Queries related to passport

@terence_fdes

Don't try the rescheduling thing. Don't risk your appointment. But please confirm me one thing. When you tried to do the booking, before you actually got the appointment, did you get the tentative date you would get appointment on, as @logistopath mentioned ?
If you did, then was it 17th July only ?

If this is how it works, then probably i will have to login everyday at 3 PM to see what tentative date i can get and then when the date falls within my range, i do booking then.

Last edited by a moderator:
@terence_fdes

..........When you tried to do the booking, before you actually got the appointment, did you get the tentative date you would get appointment on, as @logistopath mentioned ?
If you did, then was it 17th July only ?

There were NO tentative dates/scheduled timings in my case.... "Just 17th July & 12:15 hrs" & I had to 'confirm' if I wanted it or 'cancel'. This is not like the Railways Online Booking - where we see availability of dates/trains/class etc.

If this is how it works, then probably i will have to login everyday at 3 PM to see what tentative date i can get and then when the date falls within my range, i do booking then.

Yes the above is the ONLY method & the 3pm hour is 'critical' - you cannot waste even a milli-second on any deliberations :confused: . I am not sure that this is a sequential routine (i.e: appointments done today will be scheduled for 18thJuly, tomorrow 19thJuly and so on....)

Ohk. Yes this confirmation i was asking. The date and time you got. This is important for me. So i can try logging in everyday, see what date and time it offers and CONFIRM if i like else CANCEL and try again next day.

Ohk. Yes this confirmation i was asking. The date and time you got. This is important for me. So i can try logging in everyday, see what date and time it offers and CONFIRM if i like else CANCEL and try again next day.

I also have this info [appointment capacity per day]
Andheri PSK - 160
Malad PSK - 360
Parel PSK - 520

Further - from the passport site
Once an appointment at Passport Seva Kendra is confirmed, it can be rescheduled/ canceled only twice within a year of the first appointment date.

Online payment list of cities/towns - [Mumbai name is not there] - https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/mandatoryPymntRPO

Most of the time it was with Local Police station and then Thane Police also took long time , actually if you follow up they do nothing unless you pay them but its the usual time for most not surprising

Most of the time it was with Local Police station and then Thane Police also took long time , actually if you follow up they do nothing unless you pay them but its the usual time for most not surprising

Oh dear :banghead:
What is the procedure - does a havaldar first come to your place & does the verification followed by you going to the Pol Stn & who interviews you then (the SP or Station in Charge?). Would paying the havaldar - chai-pani help ?

police verification done today after an impressive 20 days only ... no bribes nothing. Guy comes in, checks everything, leaves. Totally professional and damn fast.

FYI....Mumbai and Pune along with many other PSKs now require you to do prepayment of the fees online before booking the appointment.

Thanks... Amazing. I just checked Mumbai - all PSK's were listed.

Now I do not see any place where I can make the payment (for the appointment already booked 2 days ago.....).

Methinks they have now changed the procedure for the "Appointments" - see below
To pay using Credit/Debit Card or Internet Banking
Step 1. Click the "Schedule Appointment" link, select the appointment quota (i.e. Tatkaal Quota or Normal Quota (required only for Tatkaal ARN cases)), select the desired Passport Seva Kendra, and click the Next>> button.
Step 2. Click the Pay and Book Appointment button to redirect to State Bank of India's Multi Option Payment System (MOPS).
Step 3. Select the Mode of Payment (NET BANKING or CARD PAYMENTS), follow the instructions and make payment. Please do not click the Back button or refresh the page, as this may lead to failure of transaction.
Step 4. Once the payment is successful, an appointment will be booked automatically for the selected Passport Seva Kendra and the "Appointment Confirmation" screen of PSP Portal will be displayed.

@terence_fdes

For you the prepayment is not applicable. You shall be paying normally when you visit the PSK.[DOUBLEPOST=1372411234][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw i am planning to make payment beforehand after i create my application since i don't want the automatically booking of appointment after payment as stated above.

Now that the payment system is in place, things have changed a bit. So I have few queries now.

1. I see that there is no way to make payment say now and take the actual appointment booking after few days. Everything has to happen at the same time. So does it show you the time and date I would be getting BEFORE I actually make the payment ? Because I would not want to go ahead with payment if the date is not what I want.

