PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

There is already multiman v4 released
Why you not using google??
Just type multiman and download from websites like psxscene etc.

Thanks for your reply, but my friend, i landed up here ONLY after an unsuccessful attempt at google, the scene-websites, and file-hosting websites. just re-read the bold part below.

Hello everyone!

today i booted up my PS3 after a very long time. i wish to upgrade multiman on my PS3 now. i have version 2.09.00 on my console. my PS3's running kmeaw 3.55. i checked for compatible MM version, and found it to be 4.02.00. however, none of the file-hosting sites have this available now. could someone please link me to a page from where i could download it? or else, should i change kmeaw to rogero or something (need to read up on that though to understand what it entails)?!

thanks!

I was looking for an MM version which is non-cobra (the newer versions are mmCM, i.e., developed by deank and the cobra-team jointly, for use with cobra file manager) and could be used with kmeaw. i found one old version 4.02.00 of 2011, but it's now unavailable for download (i.e., hosted files have been removed due to copyright violations). for the other versions, some of the people who don't have CM, have kmeaw 3.55, and had downloaded the mmCM versions (the v4 you wrote about above), they reported freezing-up of their MM after the update; hence the confusion.

please let me know if i missed something here.

anyway, have already registered myself on ps3hax and psx-scene. let me see if i find the required thing there.

Thanks for your reply, but my friend, i landed up here ONLY after an unsuccessful attempt at google, the scene-websites, and file-hosting websites. just re-read the bold part below.

I was looking for an MM version which is non-cobra (the newer versions are mmCM, i.e., developed by deank and the cobra-team jointly, for use with cobra file manager) and could be used with kmeaw. i found one old version 4.02.00 of 2011, but it's now unavailable for download (i.e., hosted files have been removed due to copyright violations). for the other versions, some of the people who don't have CM, have kmeaw 3.55, and had downloaded the mmCM versions (the v4 you wrote about above), they reported freezing-up of their MM after the update; hence the confusion.
As now the all jailbreaked ps3's are on 4.40 rogero's cfw. Maybe they have removed all the previous links now..
Update your ps3 to the latest cfw as all games work on this cfw without eboot..

As now the all jailbreaked ps3's are on 4.40 rogero's cfw. Maybe they have removed all the previous links now..
Update your ps3 to the latest cfw as all games work on this cfw without eboot..

very well!! that's nice!!
With 3.55, if i remember it correct (it's been a long time since i played anything on my PS3), i had to search for eboot-fixes for titles on 3.55 frequently. so now that means i won't have to search for eboot-fixes anymore on rogero's CFW, isn't it?!

very well!! that's nice!!
With 3.55, if i remember it correct (it's been a long time since i played anything on my PS3), i had to search for eboot-fixes for titles on 3.55 frequently. so now that means i won't have to search for eboot-fixes anymore on rogero's CFW, isn't it?!
Yup just download it and copy in your hdd and play...
No eboot needed ;)

Now guys,i did a lot of research for it online and mostly came up with this answer. Re-install the CFW again. I am on 4.30 CFW and the hard drive is a measly 80gb leaving me with 67GB for usage. I am thinking of hard drive upgrade so should i install 4.30 and then update or install the updated 4.40 CFW directly.

Now guys,i did a lot of research for it online and mostly came up with this answer. Re-install the CFW again. I am on 4.30 CFW and the hard drive is a measly 80gb leaving me with 67GB for usage. I am thinking of hard drive upgrade so should i install 4.30 and then update or install the updated 4.40 CFW directly.

As to what i read (same as you did), IMO you should downgrade the CFW, upgrade your HDD, and then upgrade to CFW v4.40.

Finally, upgraded my console's kmeaw 3.55 to REBUG v4.41.2 LITE CFW (chose REBUG over rogero. read a small comparison-guide that said REBUG is the most solid of all the CFWs)! thanks, Ethan_Hunt & nick2012! also, had updated MM to v4.40.00 before moving to the REBUG CFW. will upgrade it again to v4.46.00 now. and, checked 2 of the older games lying in my HDD. one worked fine; the other threw up the 80010017 error, so will have to re-assign eboots for such titles.

It was a little cumbersome to comprehensively go through a plethora of articles, to know about the various scene-developments (like about different CFWs, the 'how-to's, etc., etc.). hence, in order that someone else on this forum, who may be in a similar predicament as i was in, should not feel lost, he may please PM me, if he wishes to know about what to look for, and how to go about tackling all the various procedures from thereon. :)

rebug website says it can be done, Though I have read its safer to first flash 3.55 OFW and then the desired 4.xx CFW.

schumacher, i don't know if he is the man behind rebug or not, is acclaimed on the scene, and in one of his guides (i think it was for rebug; not sure), he mentioned that this was not so true, and there's no harm in moving to v4.xx without downgrading to OFW first.[DOUBLEPOST=1379151218][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can i directly upgrade from KMEAW 3.55 to Rebug Lite 4.46?

i did so.

Last edited:
Guys can all new ps3 be jailbroken and we can install CFW to play backup games???
Which is the max version which can be ...I know 3.55.....sry but I don't know about higher than this....

Last edited:
Guys can all new ps3 be jailbroken and we can install CFW to play backup games???
Which is the max version which can be ...I know 3.55.....sry but I don't know about higher than this....
New PS3 like the super-slim versions cannot be jailbreak'ed. Though older batch of PS3 slim that came with 3.55 or lower but were upgraded by mistake can still be jailbroken.

All FAT PS3's can be jailbroken as well. Those PS3's which originally came with 3.55 or lower and were upgraded to higher firmware need E3 Flasher hardware for downgrade.

Back