OC & Modding Overclocking Championship in India?

For a meaningful OC championship there should be some limits and parameters - like they have in the F1, and different classifications.

Like MAx over clock on stock cooler / max over clock on an off the shelf after market air cooler.

Max noise

These should make things more interesting (and a better show of skill) - then simply throwing ridiculous amounts of supercooled gases at it, which have no real application (and limited competition)

That's the silliest thing - we might as well invite some girl scouts while we're at it then. No point organizing an OC competition and then "limiting" contestants :S Why reinvent the wheel, just follow the working formats of OC championships running worldwide. And that's typically providing the same hardware for all contestants and determining what type of cooling should be used.

Your last comment suggests it's as easy as simply pouring LN2 or piling on the DICE while clocking... that is far from reality.

The Sorcerer said:
what if all the overclockers get the same equipment....same mobos, proccy, cooling type-air, water, whatever, rams, etc. That should turn the tables!!!!
You are drunk on tikka sandwich as usual?? :huh:
It's always the same equipment for all. :rofl:
And benchies are compared only in the same cooling segment- air vs air, water vs water.
Now that's a different thing who uses what air cooler or tricks for better temp control.
You can't blame a racing team for better engine/aerodynamics/handling(within specs of course) or the better driver. :bleh:
Anish said:
Why? For the Gigabyte and ASUS events held in S'pore, even LN2 was used
It was only a demo of extreme benching run by the greats iirc- the championship was limited to air, water and DICE afaik. :)
We can have air and water for the championship and DICE for the extreme OCing Demo b4 the results. :p

RiO said:
Your last comment suggests it's as easy as simply pouring LN2 or piling on the DICE while clocking... that is far from reality.

I think it's easier to kill h/w with LN2 or DICE, even at first boot than i might have tried while hardcore OCing on air or water. :(

That is if i don't damage myself first. :rofl:

TheIndian said:
For a meaningful OC championship there should be some limits and parameters - like they have in the F1, and different classifications.

Like MAx over clock on stock cooler / max over clock on an off the shelf after market air cooler.

Max noise

These should make things more interesting (and a better show of skill) - then simply throwing ridiculous amounts of supercooled gases at it, which have no real application (and limited competition)

+1

skill > money you throw at the equipment

Why dont these kind of events happen in delhi...i am really looking forward for something like this shud happen in delhi tooo....frnds try out something in delhi yaar..

TheIndian said:

Max noise

+1 to that, QX9650 that you can max overclock to 2.4Ghz, :bleh: :rofl:

guru said:
+1

LOL, are you saying there's no show of skill when you're given the same hardware, same cooling guidelines and the same amount of time to squeeze every last mhz out of the chip/memory/gpu? C'mon guys, start thinking with your heads.

@evilution, all the best for the event...

^^^

@Rio:
Wat did u pour into the DICE container during the benchies???

Acetone??? Or ethanol???

Jus curious..

Hello everyone, sorry for joining a lil late.

My idea of Oc Compy in India is:
1, Give basic hardware to participants, MB, CPU [Dual/Quad], 8600GT level GFX, RAM and minimum of 550W PSU.
2, Keep it "Air cooling" only event, as we want more guys to join and not every1 can afford a DICE container
3, Set of benchmarks are to be run in a limited time period(s), how it is @ other OC compys. Better scores means more points and Highest points = Winner.

Its Simple, no major headache and still its cool for every1 to meet and enjoy overclocking.

Let me know how you guys like this idea. :)

True, since its the first time, restricting the cooling to air will give a more level playing field.

Water, DiCE, etc can be limited to demos, and introduced next year.

RiO said:
LOL, are you saying there's no show of skill when you're given the same hardware, same cooling guidelines and the same amount of time to squeeze every last mhz out of the chip/memory/gpu? C'mon guys, start thinking with your heads.

Thanks for the motivation!! I am really trying my best to work things out ASAP!!

@ Anish, Dude I think it should depend on the organizers if they want Xtreme solutions for cooling or common one. Be it this year or next year ;)
@ Chaos, Thanks for showing faith in us (Team THL)
@ Evilution, any update on this???

@ Harshal - Yes Sir! :;)

@ Evilution - We're all fully backing you on this one mate, and eagerly looking forward to participate as well, keep up the good work! :D

TheIndian said:

thebanik said:
+1 to that, QX9650 that you can max overclock to 2.4Ghz, :bleh: :rofl:
guru said:
+1

LOL @ all the n00b talk. Did u guys know it takes a few hours to get the setup up n running even b4 u fire up the PC? Did u know it takes a few days of planning to get everything right? and painstaking amounts of time and patience to even get it started?

Having witnessed one of the record-breaking runs recently (tnx to RiO, Harshal, Darky n ANP), I can fairly say OCing to the limits is not kiddie's playground as u n me might easily assume.

evilution said:
It will be held in Bangalore along with Blaze Gaming Expo. For more info on Blaze Gaming Expo, Visit, :::: WELCOME TO BLAZE :::: THE HOTTEST GAMING DESTINATION -:- An Infomedia Event

so, March 1st n 2nd, Bangalore!! I'll be there! ;)

Harshal said:
1, Give basic hardware to participants, MB, CPU [Dual/Quad], 8600GT level GFX, RAM and minimum of 550W PSU.

basic hardware, but good OC-capability hardware. as is always seen in the 'Indian' scenario, i wudnt be surprised if they arrange for 'Intel Original' (G31) motherboards, Zion 800MHz '3-yr wrnty' RAM and Frontech/Tech-com 600W PSUs :lol:

gannu_rox said:
@Rio:

Wat did u pour into the DICE container during the benchies???

Acetone??? Or ethanol???

Jus curious..

Acetone, IIRC :eek:hyeah:

@all:

Ahem, same hardware? As in same type of CPUs? I am sure you all are aware that there is no guarentee that 2 randomly picked E6600 will go to the same speed at the same voltage. The same is demonstrated by Qx9650s as well. What is same hardware in your sense?

It should be a test of skill, and not of luck. Getting my flow?

Ofcourse bring in a little "REQD" knowledge in :)

Set the max CPU clock limit to 4.4Ghz with a 65nm and 4.8Ghz with a 45nm CPU. Something everyone can get with "effort."

Then let them show their "optimizations." At the same max clocks, whoever scores lesser in the benchmark (in seconds), wins.

Nothing to ROFL about here :)

RiO said:

If the CPUs were perfectly linear, yes, it would be a measure of "skill." But alas, they are not so.

Team A gets their CPU with skills to 4700Mhz on Dry ICE.

Team B gets their "not-so-capable" CPU to 4500Mhz on Dry ICE.

So Team A has more skills.

We switch CPUs :)

Team A gets their new CPU to 4400Mhz on Dry ICE.

Team B gets their new CPU to 4850Mhz on Dry ICE.

Whose the winner???

Back