Pixel 8 launched

This is what people don't understand, or simply don't care. The consistency of the software is far and away than any other android skin. 60 hz on pixels feel same if not better than 120 hz on other devices, especially Samsung. Samsung has even lowered the animation so that frame drops are less perceived. Lol. And then there's the camera. No phone comes anywhere near really.

But yes, the exynos chip is bad. Then the battery backup of pixels aren't great either. Then after sales service. Software, and camera, two pivotal aspects of pixels, perhaps the only two. Not enough though, yes. So samsungs will reign as they deliver the overall package better.
I agree - I have noticed the frame drops on samsung, and the occasional stutter :(
This too on a flagship device. I dont know why most tech reviewers dont flag it - maybe they dont really use their devices that much

The camera - I like the pixel skin tones far more than samsung, but in night photography samsung has catched up

I agree - I have noticed the frame drops on samsung, and the occasional stutter :(
This too on a flagship device. I dont know why most tech reviewers dont flag it - maybe they dont really use their devices that much

The camera - I like the pixel skin tones far more than samsung, but in night photography samsung has catched up
Those "tech reviewers" never provide their honest opinion. They get those devices for free and they don't want that to stop. As per them, every device is best. Also as you mentioned, they don't use any device like we all do.
  1. Unbox
  2. rephrase the specs from box
  3. swipe randomly on screen to show 90Hz / 120Hz / 50000 Hz display smoothness.
  4. Play NCS non copyright video to show sound.
  5. Play BGMI / PUB G and say there is no lag and latency.
  6. Final words..which is basically justifying why phone is great (yes because he deduced that from fiddling it with for 5 minutes).
  7. Done.
  8. Get next device and repeat from step 1.

Those "tech reviewers" never provide their honest opinion. They get those devices for free and they don't want that to stop. As per them, every device is best. Also as you mentioned, they don't use any device like we all do.
  1. Unbox
  2. rephrase the specs from box
  3. swipe randomly on screen to show 90Hz / 120Hz / 50000 Hz display smoothness.
  4. Play NCS non copyright video to show sound.
  5. Play BGMI / PUB G and say there is no lag and latency.
  6. Final words..which is basically justifying why phone is great (yes because he deduced that from fiddling it with for 5 minutes).
  7. Done.
  8. Get next device and repeat from step 1.
9. give away a phone (who knows who gets one) for RTs, likes and comments

After what Google did to Stadia, especially for a company of such gigantic proportions, anyone would be damn foolish to believe Google's promise of 7 years of OS updates, security patches, and feature drops.

The recent video from Marques just reinvigorates that feeling.

After what Google did to Stadia, especially for a company of such gigantic proportions, anyone would be damn foolish to believe Google's promise of 7 years of OS updates, security patches, and feature drops.
I think we can trust Google with this. Google and Samsung are the only OEMs consistent with their update policy. We cannot compare weak products like Stadia, Google Domains, etc with strong products like Android. It's not only drive them good revenues but also lock people into their ecosystem.

I think we can trust Google with this. Google and Samsung are the only OEMs consistent with their update policy. We cannot compare weak products like Stadia, Google Domains, etc with strong products like Android. It's not only drive them good revenues but also lock people into their ecosystem.
Google has never killed a product that brought in active ad money and Android does that along with the Play Store and services revenue. If Android survives 7 more years, pretty sure the Pixel team wouldn't have much problem releasing the same considering they are the ones making 0-day releases.

Android 14, released on Oct 4, came with Oct 5 security update FFS.

I have been using the Pixel 6A from it's launch in India and honestly, I've had a very good experience so far. I've heard people complaining about network issues but I haven't had any so far (Airtel user). There are only two issues that bug me constantly.
1. Heating issues (shows up very prominently in the tensor g1. If I put it on charge and use hotspot or use reddit during a video call, it heats up noticeably.
2. The call screening functionality randomly blocks out calls from Zomato or Amazon delivery and I always have to explain to them that I never received their call.

However, the day to day feel and functionality of the phone far outweights these cons. Any time I use any other android phone (not the samsung s 23 ultras and stuff because none of my friends can afford that), the UI and intuitiveness feels so laggy and dated. I'm not gonna go for the Pixel 8 though because the 6A is still working perfectly but if they fix these issues, I might consider going for the next generation. I am not a big picture person but even then, the user experience on the Pixel is absolutely fantastic.

