PayTM doesn't even respond to tweets or emails :@

avi

Skilled
Read my bloody story. I bought a Kindle, order on 11th. Thanks to the seller and his delays, I received it yesterday. I know it will delay since seller shipped it very late, but I couldn't cancel. On you PayTM, you cannot cancel once shipped.

Fair, I don't care. They screwed up shipping and I can live with that.

But I received a defective Kindle. It has a bright pixel stuck , which is a known issue. But PayTM wouldn't reply me at all.

- They were active in chat with me on DM, but stopped replying once I said item is defective.
- I tweeted them in yesterday afternoon. No reply.
- I tweeted to someone else's tweet, hoping I get their attention. No reply.
- Later at night, I sent them an email. Sent the pics. They replied me and asked me to send pics.
- I said okay, I send them pics again. They replied after some 3 hours and asking pics to be in JPEG
- I said okay, I sent them JPEG.

No replies since so far. I am hurrying because once they accept the return, I can order one from Amazon with 15% off on Citi. Tomorrow is last date of offer.

Meanwhile I contacted Amazon. Within 5 mins this happened:

- They acknowledged the problem
- They agreed to take it to back and send me a replacement
- They are even willing to ship it even before I ship them one

I am not exaggerating, it did really happened in 5 mins with Amazon Chat Rep.

Only problem is, they don't know that it could be new one or refurb. Thats the only reason I am not going for replacement.

I had the exact same issue with a brand new Kindle paperwhite bought off amazon - a single stuck pixel in the middle of the screen. Chatted with a rep, requested a replacement. The replacement (brand new piece) arrived the same day the new one was picked up. This is the exact reason why I don't buy from anywhere else if the thing is available with Amazon.

I had the exact same issue with a brand new Kindle paperwhite bought off amazon - a single stuck pixel in the middle of the screen. Chatted with a rep, requested a replacement. The replacement (brand new piece) arrived the same day the new one was picked up. This is the exact reason why I don't buy from anywhere else if the thing is available with Amazon.
It's a known issue with Paperwhite or Voyage and Amazon is very quick for replacement.

It took them 3 days to reply to my query mail. They're good as a Mobile recharge company last i checked, Absolutely no difference between Askmebazaar and Paytm.
Man thats scary.

I have bought items from PayTm earlier too and it was not bad. In fact their CC was responsive and helpful. Only thing I didn't like was wallet cashbacks.

Yeah even I faced the same issue. I had sent them an email and got no reply even after two days. Then I tweeted to them about 2-3 times and then even I didn't got any replies. But yeah I got few followers who themselves were frustrated with the paytm support. They also liked the tweet:p

I was considering buying a Samsung S6 from paytm, mainly because of the 12% CB offer. Now I guess I'll skip and buy from Amazon, even if there's no discount.
(P.S: I had a bad experience with paytm a few weeks ago with regard to cancellation of a bus ticket; so yeah, I am biased against them).

I have bought items from PayTm earlier too and it was not bad. In fact their CC was responsive and helpful. Only thing I didn't like was wallet cashbacks.
I avoid wallet cashbacks. Makemytrip refunded 300 as credit and 600 to my bank account. What kind of customer service is it ?

I would suggest you to place an order with amazon. You can always return it if things don't go fine with PayTM. The problem with PayTM is that they don't have any control over their sellers and when a customer contacts them they just keep on sending emails to the seller who may or maynot reply. On the other hand I guess amazon has support even better than FK. I had sent an email to FK 36 hours ago and I am still awaiting a reply.

^man if PayTM rejects the return then I will be in a fix. I would have return the one I bought from Amazon and send existing one for replacement.

yeah i know but returning to amazon will be free and also the replacement. But just in case PayTM accepts the return, you will be having a new kindle and that too with 15% discount. Anyways its upto PayTM as those assholes have you money.

I ordered a L size tee shirt from Paytm. They sent me an XL one. The return went smooth and the money came in paytm wallet. Ordered again this time specially making sure it's L. Again got the XL one.
Had also ordered a jeans, but the seller just cancelled the order. Such a waste of time and I am left with quite some money in my wallet. Agreed I can use this on some other payment gateways but this was such a pain. The prices (with the paytm cashback ) are always better here comparatively but the hassle is just not worth it. And it's like a vicious circle. You get cash back in wallet, start looking for something again here itself, and so on.

Have you pressed the return button and initiated it? Use the ticket number and tweet to them. They are sloths. They reply to emails after days or hours. Ideally if you dont get a reply in 6hrs mail them again. These guys are seriously weird though. Ask amazon if it wil be a new or refurb piece and go for that if possible

Btw there is always an option to proceed to consumer court and beat their ass down. They are consumer friendly too.

But that should be a last resort.
Hopefully ****tards will resolve the issue. Just keep on posting on their twitter and facebook. Social image matters a lot.

Back