PC for home usage; 18-20K

DarkAngel said:
Just posted the above one for arguments sake. ;)

Agree that the Seasonic is better. But availability and A.S.S is not great.

There was a thread on how a member was asked to get a refund of only ~3.3k or a VX450 by Tirupati (Billed for ~4.1k) for his S12 II 520w (They didnt have stock or stopped import it seems).

The dealer got involved (He doesnt need to. But Rahul(TheITWares) is a kind dealer.) and finally they agreed to give him a VX550.

Why get a Seasonic now when his needs are fulfilled by the CX400 and go through this tortourous route for a RMA. That was the main reason why i recommeded him the CX400.
I agree... But most of the distributor does the same thing if they dont have the stock ( PSU or any other computer stuff) to give to the customers... Here on TE ppl say that Gigabyte have good service... but i really dint have a good experience in RMAing my Gigabyte motherboard... When i gave them my board to replace they told me that the rma process will take max 15 days but after 15 days when i went to digilink they were giving me a repaired H55M-D2H board(instead of S2H)... that board was in bad condition... That board's chipset heatsink was having scratches on it... So i didn't take that board and i told them to give me a new board... After so much drama and after wasting my 1 and half month i got a new board... So what i am trying to say is that here in india we dont get very good A.S.S... Some ppl get good service some ppl get bad service... In my case i was so frustrated that i was thinking to buy a new board instead of going through the RMA thing... See u r saying OP that he will get good A.S.S coz its a corsair PSU what if OP doesn't get good service?OP wud start cursing himself... Even Aditya Infotech was very famous for its customer service but what happened now? Ppl are scared to buy Sapphire cards... even after seeing that (3yrs warranty)letter...

Hades. said:
I agree... But most of the distributor does the same thing if they dont have the stock ( PSU or any other computer stuff) to give to the customers... Here on TE ppl say that Gigabyte have good service... but i really dint have a good experience in RMAing my Gigabyte motherboard... When i gave them my board to replace they told me that the rma process will take max 15 days but after 15 days when i went to digilink they were giving me a repaired H55M-D2H board(instead of S2H)... that board was in bad condition... That board's chipset heatsink was having scratches on it... So i didn't take that board and i told them to give me a new board... After so much drama and after wasting my 1 and half month i got a new board... So what i am trying to say is that here in india we dont get very good A.S.S... Some ppl get good service some ppl get bad service... In my case i was so frustrated that i was thinking to buy a new board instead of going through the RMA thing... See u r saying OP that he will get good A.S.S coz its a corsair PSU what if OP doesn't get good service?OP wud start cursing himself... Even Aditya Infotech was very famous for its customer service but what happened now? Ppl are scared to buy Sapphire cards... even after seeing that (3yrs warranty)letter...
Thats sad. Digilink was a better RMA provider compared to others. This happened before you joined TE? Coz i dont remember a thread on the same.
Simple logic i had for CX400 is that it sells a lot more than compared to S12 II 430. So assuming that it will have better stock. Kaizen's service too is overall +ve. But these one-off incidents(may be a few) do happen and make us regret our choice. As you say the A.S.S in India is not upto standards.

Checkout this thread: http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/pc-restarts-whenever-i-try-login-178695-3.html

I didn't post anything about the bad service of digilink but i did mention that i have replaced my old motherboard... If u'll go through that thread u wud come to know that restarting issue got solved when i replaced the VX550 and bought S12D 750w... From that day i started recommending Seasonic PSU's over corsair... i know that the problem i faced was some kind of unique problem but it did get solved after changing the PSU...

All specs/ratings/prices being similar, give or take a little here or there,

i will prefer to get a Corsair VX/HX/AX- for the simple reason that it has "replacement" warranty and Corsair seems to have a decent service network compared to other PSU distros in India.

- Usually doesn't require to be RMAed

- had to rma VX450, some of the new batch ones and were promptly replaced with fresh, sealed units

- Heard of some majorly delayed RMA issues some months back (around the same time when distro went from Kaizen to Aditya i think)

- now back on track i hear.

If Corsair is providing only 1x PCIe 6-pin connector on it's 400 watter, it's a good thing imho.

There isn't a dearth of those who will try to power up cards that require 2 PCIe connectors using the converter bundled with the GPU.

By getting 2x connectors on the Seasonic 430, there is a good possibility of someone going overboard with their expectations from that unit.

While it maybe seem good for someone with a not too power hungry setup who may end up with a single gfx card that requires 2x 6pin connectors,

i dread to imagine what may happen if someone decides to use the same PSU with 2 cards in CF/SLI that require a single PCIe connector each.

With specs similar to the CX400, the Seasonic unit is 430W? http://www.corsair.com/builder-series-cx400.html

[strike]If that 430 is so beefy as to provide 2x PCIe connectors, why does the 500W sibling come with only 1x PCie connector?[/strike] http://www.seasonicusa.com/S12II.htm

S12II 500 has 2x PCIe connectors- Overlooked the 6+2 pin PCie column- sorry

2x PCIe connectors on that Seasonic 430 is not a bad thing, maybe?, but not a good thing either imho.

