Plex/Jellyfin Setup Discussion

I have my Synology DS120J NAS setup with the Download Station app and Plex server running natively.
Local streaming on my Apple TV and Android TV is good more or less but some videos have audio sync delays.
Anybody have a solution/workaround to adjust audio delay in the Plex client apps?

Also I want to ask whether it is possible to run Jellyfin on the Synology?

I have my Synology DS120J NAS setup with the Download Station app and Plex server running natively.
Local streaming on my Apple TV and Android TV is good more or less but some videos have audio sync delays.
Anybody have a solution/workaround to adjust audio delay in the Plex client apps?

Also I want to ask whether it is possible to run Jellyfin on the Synology?
Did a Google search and yes you can use Jellyfin with Sinology.

I have updated my setup in the last 2 years.
Starting from Pi4 8b to 2x Pi4 8 GB to Zimaboard 8 GB to a custom i3 12100F NAS.

Running everything in Docker.
Pi4 is not a good option if you want to run a media server, that tiny Broadcom processor can't handle transcoding.
Zimaboard is a good option, since it has intel quick sync for transcoding + you can add an external GPU like Nvidia T600 (i used) or any other low powered card.
At the end, Custom NAS solution is the best if you want to hoard large amount of media + have multiple streams running at a time.

Added images of my setup.

Latest setup running everything smoothly on custom NAS.
1689959009527.png

I have updated my setup in the last 2 years.
Starting from Pi4 8b to 2x Pi4 8 GB to Zimaboard 8 GB to a custom i3 12100F NAS.

Running everything in Docker.
Pi4 is not a good option if you want to run a media server, that tiny Broadcom processor can't handle transcoding.
Zimaboard is a good option, since it has intel quick sync for transcoding + you can add an external GPU like Nvidia T600 (i used) or any other low powered card.
At the end, Custom NAS solution is the best if you want to hoard large amount of media + have multiple streams running at a time.

Added images of my setup.

Latest setup running everything smoothly on custom NAS.
View attachment 173305
Love the Gojo figurine:hearteyes:
I like the Zimaboard as well but getting it shipped here is a pain. how did you get yours?

And since The Intel Nuc is available for like 6k for most people that's the better choice.
Can you list the specs for the 12100F NAS and what OS are you running on it?

Love the Gojo figurine:hearteyes:
I like the Zimaboard as well but getting it shipped here is a pain. how did you get yours?

And since The Intel Nuc is available for like 6k for most people that's the better choice.
Can you list the specs for the 12100F NAS and what OS are you running on it?
I ordered it from the official store, took like a month to get here. (and paid the import fee)

NUC is good, but I wanted to SBC with multiple RJ45 (as im now using Zima as OPNsense Firewall)
In cases of NUC or ZIma, the options to add storage is limited, since there are a few SATA ports. (but they are good in terms of power usage)
With a custom NAS, you will have at least 4 SATA and multiple PCIe slots that can be used for more SATA or multiple GPUs or anything else. (uses a lot more power)

My Custom NAS specs and im running DietPi OS
1690004676247.png

Last edited:
Back