OC & Modding Prototype of India's 1st Liquid Cooler is Ready

nikolain

Disciple
Prototype of India's 1st Liquid Cooler is Ready with New Video

It was designed my me in CATIA V5, then i gave the design to a company where it went through a process named "Rapid Prototyping" where it was converted from a software file to a real life prototype,the process used was SLS (Selective Laser Sintering),the material used is Nylon 11 and Nylon 12,the cost of a SLS machine is Rs.320,000,000 :O ,but i had to pay only Rs.13,800 :D

The design in CATIA V5:
captureqf.jpg

IMG_5771.jpg

IMG_5772.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

IMG_5774.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg

IMG_5778.jpg

IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

This is the top side on which i'll put a sticker of my company
IMG_5781.jpg

This part will touch the CPU
IMG_5782.jpg

The thickness of the block is 40 mm.
IMG_5783.jpg

VIDEO:YouTube - MVI_5789_x264.mp4
i don't know what's with the video,but it runs 2 times
Test with Swiftech MCR320
today i got some free time and was experimenting the power of the motor and it has a head of 1 feet, also this new video shows how quiet it actually is,the problem with the last video was i used a wrong video converter which added noise while encoding,so this time i used Xilisoft.
YouTube - MVI 5800

Cool

Good to see RP being used in such projects. Please use just one thread to keep this one updated. Remember seeing your post earlier.

Reminds me of my grad school days. I used to maintain a Stratasys 2000 for our design lab. We also had a 3D Systems SLS machine. The finish used to be much better than what you have got (It was a resin based one those days i.e 2k-2002) and FDM process on Stratasys used to give similar texture like your prototype. We also had a Kreon laser scanner for RE. Overall, was fun to work on those.

Nice to see the progress. One suggestion, try to put inlet and outlet from the top as we have in Corsair H50 and H70.

CM aquagate S1 had inlet and outlet from side and is very difficult to mount on many boards.
Three sides of cpu socket is preoccupied by RAM slot, North bridge Heatsink and MOSFET cooler. And in any case if PSU is top mounted in a cabinet then one is not in a position to install your cooler on the CPU.

Please consider this while finalizing the design.

This is just too cool. :)

p.s. just noticed. If i got it right, did you pay Rs.14,000/- for dummy plastic parts? :O

How much for the real stuff to materialise? :O :O

rakesh_sharma23 said:
Nice to see the progress. One suggestion, try to put inlet and outlet from the top as we have in Corsair H50 and H70.

CM aquagate S1 had inlet and outlet from side and is very difficult to mount on many boards.

Three sides of cpu socket is preoccupied by RAM slot, North bridge Heatsink and MOSFET cooler. And in any case if PSU is top mounted in a cabinet then one is not in a position to install your cooler on the CPU.

Please consider this while finalizing the design.
if u observe Coolit ECO ALC and Corsair H70 both of them have inlet n outlet from their sides,besides i'll be providing rotating elbows on both the inlet n outlet just like Corsair H70,so it shouldn't be a problem :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pegasus said:
This is just too cool. :)

p.s. just noticed. If i got it right, did you pay Rs.14,000/- for dummy plastic parts? :O

How much for the real stuff to materialise? :O :O
Rapid Prototyping is a costly process used to check if a given design physically satisfies the customer,n the prototype did a good job,so now it will go into injection molding, which is a much cheaper process

nikolain said:
if u observe Coolit ECO ALC and Corsair H70 both of them have inlet n outlet from their sides,besides i'll be providing rotating elbows on both the inlet n outlet just like Corsair H70,so it shouldn't be a problem
Nice to hear that you are facing inlet and outlet from top. Few more things.. pumps seems to be a high flow and powerfull pump, so the WC kit will be a sealed or refilled type, and what size and type of rad your kit will have.

rakesh_sharma23 said:
Nice to hear that you are facing inlet and outlet from top. Few more things.. pumps seems to be a high flow and powerfull pump, so the WC kit will be a sealed or refilled type, and what size and type of rad your kit will have.
it will be sealed but i'm gonna provide a refilling inlet on the Radiator,and for the size of Radiator at start there will be 2 versions: 120mm and 240 mm RAD's

rakesh_sharma23 said:
Cool i will be looking forward for 240mm model.

Are you designing your own rad or taking 3rd party product.
Making my own RAD

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

updated with a new Video

Very amazed with the video. Pump is running. What type of motor r you using to run the rotor of the pump ?
By the way are u using a DC brush motor. if it's so then your pump will not last more that few weeks.

WHY ? cose...
1. Pumps are ment for constant use and DC Brush motor will face huge wear and tear of carbon brush tips.
2. If the loop is sealed and when temperature of water will rise this will increase the pressure inside the loop and result water will get inside the motor via shaft-bush, this will convert motor into a electrolysis chamber.

I have faced this in my first WC Build. Here are few pics of my build.
systemlq6.jpg

img0159fb4.jpg

This is a sealed loop with a DC motor pump. But my motor died every month.
I have tried to air-tight the motor look below, but still water get inside it.
img0322ce1.jpg

img0372he3.jpg

below are the pics of different pumps i made with DC brushed motor, but they all died after constant use.
pump1ot5.jpg

pump2jk9.jpg

pump3zd9.jpg

pump4ht5.jpg

pump5dt3.jpg

pump6zr1.jpg

mpump01sy9.jpg

mpump02eq9.jpg

mpump03vx9.jpg

mpump04ox8.jpg

So please conside a brush less motor for pump.

Rakesh Sharma

Attachments

• captureqf.jpg
    captureqf.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 75
Back