BTW, i am a bit unclear on this- someone please help me out.

Is Seasonic warranty in India 'repair' or 'replace'- refurb or new?

And we may have derailed this thread? :ashamed:

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

I think I will be going in for the PSU whichever has a better availability in Nehru Place which I guess in all likelihood would be Corsair but I will check out and finally decide. Price difference isn't really a major concern here since difference between two is 200-300.

Proccy I will get Athlon II X4 640 only.

Should I have any preference in HDD?? Seagate Vs Western Digital?? Seagates have served me well for past 12 years though in my 3 different rigs.

pegasus said:
All specs/ratings/prices being similar, give or take a little here or there,

i will prefer to get a Corsair VX/HX/AX- for the simple reason that it has "replacement" warranty and Corsair seems to have a decent service network compared to other PSU distros in India.

- Usually doesn't require to be RMAed

- had to rma VX450, some of the new batch ones and were promptly replaced with fresh, sealed units

- Heard of some majorly delayed RMA issues some months back (around the same time when distro went from Kaizen to Aditya i think)

- now back on track i hear.

If Corsair is providing only 1x PCIe 6-pin connector on it's 400 watter, it's a good thing imho.

There isn't a dearth of those who will try to power up cards that require 2 PCIe connectors using the converter bundled with the GPU.

By getting 2x connectors on the Seasonic 430, there is a good possibility of someone going overboard with their expectations from that unit.

While it maybe seem good for someone with a not too power hungry setup who may end up with a single gfx card that requires 2x 6pin connectors,

i dread to imagine what may happen if someone decides to use the same PSU with 2 cards in CF/SLI that require a single PCIe connector each.

With specs similar to the CX400, the Seasonic unit is 430W? Builder Series

If that 430 is so beefy as to provide 2x PCIe connectors, why does the 500W sibling come with only 1x PCie connector? Welcome to Seasonic USA

So 2x PCIe connectors on that Seasonic is not a bad thing, maybe?, but not a good thing either imho.

BTW, i am a bit unclear on this- someone please help me out.

Is Seasonic warranty in India 'repair' or 'replace'- refurb or new?

And we may have derailed this thread? :ashamed:
Do not give misleading information... S12II 430 comes wid 2 6Pin PCI-E connector and S12II 520 also comes wid 2 6Pin PCI-E Connectors...

Checkout this link: Welcome to Seasonic USA

And as far as the S12II 430 quality is concerned its a well built PSU

Review: Overclock3D :: Review :: Seasonic S12II SS-430GB 430w ATX PSU :: Introduction & Specifications

Its all comes down to the availability... Both CX400 and S12II 430 are great PSUs...

Thanks Hades- corrected.

The 430 and 520 available here are from the S12II Bronze series.

Saw the 500W model in the S12II series table and also overlooked the 6+2 pin PCIe column.

(There is another funny observation but i will leave that for some other discussion in an appropriate thread as i have posted enough O/T here. )

Sorry to all the resulting error. :ashamed:

BTW, the S12II-430 is from this older series - Welcome to Seasonic USA

Everyone seems to be referring to the S12II-430Bronze but skipping the 'Bronze' part- Welcome to Seasonic USA

That may be misleading for some too- so we need to be careful with model names(/Revisons etc).

Anyways there is no debate on whether one is good or bad- sometimes decisions/opinions may be a bit more subjective than what pure specs/details present. :)

pegasus said:
Thanks Hades- corrected.

The 430 and 520 available here are from the S12II Bronze series.

Saw the 500W model in the S12II series table and also overlooked the 6+2 pin PCIe column.

(There is another funny observation but i will leave that for some other discussion in an appropriate thread as i have posted enough O/T here. )

Sorry to all the resulting error. :ashamed:

BTW, the S12II-430 is from this older series - Welcome to Seasonic USA

Everyone seems to be referring to the S12II-430Bronze but skipping the 'Bronze' part- Welcome to Seasonic USA

That may be misleading for some too- so we need to be careful with model names(/Revisons etc).

Anyways there is no debate on whether one is good or bad- sometimes decisions/opinions may be a bit more subjective than what pure specs/details present. :)

Hades. said:
Errr... S12II is not a old series...

S12II = Non Modular Series

M12II = Half Modular Series

X = Full Modular Series (80+ Gold)

Err... please compare the S12II http://www.seasonicusa.com/S12II.htm and S12II Bronze http://www.seasonicusa.com/S12II-Bronze.htm and let us know.

Since you mentioned 'S12II 520', may i presume you are referring to the S12II Bronze series?

If so, then that Seasionic 430W model all are discussing is the S12II-430Bronze and not the S12II-430?