I think the proper reviews will soon start coming in a few weeks and we'll know more about what they have actually improved. They didn't elaborate a lot on the chip in the keynote itself. Just said AI a million times :p

2. The call screening functionality randomly blocks out calls from Zomato or Amazon delivery and I always have to explain to them that I never received their call.
Can't you turn that setting off? I think on my Nokia phone, I have turned that setting off for Google to screen and manage spam calls. I don't trust Google for it.

I would be pissed if Google screened my calls and judged the important ones as spam.

I have been using the Pixel 6A from it's launch in India and honestly, I've had a very good experience so far. I've heard people complaining about network issues but I haven't had any so far (Airtel user). There are only two issues that bug me constantly.
1. Heating issues (shows up very prominently in the tensor g1. If I put it on charge and use hotspot or use reddit during a video call, it heats up noticeably.

However, the day to day feel and functionality of the phone far outweights these cons. Any time I use any other android phone (not the samsung s 23 ultras and stuff because none of my friends can afford that), the UI and intuitiveness feels so laggy and dated. I'm not gonna go for the Pixel 8 though because the 6A is still working perfectly but if they fix these issues, I might consider going for the next generation. I am not a big picture person but even then, the user experience on the Pixel is absolutely fantastic.

I think the proper reviews will soon start coming in a few weeks and we'll know more about what they have actually improved. They didn't elaborate a lot on the chip in the keynote itself. Just said AI a million times :p
You can turn it off using the Filter spam calls option under Caller ID and spam. Keep the see caller and spam ID enabled if you want to see if the number is classified as spam.

Play BGMI / PUB G and say there is no lag and latency.
Inserts Skillshare Promo with special discount to help you develop that next Big Brain™.
Final words..which is basically justifying why phone is great (yes because he deduced that from fiddling it with for 5 minutes).
Inserts another promo for the X app (Not the Elon Tusk one). Sign up and get instant cashback. Share the referral link with your friends for even more cashback.
Vande Mataram and Jay Hind doston. Like, share, subscribe and wait for the next unboxing to hear me review repeat the slogans.

The processor in Pixel 8 is Google's own Google Tensor G3 processor, so I think they should provide the promised 7 years of updates.
This is the only reason why it sounds likely that they'd keep up the promise.

If Android survives 7 more years, pretty sure the Pixel team wouldn't have much problem releasing the same considering they are the ones making 0-day releases.
Assuming the Pixel team survives the 7 years; that's a lot of time in the smartphone world.
Also, I'm not so sure about Pixel team not having much of a problem. If it's just OS & security patches, maybe; but also features, I don't know. Because as of now, software features is the only major factor differentiating their current models. They need to be able to provide more than that to convince people to upgrade in those seven years.

Google recently also improved the update policy for ChromeOS. https://www.xda-developers.com/google-is-extending-chromebook-support/

I'm a big fan and heavy user of ChromeOS now. Easily the best Deskop OS ever made imo!
That's massive actually. The perfect platform for kids, students and educators.

Personally, I'd flash a different Linux Distro if I were to get a Chromebook. If switching OSes is not a possibility on it, I'd avoid it entirely. Software updates are not an issue on non-mobile platforms.

When Samsung used that random zoomed in photo of moon and used it as their own to show their telephoto lens and AI prowess, we all complained as it was fake. Google just took it to a different level. The new photo editing feature they introduced as Best Shot or whatever simply manufactures a scene to create a so called best face/smile. How more fake could this be? Now I understand that one could simply not use it, but it's just terrible and dangerous stuffs.

When Samsung used that random zoomed in photo of moon and used it as their own to show their telephoto lens and AI prowess, we all complained as it was fake. Google just took it to a different level. The new photo editing feature they introduced as Best Shot or whatever simply manufactures a scene to create a so called best face/smile. How more fake could this be? Now I understand that one could simply not use it, but it's just terrible and dangerous stuffs.
Defeats the whole point of clicking a pic. AI is integrating into daily life slowly & we won't even know how we got so dependent/used to it.

It is a simple take. Photo manipulation has been there for decades. This is basically bringing basic Photoshop skills to the masses. At the end of the day, how many people post on social media without manipulating the image?

Google recently also improved the update policy for ChromeOS. https://www.xda-developers.com/google-is-extending-chromebook-support/

I'm a big fan and heavy user of ChromeOS now. Easily the best Deskop OS ever made imo!
You may also find this interesting:

Lenovo To Offer Android PCs, Starting With an All-In-One That Can Pack a Core i9

Lenovo PC boss: 4 in 5 of our devices will be repairable by 2025

------------------------------------------
btw: To keep track of products demised by google:

Back