PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

hey guys, i had been under the cave for long time.
looking to play Ni no kuni. so will be upgrading form 3.55.
which CFW is latest and can i go back to 3.55 whenever i need.
do post the stability of the latest one.
if possible, a short instruction will help/

rogero cfw 4.40 is the latest and its pretty stable and is sync with latest sony official firmware. yes u can downgrade to 3.55 but y would u do that..4.40 is the best out there n much much better than 3.55.

rogero cfw 4.40 is the latest and its pretty stable and is sync with latest sony official firmware. yes u can downgrade to 3.55 but y would u do that..4.40 is the best out there n much much better than 3.55.
Thanks will check it out & post back the results.

I am on kmeaw 3.55 havn't played much so i am totally noob about cfw stuff. Can i install rogero 4.40? Will it run UC3 and GOW ascension?

I am on kmeaw 3.55 havn't played much so i am totally noob about cfw stuff. Can i install rogero 4.40? Will it run UC3 and GOW ascension?
Yea, latest one plays all game well without any patch. But i fear that the patched games works with 4.40 or not.

Ps. Both uc3 & gowa works on 3.55.

it depends upon you. till now i have been 3.55 but now i want to play ni no kuni which works on 4.xx only.
so im moving out.

thanks, so should i update to rogero or keep using 3.55 kmeaw?

Update to Rogero's 4.40. I'm not sure why people are still on 3.55 when the EBOOT release frequency is uneven and uncertain, while Rogero's plays all the games natively. The only issue I see would be re-signing the older PSN games with the new keys. Apart from that there is no reason to still stay on 3.55 firmware now.

Update to Rogero's 4.40. I'm not sure why people are still on 3.55 when the EBOOT release frequency is uneven and uncertain, while Rogero's plays all the games natively. The only issue I see would be re-signing the older PSN games with the new keys. Apart from that there is no reason to still stay on 3.55 firmware now.
Do we need the original eboot or the patched up eboot still kicks in 4.4x?
And any difference btw rogero & debug?

Do we need the original eboot or the patched up eboot still kicks in 4.4x?
And any difference btw rogero & debug?

If you have patched eboots applied to your earlier games, then you need to have them replaced with the original ones.

Debug or DEX firmwares aren't really intended for regular players usage. It's mostly for people who would like to dig deeper into exploring and toggling around with the hidden aspects of the console. As a normal user, Rogero's firmware is the one you need.

If you have patched eboots applied to your earlier games, then you need to have them replaced with the original ones.

Debug or DEX firmwares aren't really intended for regular players usage. It's mostly for people who would like to dig deeper into exploring and toggling around with the hidden aspects of the console. As a normal user, Rogero's firmware is the one you need.
Thnx will try once the power comes up.
Actually some old games i have are already patched & i dont have original eboot. But its good to hear that i can go back whenver i want.

Guyz Move on from your beloved Long Lasting Ex Girlfriend (3.55) and welcome the new sexy kitten in the market (4.40).
Runs all games (Usa/Euro/Japan) without any patch or eboot fix. You can play online too, till sony patches it. (Or Bans your console)

Guyz Move on from your beloved Long Lasting Ex Girlfriend (3.55) and welcome the new sexy kitten in the market (4.40).
Runs all games (Usa/Euro/Japan) without any patch or eboot fix. You can play online too, till sony patches it. (Or Bans your console)

Serious bro?? Can we jb new ps3's too??

Yeah and I had loads of problems doing things with 3.55, but 4.40 is flawless, just need to do BD mirror and everything is fine, and also in latest multiman copying is much faster I noticed.

Back