price of p990i? which is better p990i or n95?

^^Anish says its like 17k in the grey market..btw,just checked today's mumbai mirror Reader's offer..its for some 20,490 with bill n warranty...:eek:hyeah:

Neways, if u can still afford the n95, then its the best thing to get..its cam will eat the p990 for breakfast, lunch and dinner..:lol: But if u are short on cash then the p990 is a decent buy enuf..:)

Private Ryan said:
^^Anish says its like 17k in the grey market..btw,just checked today's mumbai mirror Reader's offer..its for some 20,490 with bill n warranty...:eek:hyeah:
Neways, if u can still afford the n95, then its the best thing to get..its cam will eat the p990 for breakfast, lunch and dinner..:lol: But if u are short on cash then the p990 is a decent buy enuf..:)
ya but main thing is that really n95 worth extra price(except camera).:huh:
and also i want to take p990i with bill . here i asked for p990i , they say its around 25k with bill. so dont know why so much fluctutaion in prices. if can get p990i for around 20 them might get it but at 25 its better to get n95 then :)

TechHead said:
@Techpal - whereabouts are you from? 25K is a tad high for the P990i, as you say..

m from delhi.Ya 25 is not worth , its so much better to get n95 at 30. prices are really fluctuating for p990i. :S

anish said:
I'd rather get the P990i plus a Digicam, will eat the N95 for snacks as well

Lol..yeah..thrs always another way around..:lol: but then, you'll be carrying 2 bulky gizmos instead of one..given the p990i's size..;) Plus the n95 scores over it in almost all aspects..and not to forget the p990 is getting really old now...but like i said earlier..a comparo is only possible if money aint an issue...else, the p990 is a decent buy enuf..:)

My suggestion wud be to wait for a few more weeks and let the n95 come down to 27k or so..then buying it will make more sense..:)

Private Ryan said:
Lol..yeah..thrs always another way around..:lol: but then, you'll be carrying 2 bulky gizmos instead of one..given the p990i's size..;) Plus the n95 scores over it in almost all aspects..and not to forget the p990 is getting really old now...but like i said earlier..a comparo is only possible if money aint an issue...else, the p990 is a decent buy enuf..:)
My suggestion wud be to wait for a few more weeks and let the n95 come down to 27k or so..then buying it will make more sense..:)

rightly said. cant say anything better than that:clap: .
so m going for n95 , and IF by chance gets p990i for 20k than will get it .:p
going on a search hunt tomm.:eek:hyeah:

Is the P990i that cheap now (sub 20k) :S.

I got my P910i back in Nov 2005 for about 21k after discount (Actual price was 25k at the time). I had got a Sony Coupon worth 10k at the office for *ahem* :p working hard and I put 11k of my own and got my P910i from the local Sony exclusive showroom. Anyways, I didn't like the new P990 specs too much. :hap5:

@techpal - Buddy, carrying that behemoth of a phone (P990i :p) in your pocket can be an unbelievably annoying experience..Do consider this as well..

Cheers!

^^Totally agree with Amd4life...And the icing of the cake on the n95 is wifi and the gem of a screen with 16m colors..:eek:hyeah: Plus its the new 'in' thing in town..so hold on ur horses for a month or so n then get the n95.....:eek:hyeah:

Private Ryan said:
^^Totally agree with Amd4life...And the icing of the cake on the n95 is wifi and the gem of a screen with 16m colors..:eek:hyeah: Plus its the new 'in' thing in town..so hold on ur horses for a month or so n then get the n95.....:eek:hyeah:
P990i also has a wifi but 262k screen :bleh: . anyways is diff. noticable between 262k and 16 million screen on smallish phones screen.

thnx to all of you .:eek:hyeah:
So most probably going for N95 since amd4life also made a very valid point of size(it didnt come in my mind):) .
now have to decide when to buy, now with 30k or later:S

if u ask me, the difference between a 64k screen and a 262k screen aint much..but between a 262k screen and a 16million color screen..??Yesss..:eek:hyeah: And the n95 screen is big enuf to notice the difference...:eek:hyeah: mostly noticeable when ur wallpapers have a smooth gradient effect..check tht on a 262k screen and on the 16m screen..u'll see the difference..;)

N as i said earlier, prolly wait for a few weeks or maybe a month..it shud come down to 28k or so by then..tht wud be the right time to get it..;)

Private Ryan said:
if u ask me, the difference between a 64k screen and a 262k screen aint much..but between a 262k screen and a 16million color screen..??Yesss..:eek:hyeah: And the n95 screen is big enuf to notice the difference...:eek:hyeah: mostly noticeable when ur wallpapers have a smooth gradient effect..check tht on a 262k screen and on the 16m screen..u'll see the difference..;)

N as i said earlier, prolly wait for a few weeks or maybe a month..it shud come down to 28k or so by then..tht wud be the right time to get it..;)

will try tommorow if can get around 29 then will jump on it :p otherwise will wait till its around 27.:eek:hyeah:

Actually currently have e62 which also has 16 million screen but it doesnt look any better than n73 screen with 262k. Infact n73 looks more brighter and colors look more natural. may be eseries phones has low quality screen as opposed to n series.

may be eseries phones has low quality screen as opposed to n series.

;)

So has been reported at a few reviewing sites as well..;) Neways, the best way is to try the gradient trick..u can mark the color change in strips in a 262k screen, which shud appear smooth in a 16m screen..:)

[quote name='Private Ryan'];)
So has been reported at a few reviewing sites as well..;)

ok so that must be the case then. now m more inclined towards n95.:hap2:
ok will let u know tommorow about whether i get it or have to wait.:)

Back