Quad SLI >: )

evilution

Disciple
Well, I did recieve some personal PM of lying to people about the office RIG. They claim, I dont have Quad SLI setup nor a AMD 5000+. Well, for those who did'nt belive and for those appreciate awesome rigs.

Preview Scores

Doom 3 - 1280 x 1024 (16x FSAA) - 120 FPS
FEAR - 1280 x 960 (8xFSAA) - 120 FPS

This was done on a sh~t monitor. Wait till next week.

Woa... Nice setup... Just 2 questions... One why does it show 2 proccys in Device manager..in the pic i could see only one...

second where do u work ;)

Well, can't reveal about info on how TT was able to get hands on it (Rules and Regulations). The beta drivers run the quad sli mode only in few games. 3D Mark scores show no improvement. So, maybe we will be doing just a technological preview on it by next week. Once the final drivers comes out, we will be doing a full fledged review. Another thing in pipeline are 7600GT and7950 GX2 round up within two weeks time.

P.S. The whole rig is running on just 460W SMPS by Vantec. That bloody thing is able to do 30A on 12v line.

^^Dude you need a new PSU!! Why risk frying like almost 1 lakh worth of hardware on it. But otherwise, awesome rig :D Damn i wish i had a job like yours. What display are you getting for it?

hunt3r said:
^^Dude you need a new PSU!! Why risk frying like almost 1 lakh worth of hardware on it. But otherwise, awesome rig :D Damn i wish i had a job like yours. What display are you getting for it?

Well, we are always on the look out for potential people. Anyways, I belive you reside in banglore, and PC World Head office is in Banglore. If you wish, I can give ur reference over there. The head of the Test Labs in PC world is an old friend of mine. Then you will have a similar job to mine.

PSU is running perfectly fine. I was suprised myself when a 460W SMPS was able to power everything perfectly. I had a regular check on the rail line voltage on regular basis and they are well below the danager levels.

Well, I will be running it on three displays. 1st is the Viewsonice VX924, I simply love the quality. But however it lacks high resolution such as 1600 * 1200 and 1920 * 1440. Hence, we are using a 19" Philiphs CRT moniter which supports those res, but suks in quality, only for evaluation. Third is a 42" LCD TV by Philips :hap2:

elendil said:
Wow. Am in absolute Awe.. as I was when I saw the quad sli rig arun_rulez won.

Yea, same for me, but Quad SLI drivers were released just few days ago, which means all this time, his rig was eating dust. :p

Even now, Quad SLI is not enabled in every game (e.g. 3D Mark). Only few selected games such Doom 3, FEAR, Half Life 2, etc. However, a final version to enable Quad SLI will be soon on its way.

evilution said:
Well, we are always on the look out for potential people. Anyways, I belive you reside in banglore, and PC World Head office is in Banglore. If you wish, I can give ur reference over there. The head of the Test Labs in PC world is an old friend of mine. Then you will have a similar job to mine.

PSU is running perfectly fine. I was suprised myself when a 460W SMPS was able to power everything perfectly. I had a regular check on the rail line voltage on regular basis and they are well below the danager levels.

Well, I will be running it on three displays. 1st is the Viewsonice VX924, I simply love the quality. But however it lacks high resolution such as 1600 * 1200 and 1920 * 1440. Hence, we are using a 19" Philiphs CRT moniter which supports those res, but suks in quality, only for evaluation. Third is a 42" LCD TV by Philips :hap2:

I havent even finished college yet, actually havent even started yet :p But if you could get me some kinda job there that would be awesome :D

Well its surprising its working fine, but its risky nonetheless. Running a dual core and 4 gpu's on one rail is kinda overboard if you ask me. Even though the ratings may be fine, though even that surprises me that the voltages arent dropping much. If i were in charge of that rig, i wouldnt trust the 460W PSU, especially in the long run.

Haha, even that resolution is too low to stress the setup. Any plans of getting a 30" Dell/Apple? :eek:hyeah:

quad SLIs r insane...i mean thats not the way to go...
too much power cons....strictly for the retarded perverted gamers who hv nothing else to do...well gamers who make a living out of playing I can undst gng for this..not otherwise

There are always buyers for premium technology.

@Hunt3r

Age is never a bar for such jobs. I myself starting working at Techtree at the age of 19. I am currently doing my Engg Degree (AMIE). Anyways, you can always drop in a PM.

In February 2005, Gigabyte Technology released the 3D1, a single video card that uses NVIDIA's SLI technology to run two 6600-series GPUs. Since some motherboards are expecting to split the 16 lanes of the PCIe x16 bus across two PCIe x16 slots (or x8 lanes for each) when in SLI mode, at release the card was only supported by one of Gigabyte's own motherboards, with which it was bundled. During that time, a 6800GT used to cost around 400$, where as 6600GT used to cost around 200$ each. But when you set up two 6600GT in SLI, the performance would exceed 6800GT, where as the cost remains the same for the GPUs.

HOW ?? :S :S :O :O

A 6800 GT used to defeat an SLI 6600 GT when you cranked up AA.... even at regular resolutions of 1024 x 768....

And in the benchmarks section, you should have added results of regular 7800 GTx/7900 GT/ 7900GTX cards as well..... instead of only the 7950 cards......

And on a side note, you actually ran that setup on a 460 watts PSU :O :O ?? Amazing!!

HEXUS.net : Review : NVIDIA's SLI - 6600 GT Performance and Conclusion : Page - 4/10

GeForce 6600 GT cards in SLI - The Tech Report - Page 4

techreport said:
Without antialiasing, the GeForce 6600 GTs in SLI are beaten only by the other SLI configs; not even a single GeForce 6800 Ultra can keep up. However, once antialiasing is turned on, the 6600 GTs in SLI drop back a little. At 1600x1200, the 6600 GTs in SLI are still putting up quite a fight, though, only three frames per second behind a single GeForce 6800 GT.

Well, I have tried to explain, why Gigabyte released the 3D1 card. Anyways, it was an evolution concept (marketting publicity) rather than being targetted to masses.

I would have love to compare scores to other high end cards, but due to some problems, we were unable to. Test Labs are very difficult and expensive to run atleast in India. Hope, we are able to solve the problem real soon.

evilution said:
I would have love to compare scores to other high end cards, but due to some problems, we were unable to. Test Labs are very difficult and expensive to run atleast in India. Hope, we are able to solve the problem real soon.
I guess so....but then I dont think it is right for you to make a statement like an SLI 6600GT setup beats a 6800 GT ..... And the fact remains that a lot of people visit TT...

TT has a responsibility to give these people correct info.

Back