PayPal does not accept HDFCBank NetSafe cards anymore ?

is there any limit to the number of netsafe cards one can add to PP within a certain period ?

few years back my PP account was briefly suspended when i added 2 or 3 ns cards ( and deleted expired ones too ) within a few days.

^ Well, I don't think there is a fixed limit as such. They briefly suspend the account on various factors. Last week as usual I paid my hosting bill and immediately got a mail saying account has been limited. Although I just had to reset the password, enter the full card number etc to get the account active again.

Anyway add one by one and you should be OK, old cards will get deleted automatically once they expire so no need to do it manually.

does ebay.com accepts netsafe cards(mastercard) / any indian CC , couple of months back my payment got rejected but couple of week back i purchased items through with DX without any issue.

On both sites i used paypal as checkout , at DX i had choice to select country while making payment but it was not a case with ebay.com,US was selected bydefault with no other choice.

^ Open a PayPal account and make the payment through that instead of making the payment directly without logging in to PayPal. Would make it easier to manage and make the payment.

To answer your question, yes it should work.

Hi,

Netsafe problem lies very much within its own system.

I have been using Netsafe card to buy things online since 2006 without any hassle. But after more and more establishments started opting for third party payment inter-mediators like Paypal, using Netsafe has become critical.

During attachment of any Credit Card (Including Netsafe Card), Paypal debits and then again credits a small amount to confirm the existence of the card. But, Netsafe Card remains valid for single use and 24 hours, whichever comes first. So, the moment any attempt is made to attach it with Paypal, Paypal debits the small amount (technically, a transaction is made) and the Netsafe card becomes invalid or unusable to make the actual transaction.

HDFC Bank can solve this problem by just changing the validity of Netsafe from single use to Three usages (First for Paypal to debit the statutory amount, Second to credit it again and the third is for actual transaction by the consumer.)

I have failed to make the HDFC Bank officials (Upto the highest possible level) realize the trouble and take a note of my suggestion for easy (Possibly, I don’t know much about the logics and technicalities of online plastic Money transaction systems) resolution of the crisis. In return to my humble suggestion for the better usability of this unique and nice Product (Netsafe), HDFC rather preferred to direct me to banking Ombudsman- I don’t know what for. I never went to the bank with any complain rather I wanted them to give better life to their nice product.

However, it is their product, so they are at liberty to kill it.

^ Actually Netsafe works perfectly with PayPal. The initial charge you mention is done only once for verification. You need not do that for each and every card you add.

But otherwise when you add a card in PayPal, they check if the card is valid. If you then check Netsafe transaction history you will see PayPal mentioned there but the card will still work for your actual transaction. I have done this numerous times and I'm sure many members here have been using it like that.

This particular time it was due to some configuration error at their end where it didn't work with PayPal or even domestic sites.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

" Actually Netsafe works perfectly with PayPal. The initial charge you mention is done only once for verification. You need not do that for each and every card you add."

That's great Varkey.

May be due to some other kind of errors- but, after attachment of Netsafe cards to Pay pal, my actual payment transactions through that Netsafe card got denied. It happened at least ten times.

but now, if I have understood you correctly- it is-

A. Creat a Netsafe card of small amount- B. allow that to be charged by Paypal for verification only-- C. Create new card-- D. attach it to Paypal -- (There will be no fresh verification charge by Paypal) -- E. Pay against buying -- F. Repeat from step C to F.

Am I correct?

debasisslg said:
" Actually Netsafe works perfectly with PayPal. The initial charge you mention is done only once for verification. You need not do that for each and every card you add."

That's great Varkey.

May be due to some other kind of errors- but, after attachment of Netsafe cards to Pay pal, my actual payment transactions through that Netsafe card got denied. It happened at least ten times.

but now, if I have understood you correctly- it is-

A. Creat a Netsafe card of small amount- B. allow that to be charged by Paypal for verification only-- C. Create new card-- D. attach it to Paypal -- (There will be no fresh verification charge by Paypal) -- E. Pay against buying -- F. Repeat from step C to F.

Am I correct?
no, to verify paypal charges 1 usd. that charge when reflects on account shows a number along. that number is to be entered to verify the card. incase of netsafe that cannot be seen. thus netsafe card becomes useless. i have gone through this few times last year. but dont know if it has changed now.

debasisslg said:

Am I correct?

Yes that should work. I have been doing the same for the past 1-2 years for many transactions and never faced any issue.

@a_t_u_l - The charge is 1.95 USD and only for the initial verification. You need not complete verification for each and every card. Once per account is enough AFAIK. Last week only I added a new Netsafe card and used it for a purchase immediately, without doing the 1.95$ verification process again.

varkey said:
Yes that should work. I have been doing the same for the past 1-2 years for many transactions and never faced any issue.

@a_t_u_l - The charge is 1.95 USD and only for the initial verification. You need not complete verification for each and every card. Once per account is enough AFAIK. Last week only I added a new Netsafe card and used it for a purchase immediately, without doing the 1.95$ verification process again.
Sorry mate if you make two three transaction in a day it wont work. I have made 5 card in an hr and blocked my money.
But found a solution. its easy man.....

Verify PayPal Account With HDFC Netsafe VCC
yipee i am back on buying spree

Yes of course, the account needs to be verified. I am saying about adding new Netsafe cards to an already verified account as I already mentioned.

Anyway I haven't tried more than 3 transactions a day using Netsafe, but 1-2 transactions worked fine the last time I tried in a single day.

^ I agree. You will need to use a CC or a Netsafe card to verify. I'm only saying that once the account is verified, you need not do the 1.95$ verification process for each additional card you add.

varkey said:

varkey said:
^ I agree. You will need to use a CC or a Netsafe card to verify. I'm only saying that once the account is verified, you need not do the 1.95$ verification process for each additional card you add.
Ok, got your point mate.
Tomorrow shall check this, hope I complete the deal.
Already bought an item on ebay.com. And didnt know how to make payment.
gona make a big hole in dads pocket....................

wr8_utd said:
Can someone explain the use and benefits of the Netsafe Card? And will it work with my HDFC Debit Card? (Master Card)
Netsafe Cards are Virtual Credit Card that can be generated from any HDFC Debit Card.

The validity of netsafe card is 24 hours and they are valid for single usage only.

They can be used anywhere you require a credit card for payment or where you do not want to share credit card details with the website.

For more details:Online Credit Card Payment | HDFC Bank - Virtual Credit Card, Secured Visa Credit Card, Safe Online Shopping

Presently we are not offering services to Paypal site through HDFC Bank Debit Cards.

So you created a NetSafe card from a Debit Card and used it as Credit Card?

I guess this will not work !!

Back