for 1300 from ebay.in.

EDIT: I just searched for them in ebay and the price seems to be bumped now. Even in amazon they priced above 60$. WTF. I am lucky then:p

Have the MH1C too. Haven't seen it in a while. Used it for about half an hour, sounded just average....... Terrible terrible cable.

I have got sony Mh1C one month back after reading so much about them in head fi. Initial impressions are okish and the fit is worst. So after using for 30 mins or so i kept them aside. 2 days back when i am cleaning my desk i stumbled upon them again. Thought of trying for considerable amount of time. As my cowon J3 is not with me i need to use note 2 as my music source. after spending more than 12 hours or so i have all praises for this Budjet IEMs. No wonder these receive that much hype from head fi. I believe burning in did the trick. They started sounding better hour by hour. The bass is so tight and very sweet to listen. The treble mids sound stage everything is so musical atleast for a non audiophile like me. I am eager to try these with my J3 instead of Note 2. Infact i find these IEMs better than M2 and sunsrise Excape IE in terms of clarity and seperation. bass levels are on par with M2.I am so happy with these IEMs now i once thought i wasted 1300/- for just to test a hyped IEM. Now no regrets.Moreover these has built in mic which makes a perfect match for my Note 2. BTW note 2 seems to have good built in DAC like i9000. Now Mh1 is my main IEM:D

IEMs i own which are less than 2000 are tekfusion twinwoofer, sennheiser Cx180.Compared to them MH1C wins hands down. But these definitely has a bad fit. So for office use where you sit at a place these might be good.

Hello Pranay i definitely recommend these if fit is not an issue. I bought for 1300 from ebay.in.

EDIT: I just searched for them in ebay and the price seems to be bumped now. Even in amazon they priced above 60$. WTF. I am lucky then:p

Any idea of its comparison to klipsch s4?

Back