Player for 15k

I got it from Apple store in Forum Mall (Koramangala). You can also check in places like Brigade Road, Jaya Nagar, Sangeetha etc. you can get it for a cheaper price if you bargain.

which one are you looking for ? 32Gig or 64 Gig?

also, many have noticed that price for ipod touch in ebay is 2k-3k less than that in market.

32Gb is at 14.1k and after adding shipping charges and other taxes, it may come to 15k : eBay India: Apple iPod touch 32GB (3rd Gen) with Warranty NEW! (item 370357258653 end time 28-Apr-2010 21:25:47 IST)

64gig for 19k : eBay India: Apple Ipod Touch 64GB 3rd Gen Brand New 1yr Apple War (item 260585379726 end time 13-May-2010 16:39:45 IST)

Gr8 crap....my budget's been cut off.....I wont be able to buy the iTouch....
Budget reduced to less than 10k
So I guess i'll have to consider the following options:-

1. Cowon D2(Min. capacity of 8GB required, cost pls, how expandable)
2. Any other good offering? (SQ of gr8est importance)

jeffrain123 said:
Gr8 crap....my budget's been cut off.....I wont be able to buy the iTouch....
Budget reduced to less than 10k
So I guess i'll have to consider the following options:-

1. Cowon D2(Min. capacity of 8GB required, cost pls, how expandable)
2. Any other good offering? (SQ of gr8est importance)

Cowon S9 8GB sells under 10k but no expandable memory.

also check Samsung P3 and creative zen X-fi 2

Haven't heard it personally, its supposed to be quite good. SQ aside you might get bored with the UI and small screen of the D2 quite fast, I did .....but it might not be a problem for you.

jeffrain123 said:
I'll go with cowon d2 since it has expandable memory...prices? And memory card class required? Price?

D2+ 4Gb costs around 6.5-7k, around 8k for 8Gb and 9.5k-10k for 16GB. Support SD, SDHC type of cards.

Instead of going for 4Gb and getting memory card, I would suggest going for 16Gb and get meory card later when you gather money. The more internal memory, the better it is.

I tried Samsung P3 once in Forum Mall's samsung showroom (next to imagine store) in bangalore and I liked the audio quality. Similar to BBE, it has DNSe sound enhancement settings but is just a bit inferior to BBE. On the bright side, the UI is lot better than D2's plus it's 3" capacitive touch is good to use and it comes with inbuilt bluetooth that you can pair with headphones or your phone and take calls using the headset provided by Samsung (making P3 player as receiver). Given that P3 costs around 9.5k-10k , you can instead get ipod touch 8Gig through ebay but these two doesn't come with memory expansion.

Give your requirements, I would strongly suggest you get Cowon D2+ 16Gb now and then later, get a high speed memory card. Transferring data will be big headache if you use the high latency cards that are usually sold in the market.

What all are the other pros of this other than it's SQ? I can live with the small screen. Hows its video quality? Viewing angle? Other options in it?

jeffrain123 said:
What all are the other pros of this other than it's SQ? I can live with the small screen. Hows its video quality? Viewing angle? Other options in it?

video quality is good but the small display can strain your eyes if you keep watching videos for long. Viewing angle too is decent and can't expect more since it's not AMOLED or IPS panel.

If you take out the SQ from Cowon D2+, the few good things are:

1) drag and drop music from PC or linux (no need of client s/w)
2) memory expansion
3) VFM
4) amazing battery life. 52hr audio and 10hr video is kind of unmatched

BBE+, a reworked stock theme and DAB (radio feature). It's basically the same hardware and you can get the D2+ firmware to work on the D2.

Back