Quad SLI >: )

I guess so....but then I dont think it is right for you to make a statement like an SLI 6600GT setup beats a 6800 GT ..... And the fact remains that a lot of people visit TT...

TT has a responsibility to give these people correct info.

YES i understand nikhil ... u are a model citizen and every citizen has his duties and responsibilities :p
comin back to ze topic ....actually that was one of the reasons 3D1 didnt do well... was too costly and didnt deliver enough..it was more like some kind of Fun experiment by gigabyte

Misleading. Not really. If you see the benchmark results you have linked at, 6600GT SLI is able to defeat 6800 GT is most test expect one. So, which is a better deal? 6600GT SLI or 6800 GT? Anyways, it useless to debate on it as both the cards are outdated completly.

The problem with Techtree is that it is being run by a Pvt Ltd. Hence, many things happen according to thier marketting and sales managers and not the editorial team. Tomshardware and Anandtech were made with enthusiast similar to Techenclave, hence all major decision are taken with the motive of providing the best content to the reader and not profit.

evilution said:
Tomshardware and Anandtech were made with enthusiast similar to Techenclave, hence all major decision are taken with the motive of providing the best content to the reader and not profit.

And is it not in TT's best interest to provide the same to it's visitors/readers? I'm confused :S

evilution said:
Misleading. Not really. If you see the benchmark results you have linked at, 6600GT SLI is able to defeat 6800 GT is most test expect one. So, which is a better deal? 6600GT SLI or 6800 GT? Anyways, it useless to debate on it as both the cards are outdated completly.

LOL no chance of a 6600GT SLI beating a 6800GT at high res/high AA/AF... maybe without AA/AF at low res yes but once you enable AA/AF, the bandwidth limitations of a 6600GT become very very visible. But yeah as you said both are obsolete and no use comparing.

RiO said:
And is it not in TT's best interest to provide the same to it's visitors/readers? I'm confused :S

I can't really disclose the actual working of TT, but trust me none of Test Labs in India, including JDM, IC, PCWORLD, TT, etc can ever reach international standards due to two problems
1) Profit Motive by the media publications
2) Channel distributors over here even more profit oriented than the media publication. I can given one example over here. One of the game distributor send us Half Life 2 for testing. So, we tested the game and had used the CD key. The next day, they asked for the game back. When we asked for the reason, they stated that they sell those copies also. I can understand this situation with hardware, but a game CD?

Next time, you go to buy a piece of hardware, make sure it did not went through various test labs before it got sold to you. :rofl:

Back