Graphic Cards Performance issues with Geforce 6600GT

fear is the worst coded fps game upto date. although it did work fine for me on my current pc. it dint run good on the 6600gt. i would understand if the game looks stunning & runs slow, but the game doesnt even look good.

techboy said:
If there a difference between FEAR beta demo and retail FEAR?
Can I play that maxed out at 1024?

Also,a 6800GT/GS should not have any problem with 1024 max

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/02/vga_charts_viii/page21.html

this shows that even a 6800gt or atleast 6600gt can't handle aoe 3 with a normal system
these guys are crazy
Did you read the complete article????
They used friggin FX-57. Thats huge difference. In game slike AOE3 processor is as important as graphic card. you have 3200+ and the tests are on FX57.
Dont expect games to run smoothly on your system if someone with FX57 and same card can play it well.

well i played AOE III with all setting max on Dell XPS laptop without any problem. i am not sure about FPS but gameplay was nice and fast enough..
(2GHz,1GB DDR II, 6800Ultra Go.)

6800ultra is way better.

Pls tell me the settings on which I can play the following games or people with 6600gt play these games at what settings:
BF2
FEAR
AOE3
Quake 4
NFS MW
Chronicles of Riddick
SC:CT

nfs mw all details max (in advance menu) except aa (set to level 1). Most of the game can be played at 1024. Some levels have to be switched to 800...but looks ugly.

I feel that instaed of posing more and more questions here, u'd be better off trying different settings and choose the best. I had to twek MW a lot before I could get a setting which looked good as also played smooth. Trial and Error is always better than asking for other's opinions and settings.

Back