PC for home usage; 18-20K

After reading about the Llano proccys I am getting confused, since they should be coming by June-July, but I cannot wait for that long. Would it be advisable for go for the following mobo and proccy now and use it for next 8-10 months and then sell it off and upgrade to Llano??

AMD Athlon II X3 440

Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H or any other similar mobo??

DarkAngel said:
Yeah :( The 880GA-UD3H too is a good mobo @ 5.5k :) It addresses the SATA port placement problem of the 880GM-UD2H AND 880GMA-UD2H by having right angled SATA ports
I searched on this board, the only drawback i could find it that it does not have an esata port at the back. That is something which is crucial for me as i use a esata dock but may not be for others.

Decius said:
After reading about the Llano proccys I am getting confused, since they should be coming by June-July, but I cannot wait for that long. Would it be advisable for go for the following mobo and proccy now and use it for next 8-10 months and then sell it off and upgrade to Llano??

AMD Athlon II X3 440

Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H or any other similar mobo??
If you cannot wait then go for the above combo. Solid build IMO :)

nah, juz that I need to use it for work and my old rig wont be able to handle that work so cannot delay it beyond March.

Bought the following from SMC today

Athlon II X3 440 - Rs 3400

ASUS M4A78LT-MLE - Rs 2600 (No gigabyte 785G board was available)

1 TB HDD (WD) - Rs 2700

CM ELITE 335 - Rs 1900

Tacens 500W Supero PSU (Modular) - Rs 2500 (Corsair wasnt available with them today nor was Seasonic)
I know all of you suggested me Corsair/Seasonic but since none was available i went in for this one.

SONY ODD - Rs 950

TVS Gold KB - Rs 1400

Logitech USB Mouse - Rs 350
Total damages Rs 15,800

I will be upgrading by the end of this year, in all probability to Llano so this CPU and mobo is for the time being only.

Here are the details of the TACENS PSU. It "claims" to have 85% efficiency

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/HenryChinaski03-tacens_supero_06s.jpg

Maya2009 said:
Is Gigabyte 880GMA-U2DH still available in the market..........??
Depends man , If your'e lucky , you might get the cookie , else just place and order and pester the sales guy to get your piece, all that hair in that anime dp of your's might need some sieving then :p [OR] You could get yourself a 880GM-UD2H / Exact same performance lesser in features and cost (by 200 rupees)

@OP : Congrats on your Rig + TVS Gold ! Love it , Mine has been serving me for 8 years now :D

Back