2. In case point 1 is not possible, then can I reschedule it to ANY date of my liking or how does it work ? Anyone ever rescheduled their appointment recently.

3. Is there any website Or forum where people taking appointment are also saying which PSK they chose and what date they got ? Like Terence booked 2 back and got date of 17th July. Anywhere else where people are discussing these things ? I think there might not be but can always ask.

Also I would appreciate if anyone does take appointment in any PSK in India, just make a post here about when you took the appointment (tried to book) and for which date you got appointment for.

Now that the payment system is in place, things have changed a bit. So I have few queries now.

Not yet my friend..... More & more PSK's are slowly being added to the national grid (If we look carefully at all the available PSK's for online payment, we see that there are yet many, many States whose major cities are not yet covered )

1. I see that there is no way to make payment say now and take the actual appointment booking after few days. Everything has to happen at the same time. So does it show you the time and date I would be getting BEFORE I actually make the payment ? Because I would not want to go ahead with payment if the date is not what I want.

For Mumbai PSK's - Click on 'schedule apptmt' at the sacred hour only - then if this works (you see the next screen) for making payment > after completing this step > you see the date/time of your appointment. Remember that there is a window of just 1-5 minutes before all appointments get full - NOTE THE APPOINTMENT OPENING TIMINGS HERE

2. In case point 1 is not possible, then can I reschedule it to ANY date of my liking or how does it work ? Anyone ever rescheduled their appointment recently.

3. Is there any website Or forum where people taking appointment are also saying which PSK they chose and what date they got ? Like Terence booked 2 back and got date of 17th July. Anywhere else where people are discussing these things ? I think there might not be but can always ask.

Also I would appreciate if anyone does take appointment in any PSK in India, just make a post here about when you took the appointment (tried to book) and for which date you got appointment for.
[/QUOTE]

Appmts can be re-scheduled only 2 times in a year..... after which you forfeit your payment (if it has been made) or you cannot book any more apptmts - if there was a 'no-show' on your part (after two times)

I will be re-scheduling my appmt tomorrow ....... and will keep you guys updated.

Do let us know Terence. I meant that if anyone has rescheduled appointment to any date he wanted to.

RADICAL UPDATES :happy:

I rescheduled my appointment at 08:59 pm today & got a new & confirmed appointment for 02/07/2013 at Andheri - PSK
Payment made online
[The earlier scheduled appmt was booked on 26/06/13 and scheduled date was 17/07/13 ...... online payment could not be made as Mumbai got activated TODAY)

YES - You do get to see ONLY the date of the available appointment (I was wrong in my earlier posts ....... as I was rushing through things each time)
You will get a warning stating - you have ONLY 2 attempts left (or else you many not be able to apply for another year :eek:)
You have roughly 5 mins only to complete the entire transaction - (once you proceed to 'payment' the appointment can be considered as booked ........ unless there is a technical glitch)
===============

[I now decided to go the whole hog ..... and get these passports for my wife & daughter too]...... My case is extremely 'urgent'

so I got down to filling up my wife's details - downloaded the e-form & uploaded it later.

Her appointment too was confirmed at 09:58 pm for 02/07/13 (first attempt & payment made). Her apptmt is 45 mins after my own....... which means that 2 other persons scheduled their apptms in the interim one-hour at the Andheri-psk tonight!!!

I could not proceed with my daughters appln - as I was too confused with the details of the form (she is 3 months short of 12 years)...... tried filling up her form online ......... by which time

Website is under maintenance
We will be back by 08:00 AM IST June 29, 2013

For Immigration login please click below
Immigration Login

Will try again tomorrow for her.

OBSERVATIONS & querries
1] I am totally confused about the 'online' booking timings - I do not know how I was able to complete my thing this evening ...... earlier at various times during the day, nothing worked ..... I had to wait until the 3 pm deadline for Mumbai. Even then by 3:05 everything was over.
2] ..... so is there another 'window' that opens up at a certain time wherein - appointments can be booked & paid for .......... and for how long is this 'active.

3] Is it 'absolutely' necessary to also fill up my daughters appln online & make payment (can't we just "WALK-IN" with her ) ?

BUT I am relieved in many ways :cat::happy: (thanks @raksrules .... for bearing up with me today)

@terence_fdes What problem exactly with your daughter's application did you face? AFAIK, walk in is allowed for minors. Not entirely sure though.

Back