CPU/Mobo RAM Upgradation Dialamaa

para

Disciple
RAM Upgradation Dilemma

Hi Friends

As the DDRIII RAM prices are came down nowdays, so I am thinking of go for an upgrade.

Currently I am using 1*2GB Kingston DDRIII 1333MHz with Gigabyte GA-MA 785GMT USB3, AMD Phenom 555BE and ATI 4200 IGP.

I'm confused between, should I go for one more 1*2GB DDRIII 1333 which will make my total RAM to 4GB or Should I opt for 1*4GB 1333 which will become 6GB in total.

Does 6GB a worth to go for, in performence perspective?
I use my PC for casual gaming, Programing, Movies.

Please suggest. (Other Suggestion regarding above is also welcome).

Thanks.

PS: MODs I'm not sure if I am starting this tread in right section. If not please move. Sorry for your inconvenience if any ;)

It all depends on what Os u have ;)

means a 32 bit won't give you a kicka** performance but a 64 bits oS will help you out for shore :)

64 bits can utilize more then 4 gb and so application which requires more rendering power can utilize more ram and that gives us the BOOST we are taking about :D

tough for that also we require a 64 bits application for seeing that kind of boost .

In gaming personally I didn't forund any kind of boost as it's all about GPUs and so NO for games but yes for applications like Photoshop, Dreamweaver , after effects and any video editing software.

IF u have a 4 ram slots on mobo then just buy the 8 gb kit and enjoy with them and sell the 2 gb model

I personally wont stick to that single Stick as it's a different model then that of the one you are thinking of buying { sometime compatibility problem are caused }.

I hope I have given you some good advice ;) and do wait for our senior members to give some light on this topic :D

R0@CH said:
First of clear your Mind,
Whether you want to upgrade your RAM or a LAMA....................lol
..Ah!....Typooooooooooooo
for my all spelling experties, I will give credit to MS Word Spell Checker which always kept away me from Dictionary...:bleh:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

princeoo7 said:
It all depends on what Os u have ;)

means a 32 bit won't give you a kicka** performance but a 64 bits oS will help you out for shore :)

64 bits can utilize more then 4 gb and so application which requires more rendering power can utilize more ram and that gives us the BOOST we are taking about :D

tough for that also we require a 64 bits application for seeing that kind of boost .

In gaming personally I didn't forund any kind of boost as it's all about GPUs and so NO for games but yes for applications like Photoshop, Dreamweaver , after effects and any video editing software.

IF u have a 4 ram slots on mobo then just buy the 8 gb kit and enjoy with them and sell the 2 gb model

I personally wont stick to that single Stick as it's a different model then that of the one you are thinking of buying { sometime compatibility problem are caused }.

I hope I have given you some good advice ;) and do wait for our senior members to give some light on this topic :D

Thanks Price007 for you reply. :hap2:

Currently I'm using Win7 32 Bit (Planing to upgrade to 64Bit by borrowing from a friend :cool2:)
Yes my MMOBO has 4 ram slots, but can you please explain what is this 8GB Kit and how much it will cost.?
Also I'm planning to upgrade to a mid or low end GPU as I am finding it difficult to play most of the newer games on current IGP ATI Readon4200 (with Samsung Syncmaster 2233SW)

It's good that you gave your os,mobo and reso info,8gb kit=2X4gb 1600mhz sticks which will cost you around 3-3.5k[gskill ripjaws or corsair xms3 are the options],it would be better if you get 6-7k gpu for full hd gaming,you can play games at mid level setting.You can sell your existing ram and get a new 8gb 1600mhz kit,otherwise the new 1600mhz ram will under clock to 1333mhz.

Back