Graphic Cards Power of SM3

Yaar the washed out effect is intended. Do u think, in real life, if you were to stand up on a tower and look at such a big scenario then you would observe all the details at such minute levels. The HDR and SM3.0 functions allow the 6600GT to implement the desired effects without taking too much of a toll on the FPS. The same effect would be easily implemented on a SM2.0 card but there would be a big delta between the enabled/disabled images.

Hope that clears the doubts........

u can get the same image as ATi on nvidia by switching off the HDR ..... choices are different i have seen many people playing NFS without motion blur but i love that ..... :p

well let me try it on my 6600GT.:)
is there any way to make 6600GT work on SM 2.0 so i can check the difference between 2.0 and 3.0

please let me know.

thx in advance..
avi

avi_avadhut said:
well let me try it on my 6600GT.:)
is there any way to make 6600GT work on SM 2.0 so i can check the difference between 2.0 and 3.0

please let me know.

thx in advance..
avi
Just set shader detail to High instead of very high. It uses SM2 shaders then.

@goldenfrag: care to read the posts above before commenting? If u have no clue, then don't spam!

Heard there is real performance hit on playing AOE III with SM 3.0 on a 6600GT and frame rates hover just around the 30fps mark..

I haven't got the demo yet so was speculating the performance on my 6600gt. Hows the performance on your systems with SM 3.0??

And plezzz, not the performance on a 6800GT or above cause i know it would run fine on them!!!!;)

Back