Why is this so confusing? :(

Yeah... Most ppl here on TE write S12II430w not S12II430 Bronze... and i think that old S12II PSUs have been discontinued... So if a person who is looking to an S12II Series PSU then he will get S12II Bronze Series PSU only... :)

Just as a future reference

vip said:
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H 4300

Dushie said:

XTechManiac said:
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H 4300

7 people called me before in the last 2 months (+ one of them pinged me on FB) and said that were being referred by techenclave guys saying that there' no board called "880GMA UD2H" in the past week. Another guy 3 months ago got a board which doesn't really advisible to run a 120w processor despite they claim to do so. 965BE Oced+ the board= BAM!! Mosfets burnt. I think it was pointed out earlier but rams specifically for LGA1156/1366 at times have stability issues with AMD boards on more than one ocassions. In short: Either be accurate or just don't recommend. Trust me, you're helping people this way.

There's only 880GM UD2H Rev 1.3 where you require to disable HPET on the bios incase of any weird slow boot issue and there's 880GA UD3H. There's a difference between 3 boards, I am sure you guys can check it out yourself after doing a proper research.

Appreciated for the fact that you guys are trying to help but this board is not there. Some of these people had to take a day off from their job and hunt down the board, only later to feel like an idiot that there is no such board available at all. When you're taking dealer's name people specifically go over there and when they go over there its not there. I am sure we all know that its not possible for many to keep such websites live updated, so please confirm if you're really getting it. Its extremely easy to get mixed up with model numbers (especially like how gigabyte and asus names them) but people rely on you as they are confused.

Despite telling this through different forms of communication to Gigabyte, it fell on deaf ears. I even posted this on gigabyte India's facebook page as some folks from Gigabyte Taiwan checks them out on regular basis but its of no use. Its pretty obvious by now unless someone keeps them in check or if their sales/service ratio takes a massive landslide towards downwards, they don't care (story sound familiar? Yeah many companies in the past learnt this the hard way).

They have forwarded a sample to me, I reviewed it and then it seemed convinient to them to bring something else. I've called up SMC and confirmed it- they only have 880GM UD2H and 880GA UD3H. Confirmed with Prime and another store- it is not there. According to the guy whom I spoke to via phone, there was a very small amount of board which might have come, but mistook it for 880GM UD2H as well. 880GMA UD2H is with 880G with SB850, 880GA and 880GM is not with the same southbridge, GA being an ATX board.

I would also appreciate if people get some facts right before recommending anything blindly. One of these guys had a trouble after getting a GM, despite asking for a ATX board specifically. He had to wait and convince his assembler to get it changed to 880GA.

This isn't meant for the guys I quoted on top but there has been a rise of dealer fanboys. It was pretty entertaining at first but its on a rise. Some of these dealers don't even give a proper bill and the boxes don't even have a distributor's sticker, later on issues cropping up where dealers tell the buyers to go directly to the service centre and service centre refuses to do anything about it. Do you see what's happening? Unless you don't know what you're saying, don't say anything.

I am not taking any dealer's names, nor the personnel and the members in a good faith that they will stop doing so as some of these guys are still pretty new to the business, despite enjoying a good sales. But if its still on the rise, I am sorry to say but I am going to bring out the facts- rest assured I have enough facts and "purple coloured challan" to prove it. Its not going to be pretty mind you, and it will seriously damage the credibility of many people- and techenclave in the process. If any of the senior members who do nothing but lurk around, I would appreciate if you can spend as little time as possible on the forums. Ignore the idiots who troll you. Help people as much as you can.

@The Sorcerer

Thanks for the informative post.

Now if 880GMA UD2H isnt really available then I guess I am left with the MSI 880GMA-E45 or are there any other decent alternatives to it?? because I am keen on getting the USB 3.0 and SATA 3 on my board.

Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H - 5.5K --> SMC Intl. (ATX mobo with SATA ports at right angles :) )

Actually SMC had listed 880GMA for 4.3k 2 days back but have changed it to 880GM. Guess that was a typo from their end :mad:

Thanks Darky for the suggestion. Looks like I might end up overshooting my budget bit more. I am making up my mind for the following:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 - 4600

Gigabyte GA 880GA UD3H/MSI 880GMA-E45 - 5500/5400

Corsair CX400/Seasonic 430W - 2400/2600

Cooler Master Elite 330/335 Cabinet - 2100

Seagate 1TB - 2900

TVSE GOLD KB - 1500

Logitech Mouse - 300-400

ODD - 1000

The Sorcerer said:
Yeah, a lot of dealers and some users mistaking 880GM for 880GMA. Sucks, we don't even have 870A usb3 (or something like that).
Yeah :( The 880GA-UD3H too is a good mobo @ 5.5k :) It addresses the SATA port placement problem of the 880GM-UD2H AND 880GMA-UD2H by having right angled SATA ports

@Darky

I cannot really skimp on the KB, because I would require quite a bit of keyboarding say at times around 6-8 hours a day so i do require mechanical KB.

Back