PSA Regarding Crucial Ballistix Ram

Crucial ballistix is no longer available as replacement in India as confirmed by service centre in Delhi & if anybody ever try to rma a Crucial ballistix ram they will not get the same as replacement but the typical Crucial basics ram. Keep this in mind while buying from amazon or classified section here as many ppl buy ballistix ram for their overclockability & 10 years warranty.

@puns

Personal experience of a friend, went to Nehru Place to replace his faulty ballistix ram & got crucial basics ram as replacement. You can also see no specialized dealer like md/vedant/prime selling ballistix ram for quite some time now & the only place it is available is amazon where you will only get years old mfg date stock.

Crucial ballistix is no longer available as replacement in India as confirmed by service centre in Delhi & if anybody ever try to rma a Crucial ballistix ram they will not get the same as replacement but the typical Crucial basics ram. Keep this in mind while buying from amazon or classified section here as many ppl buy ballistix ram for their overclockability & 10 years warranty.

@puns
India seems to be doomed for RAM sector! can't find a decent ram kit for decent prices!

India seems to be doomed for RAM sector! can't find a decent ram kit for decent prices!
That seems to be true for basically entire pc component sector, almost all brands have poor rma/after sales support except for amd it seems but then processors rarely require rma.

Thanks for info i guess. But can you share the reason why a mod has been tagged in your post?
To take a look & maybe decide if a new rule should be added to market section that those selling crucial ballistix ram with warranty must disclose that buyer will not get ballistix ram if availing warranty in future.

@puns

I bought crucial ballistix ram 32Gb (16GB x2) in June 2022, so in case if I RMA my sticks I will get inferior RAM sticks without any compensation ?

Personal experience of a friend, went to Nehru Place to replace his faulty ballistix ram & got crucial basics ram as replacement. You can also see no specialized dealer like md/vedant/prime selling ballistix ram for quite some time now & the only place it is available is amazon where you will only get years old mfg date stock.
Did your friend got any compensation?

Did your friend ask for refund instead of inferior ram. I purchased a kit last year, no way in hell I'm getting inferior Ram if I have to RMA.

Did your friend ask for refund instead of inferior ram. I purchased a kit last year, no way in hell I'm getting inferior Ram if I have to RMA.
My friend who also purchased 2x16GB sticks with me, had issues with motherboard and RMA'd sticks thinking they were the issue. He was offered DDR5 Crucial Pro 2x16 kit which he was hesitant to take since he would have to change the whole platform. He took my kit for troubleshooting only to observe the same issue, and since has RMA'd the motherboard and the his kit works fine till date.

Unlike EVGA, Crucial has not pulled out of memory market, just discontinued their Ballistix branding. They didn't sell as many units as GSkill in India anyway, so same kit being available as replacement was less likely even if they had not discontinued Ballistix branding.

I also have a Gskill TridentZ 2x8GB kit which I received as replacement for RMA'ing Gskill Ripjaws so GSkill also sometimes can't replace the exact kit (let alone the fact that if they were not imported by Acro, you have to ship to Taiwan). However, with their higher popularity and hence higher availability, DDR4 replacements are better overall (availability wise) compared to Crucial.

PS I am not saying all of this to make my kit more sellable. I am speaking from experience

My friend who also purchased 2x16GB sticks with me, had issues with motherboard and RMA'd sticks thinking they were the issue. He was offered DDR5 Crucial Pro 2x16 kit which he was hesitant to take since he would have to change the whole platform. He took my kit for troubleshooting only to observe the same issue, and since has RMA'd the motherboard and the his kit works fine till date.
Was this done recently? So it's possible to get better Ram albeit being ddr5. I'd rather prefer that option than to get their basic Ram, at least I can sell them and buy another kit if needed.

Was this done recently? So it's possible to get better Ram albeit being ddr5. I'd rather prefer that option than to get their basic Ram, at least I can sell them and buy another kit if needed.
I guess depends on availability and service center guys. Crucial global staff has always been friendly and helpful to me (regarding their SSDs and RAM). The experience I shared was about a year ago, and pricing for DDR5 was through the roof (kit offered was at least twice as expensive as kit RMA'd)

I guess depends on availability and service center guys. Crucial global staff has always been friendly and helpful to me (regarding their SSDs and RAM). The experience I shared was about a year ago, and pricing for DDR5 was through the roof (kit offered was at least twice as expensive as kit RMA'd)
In that case reporting it to global support will probably be helpful to get something of equal value or better instead of inferior ones.

I don't think refund is even an option, standard policy of any warranty T&C is either replacement or equivalent product & the last option is a credit note which I have seen some times in the past for some other product(a psu).

I don't think refund is even an option, standard policy of any warranty T&C is either replacement or equivalent product & the last option is a credit note which I have seen some times in the past for some other product(a psu).
If your friend was fine with that resolution then no issues but personally I'd never go with it.

Back