CPU/Mobo RAM Upgradation Dialamaa

para

Disciple
Apr 19, 2010
RAM Upgradation Dilemma

Hi Friends

As the DDRIII RAM prices are came down nowdays, so I am thinking of go for an upgrade.

Currently I am using 1*2GB Kingston DDRIII 1333MHz with Gigabyte GA-MA 785GMT USB3, AMD Phenom 555BE and ATI 4200 IGP.

I'm confused between, should I go for one more 1*2GB DDRIII 1333 which will make my total RAM to 4GB or Should I opt for 1*4GB 1333 which will become 6GB in total.

Does 6GB a worth to go for, in performence perspective?
I use my PC for casual gaming, Programing, Movies.

Please suggest. (Other Suggestion regarding above is also welcome).

Thanks.

PS: MODs I'm not sure if I am starting this tread in right section. If not please move. Sorry for your inconvenience if any ;)

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Jun 10, 2010
Mumbai
It all depends on what Os u have ;)

means a 32 bit won't give you a kicka** performance but a 64 bits oS will help you out for shore :)

64 bits can utilize more then 4 gb and so application which requires more rendering power can utilize more ram and that gives us the BOOST we are taking about :D

tough for that also we require a 64 bits application for seeing that kind of boost .

In gaming personally I didn't forund any kind of boost as it's all about GPUs and so NO for games but yes for applications like Photoshop, Dreamweaver , after effects and any video editing software.

IF u have a 4 ram slots on mobo then just buy the 8 gb kit and enjoy with them and sell the 2 gb model

I personally wont stick to that single Stick as it's a different model then that of the one you are thinking of buying { sometime compatibility problem are caused }.

I hope I have given you some good advice ;) and do wait for our senior members to give some light on this topic :D

para

Disciple
Apr 19, 2010
R0@CH said:
First of clear your Mind,
Whether you want to upgrade your RAM or a LAMA....................lol
..Ah!....Typooooooooooooo
for my all spelling experties, I will give credit to MS Word Spell Checker which always kept away me from Dictionary...:bleh:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

princeoo7 said:
It all depends on what Os u have ;)

means a 32 bit won't give you a kicka** performance but a 64 bits oS will help you out for shore :)

64 bits can utilize more then 4 gb and so application which requires more rendering power can utilize more ram and that gives us the BOOST we are taking about :D

tough for that also we require a 64 bits application for seeing that kind of boost .

In gaming personally I didn't forund any kind of boost as it's all about GPUs and so NO for games but yes for applications like Photoshop, Dreamweaver , after effects and any video editing software.

IF u have a 4 ram slots on mobo then just buy the 8 gb kit and enjoy with them and sell the 2 gb model

I personally wont stick to that single Stick as it's a different model then that of the one you are thinking of buying { sometime compatibility problem are caused }.

I hope I have given you some good advice ;) and do wait for our senior members to give some light on this topic :D

Thanks Price007 for you reply. :hap2:

Currently I'm using Win7 32 Bit (Planing to upgrade to 64Bit by borrowing from a friend :cool2:)
Yes my MMOBO has 4 ram slots, but can you please explain what is this 8GB Kit and how much it will cost.?
Also I'm planning to upgrade to a mid or low end GPU as I am finding it difficult to play most of the newer games on current IGP ATI Readon4200 (with Samsung Syncmaster 2233SW)

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai
It's good that you gave your os,mobo and reso info,8gb kit=2X4gb 1600mhz sticks which will cost you around 3-3.5k[gskill ripjaws or corsair xms3 are the options],it would be better if you get 6-7k gpu for full hd gaming,you can play games at mid level setting.You can sell your existing ram and get a new 8gb 1600mhz kit,otherwise the new 1600mhz ram will under clock to 1333mhz.