PayPal does not accept HDFCBank NetSafe cards anymore ?

PoBoy

Skilled
Tried to add a NetSafe card to my PayPal account today. PayPal rejected it.
Tried another NetSafe card, same result.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

From HDFCBank CS :
...We observe from your e-mail that you are not able to use Netsafe cards. We wish to confirm that there was a link problem and customers are not able to use Netsafe cards. We wish to confirm that same is resolved now. ...

But, still does not work with PP.

Same error for me! :(

Tried adding a Netsafe Visa card and they rejected it saying

This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.

^ Looks like a common issue with Netsafe. I just tried to do a mobile recharge using the Netsafe virtual card but it was declined.

varkey said:
^ Looks like a common issue with Netsafe. I just tried to do a mobile recharge using the Netsafe virtual card but it was declined.
is your netsafe a mastercard or visa

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the problem is with visa netsafe as confirmed from other forums

hope you guys have called / e-mailed hdfcbank. more complaints, more the chance of something being done ...
hdfcbank, imo, has some of the dumbest customer service officers. it took me 4 days and 5 e-mails to explain the problem to the ass.

PoBoy said:
hdfcbank, imo, has some of the dumbest customer service officers. it took me 4 days and 5 e-mails to explain the problem to the ass.
Completely agree. I mailed them yesterday very clearly mentioning the issue is with the Netsafe Virtual cards and this is what they reply today

Presently we are not offering services to Paypal site through HDFC Bank Debit Cards.

I wonder if they even read the mails! Anyway sent 2-3 more mails, lets see what new story they are going to come up with this time.

pratikb said:
problem is paypal or any other vendor cant process refunds on it.

paypal customer care is better.

hdfc phone support is good.
Why not? PayPal or any merchant can very easily issue refunds without any issue just like a normal card. The refund amount will be credited to the source account ie Savings Account or Credit Card Account.

Edit : HDFC Customer Care sucks, I just sent more than 5 mails to them and they still haven't understood the problem!

varkey said:
Why not? PayPal or any merchant can very easily issue refunds without any issue just like a normal card. The refund amount will be credited to the source account ie Savings Account or Credit Card Account.

Edit : HDFC Customer Care sucks, I just sent more than 5 mails to them and they still haven't understood the problem!
this is what paypal had told me.
i had asked about same.like month or so ago.
i have not used it (netsecure ).

^There is no issue like that. I have got refunds from Google Checkout, eBay.in, Paypal for payments made using Netsafe cards numerous times.

Problem with visa new series number is now rectified. Old series is reverted back.

Thanks to some guys at dp who go straight to the nodal officer of hdfc in mumbai

^ Thanks for the info. Just added a card to PayPal successfully! :p

You've successfully added a credit/debit card. To make it the default card for your PayPal transactions, click the 'make primary' link.

Back